Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #29
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
The manual for ZL1 1LE specificaly states to change the oil to Mobile 1 15W50, and change it every 4 hours of track time.
It is the only oil listed for use while tracking this car.

regular ZL1 has different requirements.

I guess this would be another instance where it would be nice to have a ZL1 1LE sub forum...
My point exactly but no one listens to me around here. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:21 AM   #30
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #31
GRZL11LE

Drives: 570 S, C63 AMG, E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
The manual for ZL1 1LE specificaly states to change the oil to Mobile 1 15W50, and change it every 4 hours of track time.
It is the only oil listed for use while tracking this car.

regular ZL1 has different requirements.

I guess this would be another instance where it would be nice to have a ZL1 1LE sub forum...
So if the car is run only on track, we will likely have to be changing the oil every track day, last track day i went to had only 2 run groups, and there was slightly over 4 hours of track time if one wanted to run the entire alloted amount of time. Makes sense.
GRZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:19 AM   #32
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
For a ZL1 1LE are the side deflectors and rain tray a have to remove item? The ZL1 1LE has a different front fascia with the big openings in the front for brake and engine cooling.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #33
tnspd

Also, For the ZL1 1LE Rear Diff with eLSD....is the rear diff fluid separate from the eLSD system? If so, do we need to just change the diff fluid or the eLSD system as well? I had a 2012 ZL1 which was pretty straight forward but now with the eLSD system I just need clarification.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #34
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I think you may want to consider that some of the information on tires can be model (tire) specific. If you are in the ZL1 1LE, I believe you are running an R compound as opposed to the standard ZL1 which is on GY S3's. I found that the non-R compounds can perform at higher pressures while preserving the tread from extreme wear. That should be your objective when running standard extremes..BUT you are not, So...The R's typically need lower pressures and higher temps, period. I am unacquainted with the new Goodyears on the Z1LE so you may be in unfamiliar territory. I've seen R compound tires vary up to 5 degrees as to where they have the peak performance/wear point. Cup2's vs NT01's is an example where I could run 33 psi hot on one tire and be in the sweet spot and 36 on the other. But I always start at 28psi cold (on R's) when I do not know the tire's habits or I'm running new alignment numbers. It will all change after the first few laps anyway. I pull off at lap 4, check temps, then pressure and adjust accordingly. Then off I go to catch the final 2 laps. My guess is that you'll want to be around 33f/34r hot.

I'm anxious to hear your feedback on the new Eagles.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #35
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRZL11LE View Post
So if the car is run only on track, we will likely have to be changing the oil every track day, last track day i went to had only 2 run groups, and there was slightly over 4 hours of track time if one wanted to run the entire alloted amount of time. Makes sense.
I have found it unnecessary to change after every track day. We did an analysis back in March and this corroborated our philosophy. But we are not running crazy track-only viscosity. I put in Motul Xclean and change it every other track day, or sometimes waited until the 3rd depending on conditions. I feel even that is excessive but it is peace of mind. A lot of guys here change it every time. However I track 3-6 times per month so it would be cost prohibitive to add $100 to each event cost. My oil always looks as new coming out as it did going in...not that appearance tells all but it is one indicator for sure.

For guys that daily drive their cars, there is a different approach I would recommend and that's to put the heavy duty stuff in for track and then change it out with a cheaper synthetic for daily. For instance, I ran Edge Dexos 2 for non-track driving and put the Motul in for track days. The Castrol Edge is far less expensive and seemed logical since I would only drive about 2-400 miles with it before the next track day. If the filter had only the track day on it, I would leave it too. Now the car only see's public roads to fuel up so the Motul stays in 24/7.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #36
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
I just formatted an SD card in FAT format.
Has anyone used the camera and software to record their track events?
I have to study the manual some more as I do not understand how you activate the recording as well as reviewing it.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #37
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
For a ZL1 1LE are the side deflectors and rain tray a have to remove item? The ZL1 1LE has a different front fascia with the big openings in the front for brake and engine cooling.
Literally no front difference in fascia besides some minor cosmetic changes to the grille and the dive planes.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #38
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
I just formatted an SD card in FAT format.
Has anyone used the camera and software to record their track events?
I have to study the manual some more as I do not understand how you activate the recording as well as reviewing it.
Was that a 10W-30 synthetic FAT format?
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #39
OminouSS

What's there to study? Put the card in and the PDR screen will initiate. toggly through typical lawyer language and then you're in the menu. All very intuitive, really. Manuals just make it more complicated than it is, lol.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #40
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
Thanks, I am tired of reading the manual. It puts me to sleep.

No, it was a 10W-40 synthetic fat format:-) Make a difference you know. There are at least 70 posts discussing the merits of 10w-30 to 10w-40.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:41 AM   #41
jnorman7911

Drives: 2018 Silver ZL1 1LE
ZL1 1LE track Prep

What side air deflectors are you talking about that need to be removed?
jnorman7911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #42
tnspd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman7911 View Post
What side air deflectors are you talking about that need to be removed?

I believe the ones under the front end in front of the tires. Each side has a rubber air deflector mounted under there.