The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Anyone Interested In a JL Audio Stealthbox??

Dont know if its ok to post this here(sorry Mods if it is!), but

Get ready for Summer early!

This is an Authentic JL Fiberglass Stealthbox, not some cheap replica, used for about a year, never abused or distorted, pushed with a JL 500/1. All JL stealthboxes come with w3v2's, this was a custom job since the mounting plate on the w6v2 is different. Box is also lined with polyfill, and sub is wired to terminal with 8AWG JL Audio High Powered Sub cables

This little 10 BANGS with superior clarity, Anyone who got in my T/A could not believe I only had 1 10", After having this sub I will never buy a different brand of woofers for the rest of my life. This is perfect for those that want the pound of 2 12's but need their T-top storage. This set up cost me over 500 with the sub brand new, make me an offer

Here is some info on the sub

Product ID: JL10W6V2 Category: JL Audio W6 Subwoofers
JL Audio 10w6v2 Subwoofer
Description: The 10W6v2 is a great choice for those seeking audiophile sub-bass performance with strong output capability in very compact enclosures. Exceptional linear excursion capability and highly optimized motor and suspension designs ensure linear performance at high power levels. Patented cooling technologies enhance reliability and linearity. Well suited for compact sealed or ported enclosure designs.

Nominal Diameter: 10 inches (250 mm)
Continuous Power Handling: 400 Watts
Voice Coil: 2.75" diameter, 4-layer, Kapton former
Available Configurations: Dual 4 ohm only
Xmax (one-way, linear): 0.60" (15.2 mm)
Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.50-1.00 cu.ft. (14.0-28.0 liters)
Ported Enclosure Range: 0.75-1.25 cu.ft. (21.2-35.5 liters)
VRC™ Technology: YES
W-Cone™ Technology: YES
Elevated Frame Technology: YES
Floating Cone Attach Technology: YES
NeckVent™ Technology: YES

JL Audio 10W6v2 Retail Price: $499.99
JL Audio StealthBox Retail Price $424.99
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sorry. I'd pick it up, but I already have and 10 and 12 JL. Sounds like a very nice set up. Looks good!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
HERE IS SOME INFO ON THE STEALTHBOX FROM JLAUDIO.COM

The secret behind the performance of JL Audio Stealthbox® systems lies in the unique approach taken in their design and in the fact that they are hand-crafted from fiberglass and/or Advanced Molded Composite (AMC) materials...

Fiberglass delivers a level of enclosure rigidity and dimensional stability not possible with other enclosure materials, allowing wall thickness to be reduced compared to a typical wood enclosure. This gives you more interior box volume for a given external volume (which means louder, deeper bass in the end.) Fiberglass and AMC materials are incredibly strong and can be molded into very complex shapes. The flexibility of shapes permitted by this type of construction gives us the ability to design your Stealthbox® to fit perfectly into tight spots so as to minimize intrusion into your vehicle’s useful space. At our facility in Florida, expert craftsmen laminate, grind, join and finish Stealthbox® enclosures by hand. Proprietary techniques and materials developed by JL Audio through years of fiberglass manufacturing experience ensure consistent quality and unsurpassed performance.

The JL Audio subwoofer drivers at the heart of each Stealthbox® system go through rigorous testing before being assembled and loaded into your enclosure.

There may be cheaper ways to make a subwoofer system, but there is no better way.
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
jjferrantelli

Drives: 95 Z28 Camaro
stealth box

Hey is this still available
jjferrantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Neenjah

Drives: 98 ss
Got this link off google, sorry for bringing it back from the dead. Is this still available?
Neenjah is offline   Reply With Quote