The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-18-2023, 04:52 PM   #1359
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I think Brand and Division when it comes to car companys like GM the names are interchangeable. The company GM controls the Division/brand.
Very much not interchangeable at GM. Is Customer Care and Aftersales a brand? Nope. But it is a division of General Motors. Is GM Product Development a brand? Nope. It’s a division. And without it, the brands would have nothing to sell. The rough cut is divisions do things and/or make things. Brands market and sell things that the divisions make. The companies do control the brands and divisions, but brands and divisions have different purposes in life.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 04:57 PM   #1360
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

It would be a cool video if Scotty actually knew what the hell he was talking about.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 11-18-2023, 05:02 PM   #1361
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Few want EVs and peeps are getting sick of uglyass SUVs.
884,000 Tesla Model Y sold in 2023. So far. Year’s not over. But few people want them. Mkay. https://www.focus2move.com/world-car-market/

Clipped from the linked article…

Looking at the cumulative data up to September 2023, the best-selling car in the World becomes the Tesla Model Y -up 3 spots- with 883,982 units sold (+65.9%).

Second place is in the hands of previous year’s leader the Toyota Corolla, with current YTD sales at 815,035 down 2.0% from the previous year.

The first pick-up in the rankings is the Ford F-Series, in 3rd with 672,117 sales and a 19.6% year-on year growth.

The Toyota RAV4 falls 2 spots into 4th reporting 651,117 cumulative sales, a 1.5% loss from the sales period last year.

Never let facts get in the way of a strong opinion.

Old 11-19-2023, 05:06 AM   #1362
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
World record Tesla light show in Finland (687 Teslas)

Last edited by chevy pilot; 11-20-2023 at 01:01 AM.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 07:43 AM   #1363
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
[QUOTE=MyNameIs;11380522]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

You’d actually be surprised how many people DON’T know that Chevrolet is General Motors or that Cadillac is General Motors.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Its all part of the dumbing down of America. You'd be surprised as to how many think Nissan Honda and Toyota are American companies, and have no clue they are sending their hard earned dollars back to japan each time they purchase one.
You ok with all the parts on GM’s made in China?
Some of the vehicles made by others have higher US part content compared to GM. We didn’t have to bail any of them or their financial institutions (GMAC) nor any of their underfunded pensions out. GM has contributed in providing China with auto manufacturing knowledge and investments there. China is far more of a concern to me. I can no longer support overcompensated CEO’s, woke companies that push a one sided agenda via lobbying and a workforce that donates a majority to one party only. I have 3 GM’s and may buy older ones but can’t support them anymore via new purchases on a go forward. It’s not so simple anymore when you are a global company.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 09:36 AM   #1364
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Quote:

You’d actually be surprised how many people DON’T know that Chevrolet is General Motors or that Cadillac is General Motors.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Its all part of the dumbing down of America. You'd be surprised as to how many think Nissan Honda and Toyota are American companies, and have no clue they are sending their hard earned dollars back to japan each time they purchase one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Quote:

Some of the vehicles made by others have higher US part content compared to GM. We didn’t have to bail any of them or their financial institutions (GMAC) nor any of their underfunded pensions out. GM has contributed in providing China with auto manufacturing knowledge and investments there. China is far more of a concern to me. I can no longer support overcompensated CEO’s, woke companies that push a one sided agenda via lobbying and a workforce that donates a majority to one party only. I have 3 GM’s and may buy older ones but can’t support them anymore via new purchases on a go forward. It’s not so simple anymore when you are a global company.
Just to be clear, the part in red was stated by MyNameIs, not me, so I’ll let MyNameIs respond to that.

Old 11-19-2023, 02:16 PM   #1365
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
It would be a cool video if Scotty actually knew what the hell he was talking about.
I don't usually agree with Scotty, in most cases I think he is FOS. This is the only thing I have heard him say that actually makes sense.
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 02:19 PM   #1366
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Realist;11380693]
Quote:

Yeh...the fact that GM, Ford and the whole country is selling out the Shina sucks! Its why we need new leadership in the red House.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 11-19-2023 at 05:56 PM. Reason: 8yg
Old 11-19-2023, 04:04 PM   #1367
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
[QUOTE=MyNameIs;11380801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post

Yeh...the fact that GM, Ford and the whole country is selling out the China sucks! Its why we need new leadership in the White House.
You're gonna get in trouble...

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 05:54 PM   #1368
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=bigd1276;11380823]
Quote:

You're gonna get in trouble...
Lemee edit it.
Old 11-20-2023, 03:05 AM   #1369
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Im sorry, can you just confirm youre using two videos from a guy that you dont usually agree with because, in your own words "hes FOS" to support your point?
FWIW in this case he is definitely FOS.

Whats wrong with his arms as well, is he conducting a marching band?
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:30 PM   #1370
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

More electric craziness....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=aCoAsPtgRKg
Old 11-30-2023, 11:27 AM   #1371
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
3,882 Car Dealerships Ask Biden To Ease Throttle On EV Push

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/11...le-on-ev-push/
"Never let facts get in the way of a strong opinion."

We will legislate all alternatives out of existance.
Then we will say the transition was driven by consumer demand, with "facts" to prove it.

"And finally, many people just want to make their own choice about what vehicle is right for them.”

...never let personal freedom get in the way of a government mandated "anti-inflation" free for all spending spree that forces consumers to buy what they are forcing on us.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 12:52 PM   #1372
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Auto dealers call on Biden to hit brakes on unrealistic, unachievable electric vehicles mandate

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...te/ar-AA1kNtj9

Waiting for Martinjlm to spin...........

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote