Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #43
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Great win for GM and Camaro owners everywhere. Also a win for the manual transmission generally as they cited the fun factor of a MT as being important for a driver's car.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #44
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Congrats to the Camaro Team!!!!
Awesome Accomplishment!!!!

It’s the first American-brand car to win the 7-year-old award
- Motor Trend’s 2014 Best Driver’s Car -
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #45
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
The nerd rage going on in the Youtube comments section of the "Picking the 2014 Best Driver's Car" video is insane. LOTS of 15 year old boys with GT-R posters on their bedroom walls are losing their minds.
And let's get real, the 2014-2015 Z/28 is aimed at what age group? Slap an already used engine in a Camaro from a previous model in the GM family and lets strip the car, give it the bare minimum in everything else. GM had nothing else to focus on other then the actual way the car drives.

I challenge GM to make a car that's modern with the same amenities s that's out there today, that ends up being #1.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #46
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Outstanding job Chevrolet! Am very glad to have one.
ksupkt87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #47
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
And let's get real, the 2014-2015 Z/28 is aimed at what age group? Slap an already used engine in a Camaro from a previous model in the GM family and lets strip the car, give it the bare minimum in everything else. GM had nothing else to focus on other then the actual way the car drives.

I challenge GM to make a car that's modern with the same amenities s that's out there today, that ends up being #1.
We get it, you hate this car. Stop trolling the Z/28 section because you can't figure out what car you want.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #48
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:

Never Satisfied lol
Old 09-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #49
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:

I'm sure GM will take this under consideration and carefully consider your challenge to them...

Let's get real, after all!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #50
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
Quote:

Go buy a Subaru, that's what you want and can afford.
2014 Z/28 Black VIN #176
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #51
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
I like the rage that I see with some people on Motor Trends site because an American car has won something.

They don't seem to understand that with Motor Trends drivers car is not about finding the best street car or the faster car on the track. It is purely about finding the best car for those who purely love the drive, they are looking for a car that isn't for everyone. The Z/28 Camaro performed flawlessly on both the back road and on the race track and it has three pedals for the driver. It was kind of an easy one for the Z/28 Camaro this year, as out of the few highly likely cars to win this year didn't have a stick. I honestly feel that for a drivers car it has to have a manual transmission (though not every car has won it with a stick and for other reasons).

The problem is with fan boys who wanted only their car to win, they are even more upset that not only did their car not win but an American car beat them. I feel that the Z/28 Camaro has everything that one who is looking for purely a drivers car is looking for. If the Porsche 911 GT3 was in this though I do think that it might have won (though I heard that Chris Harris picked the Z/28 Camaro over a Porsche 911 GT3 RS).

It seems that most of the I hate this car from Camaro fans amounts to that they wanted a car that they could own and this isn't. to them I must say, if they lowered their target for the Z/28 Camaro so that you could have one it flat out wouldn't be as cool as it is. I know that some of you will say yes it would have been or it would have been better purely because you can get one.

I have a solution for you guys as what you guys often describe as being the car that you really wanted the Z/28 Camaro to be is the 1LE. My solution is to buy a 1LE Camaro (get all of the options on it that you want to it starts at something like $37,000) and put some Z/28 Camaro badges on the car problem solve.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #52
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
Quote:

Dynamic suspension spool valve systems and carbon-ceramic brakes ARE the amenities some of us want!

I no longer want this car.

I need this car.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #53
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:

GM already made a modern car with the amenities you're looking for. It's called the 2015 Corvette Z06. Both cars are aimed at the same age group - the one that can afford them.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #54
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:

I suppose you would want to know how Mrs. Lincoln liked the play . . . .
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #55
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Did Randy really drop a 'MERICA' during his laps in the Camaro? Lol

Congrats GM on a great product, well deserved through and through! Looking forward to the C7Z06 and the 6th Gen Camaro.
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #56
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I could just watch Randy throw the Z around in that video again and again and again...

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote