Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #155
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
A few shops around my area in DFW mostly 80% of them, not Pfadt headers just Tri-Ys in general. Car is mostly a mile runner or will be. But if they help topend I'm sold....
Pretty sure Pfadt is the only one that makes Tri-Y's. Doug Thorty (possibly the wrong vendor) makes dual-Y's - but I believe Pfadt's Tri-Y design is unique.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about not having enough gains with these headers. Just look at how well they do with the Corvette.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #156
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Pretty sure Pfadt is the only one that makes Tri-Y's. Doug Thorty (possibly the wrong vendor) makes dual-Y's - but I believe Pfadt's Tri-Y design is unique.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about not having enough gains with these headers. Just look at how well they do with the Corvette.
I see that, guess I'll just wait for there ss dyno sheets
Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #157
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Pm with price. Thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #158
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
So I was thinking these but after speaking and asking around I was told these will hurt my topend and won't like high revving engines (non-boosted setups) I'm planing mid 700s in a few months with boost and these die off arounf 490 500rwhp. Any other thoughts?

Not saying these won't do the work I'd like to know thats all.
Careful of who you are listening to. You're likely to find yourself making less than the best choice. Everything in your post is less than correct.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #159
62nalide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Careful of who you are listening to. You're likely to find yourself making less than the best choice. Everything in your post is less than correct.
Most of the shops I talk to are record breaking shops in the Texas Mile kinda hard not to listen ya know? This is my 1st SC setup always been a Turbo freak so headers weren't needed for any of my projects. But again doesn't hurt to ask around. I really like these headers just wondering how they do with higher HP, pretty sure they'd be ok BUT just wondering.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #160
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Well I'm in... ordered this morning. Sometime here in the future I'll have a used set of Bassani headers and high-flow cats for sale lol.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #161
CamaroCK
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS
Can i get a price to 91326 please
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #162
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Well I'm in... ordered this morning. Sometime here in the future I'll have a used set of Bassani headers and high-flow cats for sale lol.
So can we expect a before and after dyno sheet from too?

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 06-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #163
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
So can we expect a before and after dyno sheet from too?
I already have the "before" so I'll probably do the "after" once I get the Pfadt headers installed. Although I'm also on the list to be notified when their mid-pipe x-pipe becomes available which will probably tweak the power a bit more. The last dyno run I had with the current setup produced 468 rwhp, and that was with a tune. We'll see what Pfadt's tri-y does.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #164
62nalide

Sweet, I would really like to see before and after on the LS3/L99 engines.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #165
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
These are better than conventional headers so if conventional headera hold up the power good I dont see why tri y wont do the same
Old 06-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #166
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
OK, what cat back system would go with these headers, L99 with high flow cats and...?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #167
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Out of curiosity, who told you that the Pfadt headers don't have any top end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Yeah, I would think if anything it would be opposite.....plenty of top end, maybe less low end. But in reality, headers are a great mod....these motors love to breath. The dyno chart shows gains at all rpms.
Quote:

DTH (Doug Thorley Headers) was the first to make a Tri Y for the Camaros. They've been doing them since we prototyped and helped bring em out back in mid 2010. They are a hell of a product, with the worst marketing, but best bang for the buck - bar nothing. You can go back to our old thread I did in March of 2010 when I did one of the first install/reviews and see the Dyno sheets from other shops that compared them with the more popular ARH's and Kooks and see what I'm talking about.

There is definitely a reason that they are hard to keep in stock. Even when we throw money at them to ramp up production and make more of them. DTH only does runs of about 15-20 sets at a time and then move to whatever is next in line. Money and Marketing keeps/kept them from absolutely killing the header market for the Camaros then and it still does. (Not to mention OBX/XS and the likes of others coming in and knocking off the Kooks and ARH designs that have all but thwarted both of those companies....)

Tri Y's were developed to introduce the power earlier in the RPM range to help get bigger, heavier cars going faster, sooner. That's why we've seen them in big trucks and RVs for the last 15-20 years primarily. Our cars are getting bigger and heavier so it only makes sense for folks to start using them.

With that being said, they are still going to be a great power adder in the upper RPMs as well but the gains with them verses a normal LT or Stepped LT in the lower range is where the difference lies.

We're excited to see Pfadt roll out with these. I think that was another rub with the DTH's in as they were ceramic coated steel and not Stainless which is what Pfadt is using with theirs. I believe that the Pfadts will take off and do really awesome.

With an idea like a Tri Y and Pfadt hooking up.....it should turnout like a Jerry Bruckheimer and Will Smith Summer Blockbuster.

Let the movie begin......
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Old 06-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #168
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
I guess I don't know how to read a dyno... Not seeing it. But I'm a believer! I live 5 mins from their shop. I'm going to get some.

Closed Thread