The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
How much longer will Hendrick keep on screwing the customer before somebody stops him?
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #16
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Maybe you are right because none of the sales have been finalized at this point. But if it was corporate policy NOT to sell above MSRP, then I would think that dealerships that did not adhere to the policy would be in serious violation with corporate headquarters. But what do I know.
Pricing per deal is usually made by the individ Gen Mgr.....it probably was NOT a policy, but may be now...it is individ withthe autonation group - the Ft laud Autonation is not over MSRP, however another autonation store 50 miles away is 4K above sticker....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Two words... Specific Performance... You guys know that those actions are illegal right? Should have retained an attorney and get a judge to force the deal...
Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
dennisW
Dennis

Drives: c3, c4
<<<Pricing per deal is usually made by the individ Gen Mgr.....it probably was NOT a policy, but may be now...it is individ withthe autonation group - the Ft laud Autonation is not over MSRP, however another autonation store 50 miles away is 4K above sticker....>>>

There was a point in time that I had placed a $2k over MSRP at an AutoNation in Orlando. It didn't take long before I realized that not ALL Chevy dealers do that, as was stated by the GM at AutoNation. Thanks to this forum, I found yet another dealer that I placed my order with at MSRP and got my $2k deposit back from AutoNation.
dennisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
briclayman

Drives: 2014 MB CLS 550, 2016 BMW X1
I have a C7 on order with Hendricks in N.C., so when I read the post I was concerned. Saturday, I emailed my salesman. He called me immediately, assured me that this was not their standard practice and that Mr. Hendricks had responded personally. I asked for something in writing, and received the following email.

Brian,

As I shared with you on the phone we will not be charging over sticker. We were committed to selling all our cars at sticker, regardless of what other dealers did. We believe this to be a fair price on an unbelievable vehicle. The store in question is our sister store in GA. Mr. Hendrick got wind of the issue he was not happy. He actually released a statement on the Forum regarding this issue. From this point forward no Hendrick stores will charge over sticker for the Corvette.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Milos Sainovic
Internet Sales Manager
Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
919-757-3501

For the record, I'm not affiliated with the dealership, and I haven't ordered from them in the past, but so far, the process has been very good.
briclayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Good to hear and good on you for getting it in writing.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
LIVNLIF65

Drives: 2012 camaro ZL1
Just like the OP this happen to me on my convertible allocation ,I put down my dep over 16 months first on my dealers list.this is a dealer I have purchase over 150,000 worth of personal and company vehicles in the last two years.I was told that they want 10 thousand over msrp but because I'am a good customer that they are just going to charge me 5,000 over I said no way and started looking around to see what everyone else was paying.Went in to my dealer yesterday armed with this forum notes about this I talked to the GM for this dealer and he told me it was out of his hand it was a decision that GENERAL MOTORS told him he had to do,I handed him the paper from the forum and he didn't know what to say .I love this forum it help keep everyone on a level playing field .i wish GM would step in and reprimand the dealers that are doing this since they used our tax dollar to get out of trouble when the economy crash OK MY RANTS OVER THANKS FOR LISTENING.I'am in the Maryland area if anyone has had a good experience with a dealer I'am looking for a new one
LIVNLIF65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
I don't understand why you are posting this about your unnamed dealer here?
Maybe you should have started a new thread about your dealer, and saved some one else out of making the same mistake.

The claim by your dealers GM that General Motors told him that he had to sell at 10,000 over list, is the most outrageous thing I've heard so far. It was his decision, and his alone, Chevrolet set the price... That's what MSRP is!

All of Rick Hendricks dealerships are selling at MSRP. Rick has made the proclamation publicly. He found some of his dealers GM's trying the same thing, and he stopped it. My car is on order at Hendricks in Duluth GA. And will be at MSRP. Mine is now built, and I await pickup day.
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
occar

Drives: n/a
It's funny some of the stories you get. Every dealer I visited claimed to be the only one not trying to mark up the price. I visited a lot of dealers, and all but one gave me this story (including the one I ended up ordering from). By the end, I just started telling them they were BSing me because I'd already been to many of the other dealers
occar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #24
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Hendrick did make the corrections and personally apologized to me. It still didn't help the problem. I still don't have my car since I had to go to the back of another line at another dealership. Oh well to will there own. Oh yea You keep defending them on several threads for something Dan and Jason tried and failed at. They will get you well when you pay for the car when it arrives. Word is that dealer fee and specialty prep fees rose after Rick shut down the $5000 raping. They were many others that this happened to as well and I am glad to see they have a lot of cars coming in not presold. Hopefully they will sit on the lot awhile as well. I will run into Dan and Jason one day and give them some words.......
Old 11-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
FASTZ2895

Drives: 95 Camaro / 04 Corvette
Send a message via Yahoo to FASTZ2895
We'll Hendricks screwed me also! I was looking to purchase a 2012 vette and I was told I had to many cars? Never late on any payments. I'm in the Army and been serving for over 30 years. I own a business and I'm told I can't purchase another car what gives? This is bull
Old 11-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #26
CruznCorvette

Drives: 2014 C7
If you are financing them, it very well could be the case.
They go by your credit score and your income to debt ratio.
Other things they might consider –
Co-signer on another loan
Several credit cards with no balances and high spending limits.

I’m sure if you walked in with a certified check / cashiers check for the full amount, they’d sell you a car.

CruznCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Not all Hendricks dealers are crooks, you can't lump the poor service from one dealer into a bucket and say all the dealers do the same thing. there are plenty of Hendricks dealers that don't add a markup.

I got my vette and ZL1 from the same Hendricks dealer and didn't pay above MSRP. I had to put a deposit, good faith but that deposit was credited to the purchase of the car when the vehicle arrived.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #28
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVNLIF65 View Post
Just like the OP this happen to me on my convertible allocation ,I put down my dep over 16 months first on my dealers list.this is a dealer I have purchase over 150,000 worth of personal and company vehicles in the last two years.I was told that they want 10 thousand over msrp but because I'am a good customer that they are just going to charge me 5,000 over I said no way and started looking around to see what everyone else was paying.Went in to my dealer yesterday armed with this forum notes about this I talked to the GM for this dealer and he told me it was out of his hand it was a decision that GENERAL MOTORS told him he had to do,I handed him the paper from the forum and he didn't know what to say .I love this forum it help keep everyone on a level playing field .i wish GM would step in and reprimand the dealers that are doing this since they used our tax dollar to get out of trouble when the economy crash OK MY RANTS OVER THANKS FOR LISTENING.I'am in the Maryland area if anyone has had a good experience with a dealer I'am looking for a new one
Just sayin', GM has no control over what the dealers charge. It's Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price for a reason.