Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
reidms

Drives: Audi TT
When can we order the Camaro in the UK for the UK?

I have been a huge fan of the american muscle car for many years in all it's shapes and forms, and only now has there been the possibility of getting a right hand drive version to launch in the UK, and what a bonus it comes in the fantastic shape of the awesome Camaro.

Please can someone help feed my anticipation by helping me get an answer to the following question.

"Does anyone have any idea when we here in the UK will be able to order the new Camaro?"

I have been searching the web to find a hint as I know the Chevrolet bosses have given a strong indication that it will be in the next 12 to 18 months, and I am Very keen to get my name down for a 2SS with the RS pack.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
reidms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Hi - I've already spoken to Chevy here (and a few others).

We get it around March/May 2010 in RHD. When we can order... no one knows. It may yet be canned since GM is not doing so well in the US - the Camaro has to sell well in LHD before we're secure.

Also, we won't get the full list of specs to order. I'm told it'll probably only be the SS and even then, the 2SS/RS only. Why? It won't sell here so they'll do as they have with the Monaro and VXR8 - just offer the top dog with a nice big price tag.

The ONLY bit of good news I can find - I've been told by more than one person that it is supposed to be "under £30k". Do I believe that? No.....
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I hope you guys are able to get your Camaros, you have to wait one year- that would be hard but well worth it, Goodluck and hope you all get your dream Camaro with affordable pricing
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
reidms

Drives: Audi TT
Thanks for the update.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If anyone hears anymore please send an update.
reidms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
order, ordering