The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > New Member Intro Lounge

Old 02-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
imported_RobertHarriSS

What's up with all these Camaro bums?

Is it those sexy tail lights?
Yet another camaro5 refugee joins the ranks of C7.
Hi everybody. My name is Robert and like a whole lot of you, I'm a camaro lover/owner. I love the hell out of my car and it going to be a struggle fighting the urge to trade it in on a new c7. I've got so much blood, sweat & hard earned cash invested into that car...but that sweet, sweet Stingray.
What an dilemma. Keep my sweet ass hot rod that I've built over the last 3 1/2 years and save money for the next 4-5 years, or trade that car in on a brand new stingray?

Back story:

I LUSTED after the camaro since the day I saw the concept back in 2006. It's been so long I forget. I had plans on getting a used 5th gen vette up until I saw the camaro concept. That day everything changed. My first car was a 69 camaro SS. I always regretted selling that car, and I have very good reasons for my camaro love but that's a different story. I love my camaro. I love the shit out of my camaro! I just did the 3.91 gears a few months back, HELL YEAH! What an upgrade. I still enjoying doing mods 3-4 years later. All in all I'd have to say that I've got about $10k in aftermarket equipment and upgrades.
It's going to take me about 5 years to be in the position to keep the camaro and swing a corvette. In about a year I could trade the camaro in on a brand new stingray. These are what I like to call "first world" or "rich guy" problems. Whatever. Problems non-the-less. What to do? Here's another twist that some of you might or might not have considered. How about the flood of awesome c6 cars that are going to be dirt cheap in the next few years? Have any of you considered the real possibility of picking up a c6 ZO6 or grand sport at bargain basement prices? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has these thoughts running through the old Gulliver.
For those of you that made it through that rant or whatever you might call it, what are your thought?
imported_RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...

Keep both! I'm a bad influence... :madgrin:
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Your enthusiasm is lively!!!

I was debating a c6 z06 or zl1 until this beauty debuted. I rarely use the back seats in my car so the switch wont be too bothersome. I have wanted a track car for some time and this seems to foot the bill. I plan on getting the base model with z51 and trading up to the z06 model.

This car from the factory is going to be incredible. I cant get it off my mind, or mouth, or desktop and keyboard.

Then the gen 6 camaro will be on the horizon. I look forward to the future. It is BRIGHT!!!!
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
imported_RobertHarriSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Your enthusiasm is lively!!!

I was debating a c6 z06 or zl1 until this beauty debuted. I rarely use the back seats in my car so the switch wont be too bothersome. I have wanted a track car for some time and this seems to foot the bill. I plan on getting the base model with z51 and trading up to the z06 model.

This car from the factory is going to be incredible. I cant get it off my mind, or mouth, or desktop and keyboard.

Then the gen 6 camaro will be on the horizon. I look forward to the future. It is BRIGHT!!!!
I know right. So many cars so little cash. The new SS...
imported_RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
If you had a Camaro convertible, you'd have a little sympathy for C5 refugees. :rain:
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenMachine View Post
If you had a Camaro convertible, you'd have a little sympathy for C5 refugees. :rain:
Welcome fellow:spy:
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Welcome fellow:spy:
Thanks! Glad to be here. Heck, glad to be anywhere!
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Welcome!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome