The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
uefa2k1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to uefa2k1
Drag racers speeding over 140 mph crash on L.I.E. -- and miraculously everyone surviv

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...everyone_.html
Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
Wow, I would love to see their insurance rates after this!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
that's the problem with NY...everyone here wants to race. it gets annoying. im on the LIE and such all the time and there's always some beater with rattle mufflers and duct tape revving his engine. everyone thinks they're superman until this happens, thankfully they crashed on exiting, if they woulda crashed at 140 on the expressway it would not have been pretty
Old 03-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Stupid is as stupid does......
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
MontanaKnight

Drives: Dreaming Of the 2011 SS2 A6 - Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB3 View Post
Wow, I would love to see their insurance rates after this!
Rates.... No insurance for those two...
MontanaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
chvyman

Drives: 2SS 45TH,gfx,blade spoiler,h grille
doesn't mean they were DRAG racing, just racing! they should not give drag racing a bad name.
chvyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD

A Ricer’s Guide to Driving

It’s the day you have been waiting for your entire life. A few weeks ago you passed your driving test, and purchased your first car. In that time, you have slaved over your new baby, slowly transforming it from a front-wheel drive hatchback into a certified street racer. You have installed a body kit, new racing gauges, a new exaust, and more stickers than you can count. Today however it is finally finished. You just bolted on the rear wing. Now that your car with its 4 speed automatic gearbox and tire-melting 96 horsepower is finished, it’s time to get really good at driving it. You are a new driver so you have much to learn, and I am not going to deny that the road ahead of you is long and full of many potholes. Yet, I am sure with practice and determination, you will succeed in your mission to become the greatest driver ever. Below I have compiled the 10 Commandments of Fast and Furious driving.

1. You must tailgate at all times. If you are more than a foot away from the car in front of you, you are not trying hard enough.
2. Never turn off your high beams. You get extra points if they are aimed up.
3. Signaling lets others know where you are going. Winning the race is easier if other cars can never be sure where you plan to go next.
4. Always weave through traffic. Your car was built with extremely advanced suspension and handling. Use it.
5. Speed limits are for suckers. Live a little.
6. Never check your mirrors when you are changing lanes. When you are traveling over 100 mph in a car with drum brakes, it is important to keep your eyes on the road at all times.
7. Don’t talk on the phone. You have an unlimited texting plan. Use it.
8. Your parking brake is actually designed for handbrake turns. Make sure to practice on wet roads at high speeds. Good drifters are sideways at all times.
9. Everybody loves the sound your car makes with your new exhaust. Share this sound with as many people as you can by driving through residential neighborhoods at wide open throttle no earlier than 2 a.m.
10. Don’t upgrade your brakes when you buy bigger rims. Physics doesn’t apply to your car. Stopping distances don’t matter as much as looks anyway.

Source: http://www.dailyinterweb.com/2008/10...de-to-driving/
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
I hate when street racers are called drag racers. Drag racing is legal, street racing is moronic
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote