The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Screen Storage Compartment and Concealed Carry Permits

For those of us with Concealed Carry Permits, any suggestions on a suitable and sizable item for the Screen Storage Compartment?
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
I got the Sig P938 in the 9mm hope it fits. No one has showed us the real size of that box
Old 08-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
SilverRay

Drives: 2014 Silver C7 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
For those of us with Concealed Carry Permits, any suggestions on a suitable and sizable item for the Screen Storage Compartment?
Glock 27 (.40 cal) should fit gun measures 4"x 6"
SilverRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
ak-47, that's what a passenger seat is for
Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Richardlord

I ordered the 7 speed manual; but I can't easily steer, shift, and hold & accurately fire my Beretta PX4 Storm at the same time - Guess Nate is right; need fast women strait shooters literally riding shotgun in this fast car that shall be high on carjackers' bucket lists - GM, forget the advanced anti theft device; give us guys advanced anti-theivin', gun-totin', quick-drawin', lead-slingin', devisin' fast women riding shotgun in our fast C7s

Last edited by Richardlord; 08-20-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
I will take two of those women
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Too bad you didn't ask a few days earlier when I was at Laguna Seca and could have measured the compartment. However if it is similar to the one on my XTS behind the CUE, it will be tight. My Passport Max just fits width wise, but with enough room for the cords and window suction cup unit. I doubt even a small gun in a hip holster would fit.
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
dennisW
Dennis

Drives: c3, c4
My Glock 30 (.45 cal) is about the same size as your Passport Max. I don't need the holster in the screen compartment, I keep that in my pants with my other Glock 30.
dennisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisW View Post
My Glock 30 (.45 cal) is about the same size as your Passport Max. I don't need the holster in the screen compartment, I keep that in my pants with my other Glock 30.
Guns are a lot like horsepower.....you can never have enough.

Hey if the back is big enough for a set of golf clubs..........we will never be outgunned!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
I'll have to get out of Maryland (the gun control asshats have made it all but impossible to get a CCW here) move to Virginia then. Ironically, MD has a "stand your ground" doctrine while Virginia doesn't.
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Richardlord

I too MD but have out-of-state Virginia CC Permit that is good almost anywhere else except MD. You can transport through MD (just not in your C7 dash cubby) - Just keep your ammo away from your weapon locked in your trunk in MD. You can get a MD CC if you feel endangered and can convince a judge (this is under Court appeal). Maybe owning and driving a C7 shall constitute just endangerment.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
Sajonf

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
I am quite sure my S&W Bodyguard .380 and holster will fit in there. If not the center console will do
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #13
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
I too MD but have out-of-state Virginia CC Permit that is good almost anywhere else except MD. You can transport through MD (just not in your C7 dash cubby) - Just keep your ammo away from your weapon locked in your trunk in MD. You can get a MD CC if you feel endangered and can convince a judge (this is under Court appeal). Maybe owning and driving a C7 shall constitute just endangerment.
You have to go through the MD State Police and show "good cause" - which means you aren't getting approved unless you know someone. There's also a 3 month backlog at this point just to get to the review committee. SB281 (our unconstitutional assault weapon ban) was railroaded through so everyone is scrambling to beat the October 1 deadline. Fuggin' O'Malley.......
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
You have to go through the MD State Police and show "good cause" - which means you aren't getting approved unless you know someone. There's also a 3 month backlog at this point just to get to the review committee. SB281 (our unconstitutional assault weapon ban) was railroaded through so everyone is scrambling to beat the October 1 deadline. Fuggin' O'Malley.......
Hey all you guys stuck up there in the ultra liberal zone......Come on down to Texas. You don't even need a CCL to conceal a loaded handgun in your vehicle.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote