Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #29
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Man that is his car he is a camaro fan too so do't nag on him. Just because he owns a Mustang. I mean I am a pure chevy camaro fan but that is not a bad looking stang he has. But he says his next car will be a camaro, and he has not put anyone down yet, so far he is cool, so just go with it.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by my99gmcss View Post
may i ask why your in a chevy forum with a mustang on your page :slice:
Go into the "what other vehicle do you drive" thread. I think you'll find that a majority of the guests and members here drive anything but Camaros. I don't blame him for driving a new Mustang. It's just about the only new retro musclecar out there. I know a couple people who bought Fords because GM just wasn't coming out with anything. I'll tell ya this...it takes guts going into a GM site and having a Mustang in your sig. Props to you official style. You have my respect.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #31
official_style

Drives: 2005 ford mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by my99gmcss View Post
may i ask why your in a chevy forum with a mustang on your page :slice:
because i like both! and i will be getting the camaro most likely the 2nd year it was availible. there was no camaro availible when i bought the mustang (wanted brand new)

official_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #32
official_style

Drives: 2005 ford mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I know a couple people who bought Fords because GM just wasn't coming out with anything.
this was one of the reasons i bought the mustang. i do prefer gm, they have a much better product line, and i looked at the gto, but it just didnt do it for me like the mustang did.

official_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #33
nitrokid

Drives: 69 Camaro RS/Z28
I think the Camaro's success will mainly depend on how closely the production model will resemble a retro camaro(1967-1969),as it stands right now,GM's designers and engineers have yet to accomplish this feat.

In retrospect look at the 1967-69 Mustang,by far the most popular and favorite era of the mustang ever produced...bar none!,with the emphasis on the "fastback"version.

...and i might add Chryslers(Dodge,Plymouth)Challenger,Cuda,again the most popular and favorite era of muscle cars(1970-71),as far as the pony car era(no offense intended)

I live less than 10 miles from the Flat rock Michigan assembly plant that produces the Ford Mustang,as it stands right now Ford has their employees working 12 hour a day,7 days a week to meet the demand of the mustang.That right their says alot!

When the Camaro was debuted at the 2006 Auto show,the public was in total Awe of the Concept camaro,how-ever i believe the actual interest in the car was generated due to the fact that the car resembled the 67-69 camaro era,not that it was a Concept car,and i think GM thinks the exact opposite.

Which in turn if that is the way the Concept camaro is headed(emphasis on concept vs.retro)I think GM is goona be behind the eight ball when it comes to overall acceptance and popularity of the new camaro vs the Challenger and Mustang.
nitrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #34
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokid View Post
I think the Camaro's success will mainly depend on how closely the production model will resemble a retro camaro(1967-1969),as it stands right now,GM's designers and engineers have yet to accomplish this feat.

In retrospect look at the 1967-69 Mustang,by far the most popular and favorite era of the mustang ever produced...bar none!,with the emphasis on the "fastback"version.

...and i might add Chryslers(Dodge,Plymouth)Challenger,Cuda,again the most popular and favorite era of muscle cars(1970-71),as far as the pony car era(no offense intended)

I live less than 10 miles from the Flat rock Michigan assembly plant that produces the Ford Mustang,as it stands right now Ford has their employees working 12 hour a day,7 days a week to meet the demand of the mustang.That right their says alot!

When the Camaro was debuted at the 2006 Auto show,the public was in total Awe of the Concept camaro,how-ever i believe the actual interest in the car was generated due to the fact that the car resembled the 67-69 camaro era,not that it was a Concept car,and i think GM thinks the exact opposite.

Which in turn if that is the way the Concept camaro is headed(emphasis on concept vs.retro)I think GM is goona be behind the eight ball when it comes to overall acceptance and popularity of the new camaro vs the Challenger and Mustang.

But there are a number of people that don't feel the Concept is all that retro...

I would have hated seeing a total retro redo of the '69. But I love the modern 'retro' that they went with instead.

I don't see the concept as 'retro' so much as modern with some retro hints.

Next to the Camaro Concept the Mustang and Challenger are pretty blah. (IMO)
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
right, ellwynX - most people dislike, completely retro and would rather have something that fits in this century

The Camaro is exactly that. GM is designing it to be capable of becoming an every-day car, yet still sporty.(kinda of a strech, but like a big Cobalt). I like the Mustang from the sport perspective, but I could never see myself driving to the grocery store in it. I can see the Camaro doing that.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #36
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokid View Post

Sorry dude, but you are in the minority on this one…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #37
BigRedCornhead

Drives: 94 Badass Z28
I think the Camaro will be what it has always been the yin to the mustangs yang. The Camaro did one thing the Mustang can and never will be able to duplicate, be a choice to the people don't like the look, attiude or how common place the mustang became . I mean really now whats wrong with coming in 2nd if 1st place has been copied so many times its not cool anymore. That premis only was the backbone for a 40 year run.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #38
DC1_01

Drives: Pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by official_style View Post
this was one of the reasons i bought the mustang. i do prefer gm, they have a much better product line, and i looked at the gto, but it just didnt do it for me like the mustang did.
!!!!FRIGGIN PONTIAC!!!!

The little shit, twinkled toed, half assed, communist ********ers who come up with the biggest let down (I am talking about the newer GTO).

I know they are a division of GM, I know that its all one big happy family, but I am telling you all! Someone in that part of the family is doing their damnedest to sink the company single handedly though crappy designs and ideas !!!!

I have allways loved F-body's and my fav has allways been the Trans Am. I am dumbfounded as to how we can go from something so cool looking to the "Newer GTO" or the that other turd they just came out with last year that I refuse to try and spell.

THANK GOD some form of the F-body is making a return "and forgive me for saying this tentively sexist statement ladies, cause I would love for a woman to have the new Camaro", but I am also equaly as thankfull that it has more of a bad ass "masculine" look to it than the Mustang.

( The Mustang looks like its more of a chick car to me than the Camaro or Charger concepts, forgive me)

<RANT OFF>
DC1_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Wow, you need to settle down a little buddy-your still kinda new here, but we have rules...watch the language please.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #40
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Sombody get a fire extinguisher quick!
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #41
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
Price will be key. Also, the Camaro will have a fuel management system that will allow it to be driven on four cylinders, a technological advance. I did read one writer's comments that if someone were found driving a Camaro like this he would follow him home, take it out of its owner's garage and set it free, but that is another story. The car is, overall, awesome looking, though I have to see it in person to say that for sure. Yeah, aftermarket parts will abound for this one, probably already set up. The only critique I would have is that is the new Camaro truly an "American" muscle car when it will be produced in Canada? The first Camaros were produced (as far as I know) in America, so this is a question of mine. It would be nice if GM could have them built here, but the production costs would price them out of most prospective buyers' budgets. You can buy the car but not the era is my point. Still, the world has changed but if the Camaro can return the way it has been showcased, I will take mine in red with black racing stripes and a white interior (seen a picture of that already), thank you.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #42
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosc35 View Post
The only critique I would have is that is the new Camaro truly an "American" muscle car when it will be produced in Canada? The first Camaros were produced (as far as I know) in America, so this is a question of mine. It would be nice if GM could have them built here, but the production costs would price them out of most prospective buyers' budgets. You can buy the car but not the era is my point.
Uh oh.... here we go again....
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote