Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
Nicktag28

Drives: 2011 camaro v6
Just got a camaro and i have a bunch of questions.

So i just bought my Camaro. It's a 2011 v6 automatic. It's my first new to me car that isn't an 1888 rust bucket. I don't know alot about cars and I'm* currently trying to learn as a hobby, so sorry if ask any dumb question. This car is my daily driver.

• so how do I know if I have the 1lt or the 2lt package? I read the 2lt comes with leather seats a backup camera Bluetooth and fog lamps. I have Bluetooth* (audio only No media) and the fog lamps. But no leather seats or back up camera.

• Bluetooth is static. When I connect my galaxy s7 to Bluetooth and make a call all I get is static. Anyone know if this is fixable or should I take it to the dealership? And is their a way to upgrade the Bluetooth for media?

• should I use premium gas? Owner manual says to use 87 or above. Alot of the stuff I read on here it seems alot if people use up to 93 octane. The highest I've seen in my town is 91 but I currently use mid grade 89. Should I upgrade to premium 91?

• washing. I was reading the washing and detailing sub and I was curious if I do the detailing once a year how it says to on the sub, how often can I just soap it up and scrub it without the detailing?

• winter time? This is my daily driver and it's stored outside. I drive 40 minutes to work and in the winter sometimes it gets pretty snowy/icy/slushy. First how does this car handle in the winter? Should I get snow tires or chains? Or use another vehicle? Also should I get a car cover? Since it's stored outside I want to protect it from the elements so I was thinking if getting a car cover and covering it every night and day when it's not in use.

• volume control. They said this vehicle is all gm stock parts. I'm not sure what kind of speakers these have but I'm notrious for blowing car speakers. Should I upgrade these speakers before I blow them? I try not to listen with the volume above 27ish right now.

• the switchblade key with all the buttons doesn't have a key in it. I like the switchblade key lol where could I take it to have them put a key in this thing?

• are their any first things I should be doing since I bought this car? Besides adding my radio presets lol
I'm not quite ready to mod it up, if I did It's gonna be cosmetic and not mechanical. What are some cool things I can add to the interior for a more comfortable drive? The only outside mods I can think of wanting to do is black out my rims and get some halo headlights.

Yeah probably alot of dumb questions but If anyone has a few answered it would be much appreciated thanks!!

* Sorry for the long post. A few pics attached. Thanks.
Attached Images

Nicktag28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 AM   #2
TwistedCamaro
Mad***der

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
if you don't mind me asking what you pay for it?
Old 09-13-2017, 02:37 AM   #3
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCamaro View Post
if you don't mind me asking what you pay for it?
Not at all. Sticker price was 12,888 I got away with it for 11,500. I think I got a pretty good deal since it was a first time buyers loan. Credit union gave me a 13% interest rate but the dealer got me down to 7.24% (I have no credit) probably would have waited but needed a car that day. This thing is amazing!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:38 AM   #4
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Nice wheels, congrat's! I'd say you have a 1LT since no leather. Fog lamps come on the LTs. Waxing is important, at least once a year to protect paint and clearcoat. Many happy miles!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #5
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Nice ride.

You will want to get real winter tires for December - April. Most of us pick up a 2nd set of wheels so that swapping them out twice a year is easy. It seems most people avoid the car cover because the wind can cause paint damage when the cover is flopping around.

The switchblade key was discontinued after people started killing themselves when the car would shut off while driving due to the weight of the key in the ignition.

If the car doesn't have a catch can, thats one mod that should be at the top of your list.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #6
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Congratulations on the new ride
Old 09-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #7
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Nice ride. Get a catch can.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #8
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Congrats, sounds like you got a good rate for no credit.
The Bluetooth shouldn't be static. I would get that checked out. As far as speakers, 27 seems high to me. I like loud music and I rarely get passed 22. If you wanted to upgrade speakers they are 6.5/6.75 up front and 6x9 in the rear. You will need speaker adapters which a company ******** sells. Then you can put aftermarket ones in there with the adapters
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Congrats on the new ride! It's probably a 1LT without leather. With the V6, you can run 87 but I would run 91 regardless. I wax and detail 3 times a year, but I wash and spray with quick detailer once a week. The switchblade without the key was a GM recall, it sucks. When I bought mine, I asked the sales person why there was no key and he told me it was a recall thing. Mods get addicting, enjoy the ride!!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
Nice wheels, congrat's! I'd say you have a 1LT since no leather. Fog lamps come on the LTs. Waxing is important, at least once a year to protect paint and clearcoat. Many happy miles!
Thank you very much! I'll definitely be waxing!!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #11
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Nice ride.

You will want to get real winter tires for December - April. Most of us pick up a 2nd set of wheels so that swapping them out twice a year is easy. It seems most people avoid the car cover because the wind can cause paint damage when the cover is flopping around.

The switchblade key was discontinued after people started killing themselves when the car would shut off while driving due to the weight of the key in the ignition.

If the car doesn't have a catch can, thats one mod that should be at the top of your list.
Cool thanks I'll pick up some winter tires and a catch can! Is their another watch protect the car in the winter? Since I store it outside.
That sucks about the key but it makes sense. Thanks a ton!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Congratulations on the new ride
Thank you very much!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #13
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Nice ride. Get a catch can.
Will do! Thank you!!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #14
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Congrats, sounds like you got a good rate for no credit.
The Bluetooth shouldn't be static. I would get that checked out. As far as speakers, 27 seems high to me. I like loud music and I rarely get passed 22. If you wanted to upgrade speakers they are 6.5/6.75 up front and 6x9 in the rear. You will need speaker adapters which a company ******** sells. Then you can put aftermarket ones in there with the adapters
Cool thanks for the advice. Im very happy with the deal i got I'll have the dealership check out the Bluetooth and I'll try and keep the loud music down till I upgrade. Thanks a ton!!