Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #155
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well, if its the LS3 and performance you are after while money isn't an object, then get the Vette not the G8 GXP -30 hp more and 900 lbs less. Or order a crate LS3 and install it yourself in the Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 AM   #156
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
you got something against Ponchos? do I need to line our 'Hawk up against that there Camaro SS of yours to prove a point?

C'mon now! You know me!!
But, I will line'em up! I'm ALWAYS up for a run!

I just get perterbed when GM says, "here's the concept. It has 400 hp." Then, two years later they say, "the Camaro is going to have around 400 hp" and people say they won't buy it because it doesn't have more. Ummm.....didn't GM just....confirm what they said all along?

Now....hear me out. I want the LS3 as well. I REALLY WANT IT. But, like upgrading the LS3, you can also upgrade the L76. I just simply don't see a reason NOT to buy the Camaro because it has an engine w/ equal power (capabilites) but not the specific engine designation. If GM said they would ONLY produce a 4 cylinder Camaro, I would cry...cry some more, and not buy one. Why? Because I wanted what GM said they would build. GM never said anything about the Camaro getting a SC LS3. They never said anything about anything being Supercharged!!! Ugh...they said 400hp. And...

AGAIN. THEY REITERATED THOSE EXACT NUMBERS>>>>>> 400.

It's about the Camaro.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:46 AM   #157
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

GM never said anything about the Camaro getting a SC LS3. They never said anything about anything being Supercharged!!! Ugh...they said 400hp. And...

AGAIN. THEY REITERATED THOSE EXACT NUMBERS>>>>>> 400.

It's about the Camaro.
never said it, but i'm still sitting here.....dreaming.....waiting......hopeing....
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #158
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
the l76 is a good motor. sure you can do mods to it and make it have alot more. but now take everything you do to that l76 in mods and do it to an LS3. how much horse power do you have coming out of that LS3??? long story short, if there is no LS3 i will not buy. i want my ls3 or a gen V. till then l76... well its good and all but its in a ponitac too. do you want your grandparents to have the same engine as you???
I thought I recently heard that the top G8 will be getting the LS3, so wouldn't your objections to your grandparents having the same engine as you still be the same if we get the LS3 in the Camaro?
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #159
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I thought I recently heard that the top G8 will be getting the LS3, so wouldn't your objections to your grandparents having the same engine as you still be the same if we get the LS3 in the Camaro?
Clyde
good point. but think grandparents will buy g8, camaro or corvette wit that money?