The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
new gm financial news

as i said on other posts last night that neither the us government or the federal reserve will ever -- noooooooooo wayyyyyyy no howwwwwwwwww let the american auto industry go under--neverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

just a few minutes ago gm got 4 billion dollars in loans---on january 17th will get 5.3 billion more dollars to continue.

i had said last night this would happen you cant let in this time of a deep recession in the us that is gonna take time to out of-to colapse into a wholesale deep depression thats makes 1929 look like childs play- a million more people lose their jobs an it takes decades to recover from--plus the domino affect throughout the world as this world is tied together financially

that deadline of friday midnight no longer is in play as i said the federal reserve would lower the conditions if gm couldnt meet them and they did
the feds know over the next 2-4 years it will take a hundred billion to actually stabilize the car industry and such conditions as restructuring -- uaw negiciations on wage give ups--retire ment and laid off policys still have to be restructured

the point being all the neysayers ready to jump ship --saying things like gm will still go banctrupt etc etc-- were wrong even to the snide remarks i goit last night --like when i said this industry would neverrrrrrrrrrrr be allowed to go under by the us government or federal reserve==comments from pessimists --like i should never -say never --pffffttttttt

now of course this doesnt relieve the supplier question.. and the same pessimists are jumping out of 10 story windows --the sky is falling --armagedon etc etc---- i believe we could have a delay -- hopefully only a week or two-- but maybe a month or two----OR JUST MAYBE NO DELAY AT ALL AS YOU KNOW GM AND ANY JUDGE IN BANCRUPTCY COURT ARE GONNA DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO GET THE ECONOMY MOVING IN THE CAR INDUSTRY AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE--I MEAN COME ON OUE GOVERNMENT AND OUR FEDERAL RESERVE HAVE DONE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO EVERYTHING TO STABILIZE THE AMERICAN CAR INDUSTRY---AND YOU THINK SOME JUDGE SITTING ON A SUPPLIER BANCRUPTCY CASE WILL SAY SCREW YOU TO THE GOVERNMENT AND LET GM GO UNDER BECAUSE OF NO PARTS?? OR DELAY PRODUCTION OF THE CAMARO FOR MONTHS?? THAT ALSO IS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN--THE MARO IS GONNA BE BUILT AND THEY WILL GET THE PARTS NEEDED NO MATTER WHATTTTTTTTT
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Caps lock... The internet cruise control for cool...

Periods, capitols, question marks. Learn to use them correctly please.

It's still just a band-aid on a bullet wound. Even if this does float them until early next year, the legacy costs that are drowning GM are in the 40-70 billion range.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
link?

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
leatherneck

SEE THE RESPONSE ANOTHER BAND AID-- YEAH AN ANOTHER PESSIMIST

And my typing skills are that of a monkey --i agree -- but capital letters --questions marks and periods --os this what we are here to talk about?????--or do you want to make snide remarks to others just for fun we dont need that here----my post while gramatically an puncuationaly a disaster. was able to be read and understood-- im not concerned about how someone types here --im concerned not only for me but the 1000s of other camaro lovers who want info in any form to try and relieve some of their anxiousness while they wait on their dream
Old 12-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
leatherneck

now xanimal whats a link

inspite of my obvious expertise on all computer funct----imm soo sorry to say i dont know how to post a url--duhhhhhhhhh---but im sure you are able to see rthe financial news on a 1000 different web sites-- for example yahoos home page for one where i got it -- word of mouth -- pffffttttt-- msn-- serach boxes-
Old 12-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
BryGo
Moving up in the world...

Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAnimal View Post
link?
Heres one I read last night:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=6538436&page=1
BryGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
--os this what we are here to talk about?????------my post while gramatically an puncuationaly a disaster. was able to be read and understood-----
No. You see, this is why people should have to show their high school diplomas to use the internet. It's not that we want to make fun of small typos or slight use of slang...it's that your disrespect for written language makes it impossible to read your post. We don't want to spend an extra 5 minutes per post to try to figure out what you were trying to say. Of course you think it's legible, you wrote it; the key to writing is to format it in a way it is understood by someone else.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Do you mean this?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/29/news...ion=2008122916

Edit: Nevermind I guess not, All it says is they get the 1st part of their load/bailout today but wait what is this:

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/36843839.html

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
leatherneck

Thank you Brygo

The only different from that posts that came out today is that overall GM gets 9.3 billion --4 billion today and 5.3 billion on january 16th or 17th--but thanks for posting that
Old 12-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
No. You see, this is why people should have to show their high school diplomas to use the internet. It's not that we want to make fun of small typos or slight use of slang...it's that your disrespect for written language makes it impossible to read your post. We don't want to spend an extra 5 minutes per post to try to figure out what you were trying to say. Of course you think it's legible, you wrote it; the key to writing is to format it in a way it is understood by someone else.
Merf,
The guy is a 60 plus year old Vietnam Vet. He didnt grow up around computers. Give him a break.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
leatherneck

yes animal that post and thoine one after

those conditions will still have to be met-----but the 9.3 billion is not conyingent on those conditions --Gm and the federal reserve are still negociating in ernest to come up with middle ground but those conditions in the url -is notttttttttttttt --gonna stop Gm from receiving 9.3 billion 4 billion of which they already got today and is in their hands now--and those conditions have not been met--an on jan. 16th the extra 5.3 billion will be in their hands regardless of these conditions as i saif the government and the federal reserve will not let the us car industry go under --neverrrrrrrrrrrrr
if the uaw -- on policys like wages-- wages for those laid off-retirement restructuring etc etc do notttttttttagree to the federal demand-- guess what?????????? the federal reserve will lower their demands until its worked out--when will people get it thru their heads that the federal reserve will not let the american auto industry go under--its notttttt an option!!!!!!----we are in a deep recession -this wil take time to climb out of -- right??? the shut done off the american auto industry will cost a million more job loses turning our deep recessioon into a deep recession that will make 1929 look like childs play-- but unlike 1929 it wont just affect the us this is a global world now which has financial ties ----this will never happen
Old 12-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #12
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
It is amazing that so many do not take the time hit that little green check mark with the ABC before they hit the submit button.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #13
leatherneck

xanimal good post but you didnt read it

true after the post i made which was legit this web site you found-- not a national news web site or anything --they say their insiders heard--in washington thats worth nothing-- butttttt say its true--the last line of your great url said the loans if not approved today will be secured and given no latter than tuesday---- so the difference from what i said --if true is 24 hours duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Leatherneck

you're killing me.

If you need any help with links, images, or anything in general just send me a PM.

I'd be glad to help out.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote