Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So this was alittle wierd

Listen to this crap I recieved from my dealer last Friday.

So I walked into the dealership asking about the little Paint cards for the Camaro. My dealer, who I've worked with over the past few months, told me to "have a seat".

He then left the office and I sat there, alone for about a good solid 10 minutes. He then came back, and handed me 2 of the color cards and said we needed to talk.

He then started to tell me that they are delaying the production of the Camaro, and that he is going to give me my deposit back, but I will still be 3rd on their list. I asked him why would he keep me on the list, even if they are refunding my deposit. He said that they do not really know when the Camaro is coming out, and didnt want to hold my money for a indefinite amount of time.

I asked him how does he know that the Camaro's production date i changed, and he told me that the plant was shutting down for a month starting in January.

I began to laugh and told him I'm fully aware of the plant shutting down for a month. I told him that the plant makes 4-5 different vehicles and the Camaro section of the plant isnt going to be shut down. He then told me that he has heard the enitre plant will shut down. Which started making me worry.
I told him to keep me deposit, and I told him that I would call him sometime in the first week of January.

Heres what I'm afraid on, and please give me some sort of moral boost.
What if he is trying to give me my deposit back because the dealership is closing down, and hes just trying to blow smoke. Or letting me of gently by giving my deposit back, rather than just trying to deal with me in 2 months when I realize they are closed down.

Or maybe they know something that we dont about the Camaro? Either way I left that day feeling wierd. But I'm not worried, or should I be?
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The Camaro is not being delayed at all. This is ridiculous speculation, and your dealer is an idiot. The salesperson is reckless to tell you that it might not be produced because that sort of feedback would cause most buyers to buy something else in the meantime.

GM has announced unspecific reduced production of all models and reduced shifts at the plant that produces the Camaro, but those shifts will be up to the week that the Camaro enters production. Those cuts do not include the day that the Camaro becomes a production car.

The Camaro will be produced. If you've been combing these boards for information, then you know all that you can about this car, questions regarding this car, and the state of affairs at General Motors. We are all worried about GM, but Bush's recent loan approval is cause to celebrate and hope for a bright future.

Expect the Camaro to be produced without a hitch.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
According to CamaroScotty in this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10823

it could mean that they might close down soon. If you could get it in writing that they keep your order with you getting the deposit back, that might not be suach a bad thing. Either way, its a win-win for you.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
I'd get my deposit back. I would not risk the dealer potentially going out of business.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #5
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Yeah, I'd probably get my deposit back and give it to a dealer that wants to work with you. There are plenty of dealers with allotment left and charging MSRP only....

Last edited by Tantalizer43; 12-23-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #6
IRONMAN/SS

Drives: 2000 Nissan Maxima
If I was head of GM I'd come out and just say that its going to come out as scheduled, because this will only cause potential customers who are uninformed to just buy something else.

Love @ 1st sight
IRONMAN/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
or if you have a contract with specific terms, such as MSRP or lower... then he might be trying to void your contract and start over so they can mark up the price this time. Just my thought.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
Listen to this crap I recieved from my dealer last Friday.

So I walked into the dealership asking about the little Paint cards for the Camaro. My dealer, who I've worked with over the past few months, told me to "have a seat".

He then left the office and I sat there, alone for about a good solid 10 minutes. He then came back, and handed me 2 of the color cards and said we needed to talk.

He then started to tell me that they are delaying the production of the Camaro, and that he is going to give me my deposit back, but I will still be 3rd on their list. I asked him why would he keep me on the list, even if they are refunding my deposit. He said that they do not really know when the Camaro is coming out, and didnt want to hold my money for a indefinite amount of time.

I asked him how does he know that the Camaro's production date i changed, and he told me that the plant was shutting down for a month starting in January.

I began to laugh and told him I'm fully aware of the plant shutting down for a month. I told him that the plant makes 4-5 different vehicles and the Camaro section of the plant isnt going to be shut down. He then told me that he has heard the enitre plant will shut down. Which started making me worry.
I told him to keep me deposit, and I told him that I would call him sometime in the first week of January.

Heres what I'm afraid on, and please give me some sort of moral boost.
What if he is trying to give me my deposit back because the dealership is closing down, and hes just trying to blow smoke. Or letting me of gently by giving my deposit back, rather than just trying to deal with me in 2 months when I realize they are closed down.

Or maybe they know something that we dont about the Camaro? Either way I left that day feeling wierd. But I'm not worried, or should I be?
fbodfather has already commented on this see below link and post to settle your worries.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...485#post215485

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CALM DOWN ..........

There are three "Oshawa" lines - - Line 1 and 2 -- plus a truck plant.

The Camaro line will close over the Holiday - but will not shut down like the Impala or Truck line -- we'll still be building a couple of Camaros each day as the assembly craftsmen (and women!) learn to build the cars so that you are completely satisfied with your purchase!

NOW - go wind yourselves back up and call these Imbecile Senators that want to put us out of business..........

Tell them that you DEMAND that they take a $1 salary until they learn to balance the budget.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------

Last edited by One Mean Chevy; 12-23-2008 at 01:23 AM.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #9
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Yep....I agree. It sounds like your dealership may be closing. Get your money back while you still can.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
I actual heard they are a little ahead of schedule for delivery.

Everyone is expecting March for "our" cars to start arriving, but I am hearing it is going to be in Feb.

Now this I like to hear. I still am not getting my hopes up. I am still planning for a march, at the earliest, delivery. I am ok with that. The garage won't be done until then any ways.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #11
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
if they could start up at 60 cars an hour at 14 hours a day = 840 times 5 days 4200 a week,,,, then if there is no problems you might get your car by July...
60 cars an hour wow! I dunno how your logic is but last I saw was 10,000 preorders....so thats like 3 weeks and they've made all of them by your math add 3 more for arrival thats mid march......so I dunno how you got july either...

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro

Last edited by XAnimal; 12-23-2008 at 08:45 AM.
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:38 AM   #12
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
if they could start up at 60 cars an hour at 14 hours a day = 840 times 5 days 4200 a week,,,, then if there is no problems you might get your car by July...

haha

thats a car rolling off every minute. That is a CRAZY takt time.

I wonder what the takt time is on the lines. I really dont see that as being public information.
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #13
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I'm still MORE THAN HAPPY to put an order in for ANYONE...We are NOT giving deposits back for mis-informed delays, nor is our dealership anywhere close to being "in trouble". We are currently near the top in our area for sales, and are slightly ahead or 2007.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #14
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
One of the Oshawa employees said that full production is 400-500 cars per shift/day (there's only one shift/day scheduled for camaro). At first they will be nowhere near that. Ramp up time to full speed is anyone's guess though. It all depends on how well it's going. I don't know what average is for previous cars but that could be a good indicator of what to expect.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote