Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 AM   #85
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well...there's no set price as of yet. But, Ed Peper has been quoted as saying the V8 would be hopefully a shade under 30K if not a couple dollars over.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #86
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well...there's no set price as of yet. But, Ed Peper has been quoted as saying the V8 would be hopefully a shade under 30K if not a couple dollars over.
And I would have to assume, looking at the G8, that it would be similarly well equipped.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #87
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
If you can get a very well equipped V8 full size sedan (auto ac, upgraded sound, and freaking everything but leather and sunroof standard) for under 30, then I don't think we'll have a problem getting a V8 Camaro for around 30 or less.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #88
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Could you imagine how MANY Camaros they would sell at 30K fully loaded??? I want a (I know this is going to sound off or bad to some of you) luxurious muscle car....a go fast car w/ all the goodies. If I can get that for 30K, I'm going to be a happy man....and so will hundreds of thousands of other guys (and gals!!).
Old 01-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #89
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Read the signature...

that is all
Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #90
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Yup I want a bit of luxury in mine too. Leather, auto AC, sunroof, and maybe the upgrade sound system. If the pricing for that follows closely to the price of a similarly equipped G8, I will be very happy.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #91
vegas2009

Drives: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Man 30K wouldnt be to bad for a loaded V8! I'm 23 and would be able to do that in about a year or so.
vegas2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #92
deluke

Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
I am guessing that the SS or Z28 will be offered as an option the second year of production. Just like they made anyone who wanted a Z06 wait till the second year to obtain the high end Corvette.

I believe that the SS will be offered the first year. ( 2009 )
deluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #93
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Could you imagine how MANY Camaros they would sell at 30K fully loaded??? I want a (I know this is going to sound off or bad to some of you) luxurious muscle car....a go fast car w/ all the goodies. If I can get that for 30K, I'm going to be a happy man....and so will hundreds of thousands of other guys (and gals!!).
If that happens, I'll never get one! Imagine the waiting list!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 AM   #94
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^Yeah...I know...But it will be at an affordable price for a lot of people and GM will be raking in the money. I'd REALLY hate the wait, but I'd eventually get mine.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #95
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Okay, had to share this. I saw my first booking ad online today for the 5th gen. And sure it's not a dealer I've heard about and they dn't seem that serious to start now already (haven't head of ANYONE else here doing that yet), but this is nuts. It's at 560 000 SEK, which when converted back into USD is about 88 500 USD. Even if you did convert it back compensating for import costs it's still at 56 000 USD and that's way too much!

Last edited by Emher; 01-11-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #96
makarovnik221

Drives: none
Some Economic Lessons

Lord, how I wish they taught basic economics in school! The first thing you geniuses need to realize is that there is no such thing as "Price Gouging." In a free enterprise economy, people pay what they feel something is worth. If people need gasoline and are willing to pay 5, 6 or 7 dollars a gallon, then that is what that commodity is worth to them. If I charged $10 a gallon for gas, and no one felt that it was worth it to them, no one would buy the gas and I'd have to lower my prices to a level that people thought was correct, or I wouldn't be in business very long. If someone wants to pay $25,000 more than MSRP, then that is his prerogative. That's why the $1500 my father paid in 1971 for a Toyota Corolla won't get me much today, because people have agreed to pay more over the years for their cars, because they feel the cars are worth it. Come on, people, learn some economics!
makarovnik221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #97
GSX
Falcon Punch

Drives: Scion tC (way too slow)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarovnik221 View Post
Lord, how I wish they taught basic economics in school! The first thing you geniuses need to realize is that there is no such thing as "Price Gouging." In a free enterprise economy, people pay what they feel something is worth. If people need gasoline and are willing to pay 5, 6 or 7 dollars a gallon, then that is what that commodity is worth to them. If I charged $10 a gallon for gas, and no one felt that it was worth it to them, no one would buy the gas and I'd have to lower my prices to a level that people thought was correct, or I wouldn't be in business very long. If someone wants to pay $25,000 more than MSRP, then that is his prerogative. That's why the $1500 my father paid in 1971 for a Toyota Corolla won't get me much today, because people have agreed to pay more over the years for their cars, because they feel the cars are worth it. Come on, people, learn some economics!
Also Supply and Demand plays a role as well.
GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #98
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by makarovnik221 View Post
I disagree with your statements.

I paid $3.09 for gas yesterday. Do I think the gas was worth $3.09? No, I don't. Do I think that I would lose my job if I was unable to drive to work? Yes, I do. Was paying $3.09 per gallon worth not losing my job? Yes, I believe it was.

I understand what you are saying about the Camaro, and it has been said before in the "How much are you willing to pay above MSRP?" thread. However, gas is not a frivolous commodity as some my consider the Camaro to be. The majority of the population in developed countries rely on gas to survive and make a living.

As the subject of this forum and thread is the Camaro, I will leave the gas discussion at that.

Princeton defines Price Gouging as "pricing above the market when no alternative retailer is available". This is exactly what this thread is referring to. Dealerships who recognize that the Camaro will be in short demand and prospective buyers will have few choices as to where to buy their car may decide to raise their prices above what Chevrolet has already set the price at. It is within their power to do so, and it is in means illegal or even immoral to do this.

"In a free enterprise economy, people pay what they feel something is worth."

However, the purpose of this thread is to discuss those dealers who choose to sell their vehicles at an unpopular price. Those of us who do not feel owning the Camaro right away is worth the prices that these dealers are demanding will wait until the price gouging is over and the prices settle down to what we deem reasonable. Or, if we're lucky, we may have a dealership close by who has some Camaros in stock and is asking a price that we do feel the Camaro is worth. In that case, our business will go to the dealer who we do not feel is gouging us.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote