Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #57
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
GM still retains ownership as they are just "loaned" to the track. They get sold to dealers as used cars (like demos). I can't remember exactly when I was shopping for mine - but I think the invoice on the used festival cars was like $1500 less than a brand new one.

But the mileage and wear can vary quite a bit.. When I was shopping for my 2010 (in 2011) the only Festival Cars left I found had close to 5k miles and many looked like "beaten down rental cars" lol. That was why I just chose to by mine as showroom new with 21 miles on it..
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #58
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Just out of curiosity, are the cars used to shuttle the VIP's and other track use sold as New cars or Used cars? And are they sold by the track or a local Chevy dealer?
I purchased my 2011 Festival car in June of 2011 it had 3,200 miles on it. It was sold as a new car with the original Certificate of Orgin from GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Indy Pace View Post
GM still retains ownership as they are just "loaned" to the track. They get sold to dealers as used cars (like demos). I can't remember exactly when I was shopping for mine - but I think the invoice on the used festival cars was like $1500 less than a brand new one.

But the mileage and wear can vary quite a bit.. When I was shopping for my 2010 (in 2011) the only Festival Cars left I found had close to 5k miles and many looked like "beaten down rental cars" lol. That was why I just chose to by mine as showroom new with 21 miles on it..
I found this to be exactly the opposite. All of the festival cars are driven by the Indy 500 chairmen who are all professionals and they treat the cars great, yeah some might have a few bumps and bruises. Mine though was in great shape.

Many things to consider here... The festival cars usually are duplicates of the Pace Car. So it could be a ZL1 but, it would have to be a coupe as I don't think they could get the ZL1 vert yet. I would think that GM would like to go retro with the next Camaro Pace Car like for the upcoming 100th running of the Indy 500. GM did release a special version of the Vette this year as this is the last year of this generation corvette. My guess is that it will be a corvette this year... Using the Camaro Vert as the festival car then makes sense since it would be easier to sell them due to the pricing. Corvette festival cars would be 90+ K.
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #59
Blue Bandit
blue bandit

Drives: 2018 2SS
Not a big white fan, But those look great with the ABM stripe. I'd take one in a heart beat
Blue Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #60
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
National Corvette Museum is announcing and unveiling the 25th Anniversary Callaway Corvette April 23rd. Being Chevrolet's 100 Anniversary.. it would be fitting to see the Awesome Callaway Pace the Indy 500 with a Corvette Race Team member driving her.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #61
Cdn Camaroman

Drives: 4 Camaros
maaaaaaaaaann...stripes on bumpers again?

no one at GM noticed the stripes looked bad the 1st time...again on bumpers...:(
1996 Z28 SS # 004
Cdn Camaroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #62
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Badass.....biased to that JSBM of course.

Coupes even lookin good!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #63
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
Many things to consider here... The festival cars usually are duplicates of the Pace Car. So it could be a ZL1 but, it would have to be a coupe as I don't think they could get the ZL1 vert yet. I would think that GM would like to go retro with the next Camaro Pace Car like for the upcoming 100th running of the Indy 500. GM did release a special version of the Vette this year as this is the last year of this generation corvette. My guess is that it will be a corvette this year... Using the Camaro Vert as the festival car then makes sense since it would be easier to sell them due to the pricing. Corvette festival cars would be 90+ K.
Name:  427.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  129.8 KB

the 427 is very cool..

but....
another Camaro would be
Awesome!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #64
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I honestly think (okay wish) what becky just posted is the pace car.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #65
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I honestly think (okay wish) what becky just posted is the pace car.
Totally makes sense when you see the festival Camaros...

I still say it needs to be a ZL1... but could you imagine all the crying from everyone who didn't get a 2012...
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #66
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
A.K.A. Cunningham (The originator copied by Carroll Shelby) or American Racing stripes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_stripe
True, Cunningham used them first, but the colours white and blue were assigned. They did originate the double stripe though as most international teams assigned the second colour went with a single stripe.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #67
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
I purchased my 2011 Festival car in June of 2011 it had 3,200 miles on it. It was sold as a new car with the original Certificate of Orgin from GM.

I found this to be exactly the opposite. All of the festival cars are driven by the Indy 500 chairmen who are all professionals and they treat the cars great, yeah some might have a few bumps and bruises. Mine though was in great shape.
Well you bought yours pretty quickly after the race so you probably had some nice ones to choose from. 9 months after the race and the pickings are a bit slimmer .. I have seen professionals treat cars like crap as well. I once saw a guy who owned a vintage Ferrari using windex & paper towels on the outside (I about cried). I have also seen these Festival Cars parked in places around town that I would never park my car (including Wal-Mart between 2 beat up minivans!). They may not intentionally trash the cars, but they probably do not have the same level of OCD like many of us do..

At the time I was researching mine I found out from several sources that the Festival Cars (being used) carry a lower invoice to the dealer. The dealer may sell it as "new", but there is more room for negotiation in there..
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #68
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Yeah there are 54 cars, 33 get assigned to the 33 500 Festival BODs, the rest are "track" or "Speedway" cars which some go to the George Family members and Speedway execs. A small number of cars are used as promotional tools and will be cycled around and loaned to various radio and TV people for a day or two. I'd imagine the press rotation cars may get some hard miles on them.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #69
jklipan

Drives: Druid 2SS/RS LS3 Summit White
There really is something about the white Camaro. The lines somehow stand out a little more pronounced. Nice color configuration. I like the blue stripes. Bowtie on the hood doesn't look too bad either. Have to get used to it.

Wonder what these will be going for after the race. Lots I'm sure.
jklipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #70
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jklipan View Post
There really is something about the white Camaro. The lines somehow stand out a little more pronounced. Nice color configuration. I like the blue stripes. Bowtie on the hood doesn't look too bad either. Have to get used to it.

Wonder what these will be going for after the race. Lots I'm sure.
Actually, from what I'm reading in this thread. They go for a little less than MSRP because they would actually be used/demo cars.