Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #15
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Why is allocation so complicated that it can not be explained on a thread?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Because there are numerous state laws, as well as logistics constraints, as well as politcs (not sure but everything in life has it).

Every state has its own dealership laws that affects allocations.

Shipping cars aint cheap so you have to optimize it.

Politics...nough said. I think this happens mostly at the dealers. But idk for sure.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Because the Video was for dealership useage only.

Ask yourself this: Why would ONLY ONE DEALER make a 'copy' of the IDL and then post it to sites?

Allocation is a VERY complicated subject -- and it's not something that you can explain on a thread..............

Suffice to say that there are LAWS about allocation.............

(ask some of the guys from Honda that went to jail a few years back....)
im pretty sure lescota said he had to bribe people to get cars.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #18
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Look -- trust me - it can't be -- it involves laws in 50 states - but rest assured that EVERY manufacturer MUST have an allocation plan in place for every vehicle line ....and it MUST be defenseable in a court of law.

I don't think I'm going to convince you -- so all I can say is: We want you as a customer and we want to KEEP you as a customer --

I did not get to where I am today by lying to people...........

With that said -- I rest my case, sir.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Look -- I can't "make" you believe what I'm telling you......

I can only tell you that I've been coming to Camaro sites since 1998 --and I've been visiting Camaro shows and meeting with Camaro enthusiasts 'one-on-one' ....since the early 90s and I've made it a policy to tell it straight....because, you see -- when you don't tell it straight, you lose all credibility................

I can tell you that a 'certain Chevy Dealer" is -- perhaps unintentionally -- misleading a lot of people.........

I'm sorry if you don't want to believe me...........but that's the way it is.
Thanks for setting things straight....I have a question about something else from the IDL.

The door sils that are standard on the v8 now....I'm assume these are the "Cheverolet" logo on the bottom of the door, well we've seen then on a few v6s are they now part of the 2LT or RS package for the v6? Or will I have to order them seperate?

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
Old 01-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
Cleric

Quote:
Just by not getting caught lying

Just kidding
(after this morning's fiasco I do not want to spread anything)
Old 01-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #21
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Agents of GM (mainly fbod) have said that comprising quality is unacceptable. That is why there was a delay they want to ensure a good car.
Mmhmm.

At a time like this, GM needs every single car that comes off the production line to be of the HIGHEST quality. For too long, GM's had a bad rep when it came to quality, regardless of the millions of satisfied customers who have trouble-free GM vehicles. Today, I read an article that said that 75% of new car buyers are now interested in buying an American car. With that many people looking to buy cars from GM, I think a month is a fine price to pay for the highest quality possible. People are going to be looking over every detail of the car.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #22
Cleric

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Mmhmm.

At a time like this, GM needs every single car that comes off the production line to be of the HIGHEST quality. For too long, GM's had a bad rep when it came to quality, regardless of the millions of satisfied customers who have trouble-free GM vehicles. Today, I read an article that said that 75% of new car buyers are now interested in buying an American car. With that many people looking to buy cars from GM, I think a month is a fine price to pay for the highest quality possible. People are going to be looking over every detail of the car.
every manufacturing company in every industry needs to be concerned with quality!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #23
Cleric

Quote:

I don't think I'm going to convince you -- so all I can say is: We want you as a customer and we want to KEEP you as a customer --

With that said -- I rest my case, sir.
I would also like to point out that no one I know has every talked to someone so high up inthe company that made there car. I would reference your title but cant remeber your new one :(.

I usually lurk on a few different car forums just because I am very interested in them and never have I seen someone from those companies as involved as Fbod has been.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #24
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
I would also like to point out that no one I know has every talked to someone so high up inthe company that made there car. I would reference your title but cant remeber your new one :(.

I usually lurk on a few different car forums just because I am very interested in them and never have I seen someone from those companies as involved as Fbod has been.
2nd that
Old 01-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #25
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
From what I have gleaned of the allocation process, seems the ordering customer falls somewhere below GM's needs; and then the dealer.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #26
Cleric

Quote:
From what I have gleaned of the allocation process, seems the ordering customer falls somewhere below GM's needs; and then the dealer.
maybe its too early in the morning for me but i do not understand what you are saying.

Customers are important to every business.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Stevo, you would be wrong. It's now time to agree to disagree. You might want to consider the possiblity that GM is protecting you the consumer by not giving dealers their allocations early so they can't mark up the cars and have to sell them at MSRP or better... I don't pretend to understand the system any better than you. But, I'd give anyone in Scotts position some credibility until he leads us astray. Which he has yet to do.

FWIW.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #28
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Here is the order:

1. Federal Law
2. State Law
3. The Customer (and the Customer should really be number 1 - but we can't control that.......)
4. The Dealer
5. (a distant last) GM (or Ford or Chrysler or Honda or whomever...)

Closed Thread