The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Museum delivery backlog?

Is there any information on how many cars are scheduled for Museum Delivery and thru what date they are scheduled? The last I read, they schedule 8 cars a day. So if, for example, 240 cars are built now for museum deliver, that's 6 weeks. However, the museum said they won't be delivering them in sequence at this time because the cars are not organized in the factory lot that way.

My car is not built but should be in 1-2 weeks and I was curious if that means a late October or November museum delivery.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
I considered Museum Delivery, and decided not to because of the 8 per day deliveries. In normal mid-model production this is not a problem with the average number of customer ordered cars choosing this delivery. In preproduction cars every car is a customer ordered car, and many choose Museum Delivery. As you pointed out, this will hold up delivery for many cars for weeks.

It's one thing to be 30th. In line at your dealer to order a car, it's a whole other thing being 270th. In line for the delivery of that car!
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
rocket68

Drives: GMC Acadia Denali
Saw In Person

Saw a lot of vehicles still under covers and others in line waiting to be delivered last Friday, Sept. 27 at the Museum. Wished I had taken photo so I could have counted now.
rocket68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
I feel for you New C7, and others that ordered this option at this time. I could not stand to wait as long as it would take to get through the cars that would be ahead of mine. I suspect this could be a problem for the museum as well. Where will they store all of the cars that are backing up to be delivered?

If I were waiting I would be fine with them saying 3 tours a day for groups of 12 buyers that drive off from the front building area out side. This as an option would clear things up fast. I'm sure many buyers would opt for a less personal delivery to just have it already.
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote