The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #29
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
CF is a little nuts. Great knowledge base and experience but it's deteriorated into a monkey fight in the C7 section. So I hope this forum will continue growth especially in a couple of months when actual production cars get delivered to real owners.
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #30
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
CF is a little nuts. Great knowledge base and experience but it's deteriorated into a monkey fight in the C7 section. So I hope this forum will continue growth especially in a couple of months when actual production cars get delivered to real owners.
Got check that out ..
Don't know why people feel they have to tell people that like it how ugly it is & how horrible it is.. like they think they trying to save them from a bad purchase
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Because their Corvettes are old news now. That's reason enough for a lot of people to hate whatever new generation debuts.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because their Corvettes are old news now. That's reason enough for a lot of people to hate whatever new generation debuts.
no round tail lights, it doesn't have AWD, there's no DCT, my prune juice has a bug in it .........you'll see it all. Fortunately, the C7 fans are winning out over the haters I think. Bottom line is Chevy has put together an awesome car. So if the old farts who are mad because they bought a GS for $13,000 off MSRP want to hate on something new? Well, so be it. Just not here please
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
WesC5

Drives: 2004 Silver Corvette Coupe
I have been a member of CF since 2001. When it first began it was a tremendously informational site (it still is) and a very helpful one to "anyone" who had a question. It was an exceptional site for those who had not owned a vette before, or who weren't "gear-heads" but still loved the Corvette.

Over the many years I've watched a transformation of the site. In my opinion (and only mine), in the past 3-4 years it has eroded from an outstanding Corvette site and a very friendly, open, respectful site; to one where people are chastised, verbally attacked and ridiculed for maybe not being as "knowledgeable" as some members feel they should be.

I still visit the site because of the knowledge and what appears to be (at times), some very good insider info. Unfortunately, like others have mentioned here, the site has become caustic at times, and condescending to visitors (and even members). Don't get me wrong, it still is a very good site and there are still some great people on the CF site....that's why I continue to visit, but finding this site has been a breath of fresh air. My hope is this site continues to grow and remains as friendly, informational and fun as I've experienced. We all started as car-aholic "newbies" at some point in our life....everyone starts somewhere. The only way a person can learn is through their own research, trial & error and by learning from those who have already "been there---done that". It isn't a "dumb" question if the person asking it, really doesn't know.

P.S. I'm one of those "old farts"....and I love the new C7! And there will be one in my garage this time next year! Of course, there isn't a corvette I've ever met that I didn't like..
WesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
markei

Drives: 2014 Z51 NRB
"My hope is this site continues to grow and remains as friendly, informational and fun as I've experienced. We all started as car-aholic "newbies" at some point in our life....everyone starts somewhere. The only way a person can learn is through their own research, trial & error and by learning from those who have already "been there---done that". It isn't a "dumb" question if the person asking it, really doesn't know."

I agree!
markei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #36
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by markei View Post
"My hope is this site continues to grow and remains as friendly, informational and fun as I've experienced. We all started as car-aholic "newbies" at some point in our life....everyone starts somewhere. The only way a person can learn is through their own research, trial & error and by learning from those who have already "been there---done that". It isn't a "dumb" question if the person asking it, really doesn't know."

I agree!
i hope everyone stays nice and friendly.,.
i hate when u get douches (for lack of a better word) that comment nasty remark saying search been talked about a million times.. blah blah blah..
1) if u got time to type that and been talked about so much then u know the answer.. u can just answer the person
2) like searching for 3 year old thread is easy to find.. when forum around for awhile u search and a million threads havent nothing to do with what u search for lol

Also when I give stupid remarks Im just messing with u guys.. busting chops dont take serious
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 08-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #37
New_Car
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette Z06
E-fights on every forum. It will happen here too.
New_Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #38
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Car View Post
E-fights on every forum. It will happen here too.
E-Thugs run this bitch..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #39
SCM_Crash

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Wagner View Post
I've been really anxious to hear more about the C7 so I decided to explore the internet and try out another forum. After spending about a week over at corvetteforums .com I found out just how pathetic that website is. Here is why...

1. There Are Adds EVERYWHERE
They place adds on the sides, top, bottom and even ones that pop out at you. They even place adds in people's signatures

2. The Fighting
I'm also a member of camaro5.com and therealtechn9ne.com so I understand that there will always be some fighting on forums. But this one just takes it to another level. Almost every thread has people fighting in it. Some threads are actually started just to try to start a fight.

I think a big reason for this is because the site has a section for owners of older corvettes who make their way over to the C7 section just to complain about anything they can find.

3. You Have To Pay
In order to have the same simple features that we enjoy on corvette7, you have to pay a membership fee for on this site. If you want to be a member for life and only pay them once, it costs you $250!!!

4. Terrible Organization
For the C7, they only have one section to post under called "general discussion". Unlike Corvette7, they don't have a section to post about photos, ordering, engines etc.

Having tried out this other site, it really makes me appreciate corvette7.com so much more. Long live corvette7!!
HAHA! I hear ya. I've been a member of CorvetteForum for a long time. You don't actually have to pay that much, btw. I paid $100 to support the forum. I sometimes wish I hadn't. The mods there really don't seem to care about those that support the forum. Just the vendors, and at that point, you lose some of your freedom of speech. You can't talk bad about paid vendors no matter what.

The C5 section (where I started with them) doesn't have a lot of fighting. In fact, it's mostly just people there to help each other or show off their rides and accomplishments. That's what made CF my home on the internet for 4 years. When the C7 section started, I slowly started seeing what you're seeing. It's a lot of fighting and bickering over dumb things. And a lot of it is stirred up by trolls.

I put trolls on ignore, but some of these guys are too proud to do it and keep feeding them.

The C7 section isn't really organized yet. I'm a little surprised by that, actually. I would expect that they would have setup the other sections by now. All the other generations have more than just the general chat section. But then again, I'm pretty sure "Internet Brands" doesn't really care about the forums and organization as much as collecting those vendor and sponsor checks.
SCM_Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #40
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM_Crash View Post
I put trolls on ignore, but some of these guys are too proud to do it and keep feeding them.
Yeah... that might be me sometimes I gotta get better at that
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #41
SCM_Crash

Drives: 2014 Z51 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Yeah... that might be me sometimes I gotta get better at that
LOL! At least you found your way here. I found this forum just the other day reading a blog. Wish I'd known sooner.
2002 Corvette Z06
2003 Corvette Z06

2014 Corvette Z51
SCM_Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #42
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Hopefully more people stumble upon this site like you have!