The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Brick Man

Drives: Silver Swede
Magnetic Select Ride Option (Opinions)

I was wondering if anybody knew if ordering the Magnetic Select Ride is worthwhile, if you don't plan on doing extensive time at the track.

It's an extra $1,795 + tax, plus in the future, this will probably be much more expensive to replace than the standard Bilstein shocks.

Thanks for your feedback.

P.S. I saw the video from the Museum Bash regarding this option, but still couldn't figure out if it is a huge improvement over the standard shocks, for everyday driving.
Brick Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
It adds greater comfort too when needed, not just the extra stiffness for the track. But I agree, to save on initial cost and long-term maintenance unless you will track it more often than not then it's just another extra (but great) performance-related option... I'ved driven C6's with and w/o MagRide and while one is is more versatile it doesn't significantly deduce the other... so it's really up to you the buyer and your intentions. Granted the C7's Mag option is more advanced, it is very tempting...
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
It is a great suspension option if you want something that will perform extremely well in all conditions and have no interest in modifying. For customers buying the C7 as a grand tourer it is a no brainer. If you are planning on building a street or track performance machine then you might want to pass and apply those funds to an aftermarket suspension upgrade.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote