The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLT1 View Post
Wow, awesome car collection man. I remember that saturn sky, I almost see none of them now, but I do see the occasional solstice.

Too bad about the camaro, but your right you only live once, and you corrected and made a great choice in the end!

Are you planning on getting on a list for the stingray?
I sold my First Sky to get a automatic, then sold it to get the first Camaro. I traded with Becky Doyle to get my second and possibly last new car...
Unfortunately my financial situation will keep me from getting one but bet your bottom dollar I will enter any contest that they are giving one away.... Of course if some kind person wanted to buy me one I would be eternally grateful..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm sold on the Stingray... Not sure if I'll get on a list right away but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

Will be great following the news here..

This. Definitely.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
I'm 4th on the list at my dealer for the C7 and 1st for the 6th Gen Camaro.
They told me that GM was limiting the Corvette dealer network and only a select few dealerships would be allowed to sell Corvette's. They sold what they needed to sell to become part of the network but they weren't sure how many C7's they would be allocated.

They always treat me great. I got their 3rd allocation for the 2010 5th Gen and their 2nd allocation for the ZL1 but after talking to the sales manager he didn't think they would be allocated 4 - C7's this year.
But if I get an opportunity to order one I definitely will :rockon:
fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
So if demand is unexpectedly quite high (meaning peeps w/ money down ready to deal) and if you walk in this Q3 and wanted to place an order to have one built according to your liking... chances are you won't see it until sometime in 2014 calendar year... maybe even mid-2014.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #19
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
So if demand is unexpectedly quite high (meaning peeps w/ money down ready to deal) and if you walk in this Q3 and wanted to place an order to have one built according to your liking... chances are you won't see it until sometime in 2014 calendar year... maybe even mid-2014.
Now I'm depressed:sad:
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #20
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Quote:

With a limited Corvette dealer network and if the demand is high (which I'm sure it will be) I'd say you're probably correct with that assumption.

My past experience has been to get on a waiting list and play the waiting game. There may be a dealer or two that does not have a waiting list and there may be a couple that may move you to the head of the line for big $$$ over MSRP but most will not.
fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Now I'm depressed:sad:
Perseverance through the agony... :(

Don't despair... one day, hopefully, we'll be C7 owners!

My personal experience: I waited it out on my '12 Boss (until before the '13s were being produced/delivered) and by doing so I was able to get nearly 4K off MSRP. Dealers were routinely selling them for sticker or above. Granted this is a limited production specialty version... it's still stupid to fork out $$$$ over MSRP on any car unless you $hit gold bricks.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #22
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Perseverance through the agony... :(

Don't despair... one day, hopefully, we'll be C7 owners!

My personal experience: I waited it out on my '12 Boss (until before the '13s were being produced/delivered) and by doing so I was able to get nearly 4K off MSRP. Dealers were routinely selling them for sticker or above. Granted this is a limited production specialty version... it's still stupid to fork out $$$$ over MSRP on any car unless you $hit gold bricks.
Agreed, although I think that Boss 302 is going to be worth something in the future, at least depreciation will be absolutely minimal.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
That would be an accurate assumption.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Did they take your money yet?