The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

View Poll Results: Male or Female?
Male 65 94.20%
Female 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #29
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The stats look to be about the same as my classes. The term we coined for it was 'unfavourable ratio'. In my engineering classes its a tick over 10:1 (3 women in a class of 32). Oddly enough I thought it would be worse!

As far as the Camaro being a guys car or not, I would rather see GM and the other makers orient some of their cars to one side or the other than appeal to everyone. Attempting to please everyone results in a car that people will eventually settle for but few will be drawn to. As for what seperates 'guys cars' from 'chick cars' (no offence meant), well im not very sure. Men seem to want something that is capable of doing more than just going from point A to point B. Women tend to want cars that make that journey as easy as possible. I don't know, its hard to generalize these things because of all the exceptions out there. And this is getting a bit off topic anyway
I would add that women are more drawn to comfort, function, and features that contribute to function. For example, a GPS system would be nice in case she got lost. Guys prefer raw speed and power with loud noises and showoff features. For example, huge rims, racing stripes, and a buttload of horsepower don't hurt.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Wow! I'm suprised to see this thread come back! I know we've had a few ladies sign up since this was posted. Post up and let us know your here. This is a Camaro that's supposed to be appealing to both male/female. I was just curious to see what kind of ratio we had going.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #31
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
I think this poll will only reflect people willing to show up online and vote in a car-enthusiast website... that's pretty much guys only.

That being said, the Camaro has ALWAYS been a guys car (as well as the Corvette, Lambo's, Ferraris, performance-car-of-choice, etc). Cars that comprimise convienience for power/speed are always guys cars because most women think down that road and feel that they aren't ever going to go that fast, so why give up heated seats for higher lateral G's.

I think the covertible V6 is going to be the chics Camaro. Lots of style, decent practicality, good looks, and good price. The Camaro SS on the other hand will be 99.99% guys...

I've given up on women as car enthusiasts, now I'd just settle for those that can check their own oil and tire pressure!

~LSx
Old 12-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #32
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
I think this poll will only reflect people willing to show up online and vote in a car-enthusiast website... that's pretty much guys only.

That being said, the Camaro has ALWAYS been a guys car (as well as the Corvette, Lambo's, Ferraris, performance-car-of-choice, etc). Cars that comprimise convienience for power/speed are always guys cars because most women think down that road and feel that they aren't ever going to go that fast, so why give up heated seats for higher lateral G's.

I think the covertible V6 is going to be the chics Camaro. Lots of style, decent practicality, good looks, and good price. The Camaro SS on the other hand will be 99.99% guys...

I've given up on women as car enthusiasts, now I'd just settle for those that can check their own oil and tire pressure!

~LSx
I'm offended!!!

hehe just kiddin'! I want a car that puts out big numbers, sounds good, and looks even better!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #33
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Well another male here, but good to see we're at least up to 4 ladies here.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #34
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I'm offended!!

hehe just kiddin'! I want a car that puts out big numbers, sounds good, and looks even better!
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against women as enthusiasts! But for me, its like seeing a White Rhino or rare-big-cat... I'd love to meet one, but I doubt I ever will. They are few and far between, and they are good and remaining hidden!

~LSx
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #35
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against women as enthusiasts! But for me, its like seeing a White Rhino or rare-big-cat... I'd love to meet one, but I doubt I ever will. They are few and far between, and they are good and remaining hidden!

~LSx
I kind of feel the same way in my hometown as far as Camaros and Mustangs go... Most of the people around here are Mustang fanatics. I just can't bring myself to do it. If I said that I liked a Ford (even if it was true), my papaw would disown me! In this family, we are diehard GM people. But everybody here is all about Mustangs and I'm like "Camaro Camaro Camaro!!! "