Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Door dingers

I just had something put their door into my car. Thank god for me waxing it to prevent any paint damage.

Anyways, this is the second time I've had someone hit my door while I've been inside the car. It just makes me wonder how many people do it when I'm not in the car. Like what the ****? At least respect your property enough not to mess mine up.
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
They are careless because in their mind there is no hazard. There is nothing to be cautious about. "It's just a car" in their minds. They have NO reaction when it happens because "nothing negative happened" in their minds. Those folks are clueless. Granted accidents potentially can happen, particularly in tighter confines, however, there is no excuse for slinging doors open into cars, which is what some of these dummies do, even with plenty of space.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
That's exactly why I park far away and take multiple spots, or find somewhere else to park. No door dings in years with 2 ss Camaros........
Old 09-26-2015, 11:50 AM   #4
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
i park taking up 2 spaces
i always park well away from other cars...
if i cant park my baby how i want to i just dont stop there...
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
$inferno
Trust No One

Drives: 94 Camaro Z28 & 2010 Camaro 1LT IOM
I have had people still park in the spot when I took up 2 parking spots. One guy, I waited for and asked him that if he just had to park where he would have to hit my car? He looked at me like he had no idea what he had done. So I stood where he could not open his door to get in. He crawled thru the truck to get to the drivers seat. I have always parked as far away as I can and people still have to park right beside us. It never fails.

2010 Camaro 1LT V6/A6
94 Camaro Z28 A4
$inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
I just had something put their door into my car. Thank god for me waxing it to prevent any paint damage.

Anyways, this is the second time I've had someone hit my door while I've been inside the car. It just makes me wonder how many people do it when I'm not in the car. Like what the ****? At least respect your property enough not to mess mine up.
If your in your car or see them doing it, you can collect any damages from their
liability ins co. A lady (of course) opened her car door into the 1/4 panel
mldg on my '63 Chevy BelAir several years ago. It cost her Company $300.00.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
That's exactly why I park far away and take multiple spots, or find somewhere else to park. No door dings in years with 2 ss Camaros........
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
i park taking up 2 spaces
i always park well away from other cars...
if i cant park my baby how i want to i just dont stop there...
When I first bought my Camaro I use to,,then other members on here said your a douche for doing it and are inviting someone to key your car . I agreed and still park far away using only 1 spot , taking 2 spots no matter how far away you are from everyone else will piss off some tool and invite vandalism.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #8
Soybeanrice

I never try two spaces at once cause I figure people think they're doing justice by messing with your car. Its just ridiculous cause people don't think youre serious when you ask for compensation. Idk.. I always park far away. Sometimes to nap during my lunch and people still park next to me.

I don't understand the people who think cars are "just a car". I mean, yeah, its a bucket of bolts and metal put together, but your life is in it's hands when you're going 30+ lol...
Old 09-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Taking up two parking spaces is a recipe for vandalism.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
Soybeanrice

I just got home from installing lowering springs and i saw that there actually was paint transfer. This dudes black car ended up transferring onto the bottom crease zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I'm gonna try to wash it off and then hit it with polishing compound. Hopefully I dont need to go further because then I'll need help
Old 09-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #11
Michael Knight

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
This is why I also park far far away from everyone else! If I'm not going to be long and my car is still in view I take up two spaces. Otherwise if it's a small parking lot I'll park within an inch of the curb/island etc, so if I'm all the way to that end I'm giving everyone plenty of room to park in the one parking spot next to me. I also prefer parallel spots.
Michael Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #12
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Isn't this why lord gave us weapons such as the the 45 cal and AR-15?
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:54 PM   #13
Soybeanrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Isn't this why lord gave us weapons such as the the 45 cal and AR-15?
It was a retired person... So I got a bunch of mixed emotions stirred up during the confrontation. Cause like, we made eye contact before he did it. He was pulling into the parking space and we made eye contact. And then he did it... thats what blows my mind. I'll post a pic tomorrow of it cause I need to fix it. Dings are okay, I GUESS. Paint transfer is unacceptable though.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #14
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
It was a retired person... So I got a bunch of mixed emotions stirred up during the confrontation. Cause like, we made eye contact before he did it. He was pulling into the parking space and we made eye contact. And then he did it... thats what blows my mind. I'll post a pic tomorrow of it cause I need to fix it. Dings are okay, I GUESS. Paint transfer is unacceptable though.
Seems you handled it pretty well.. While I'm normally a pretty mellow person this would have been a quick fuse for me.. I mean, he even knew you were there and did it out of what seems like just plain disrespect ..

I give you A+ for stress control and a long healthy life .. I guess in the end it can and will be like it never happened.
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote