The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheCamaroGuy View Post
I would say that the new Civic has at least five awards and most likely more to come...
This is true.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #16
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Honda's aren't an Import - they are made in Ohio!
Not all Hondas are made in Ohio! What he most likely means by import is because Honda is based in Japan. The next Civic hatchback is said to be made in the UK and brought over here, and the Civic sedan is going to be sold worldwide, meaning it is assembled in Japan. The next coupe will be made here because it is primarily for the US market.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheCamaroGuy View Post
Not all Hondas are made in Ohio! What he most likely means by import is because Honda is based in Japan. The next Civic hatchback is said to be made in the UK and brought over here, and the Civic sedan is going to be sold worldwide, meaning it is assembled in Japan. The next coupe will be made here because it is primarily for the US market.
Are you talking about the type R and what sedan are you talking about?
Old 02-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #18
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Ricers aren't just imports, there are actually a CRAP ton of DOMESTIC vehicles like mopar, camaros, mustangs and even vettes that are ricers. Rice = RACING INSPIRED COSMETIC ENHANCEMENT.
True, by definition. But Ricers really became slang for the Japanese cars with Fart Cans, Stanced Wheels, etc.

I DD a Honda and I get it, I just don't get Butt-Hurt over it
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
R = Racing, well that makes more sense. I thought R= Retarded.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #20
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Guys, Guys.

Civics are made in Alliston, Ontario and Greensburg, Indiana.
2DR coming soon........including the SI.

Euro spec Hatch made in UK...does not mean it will come here.....
Civic sedans are not made in Japan, Honda has plants worldwide. They are not gonna ship millions of cars from one tiny island. LOL

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #21
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Guys, Guys.

Civic sedans are not made in Japan, Honda has plants worldwide. They are not gonna ship millions of cars from one tiny island. LOL
+1

My moms '12 civic coupe was made in Canada. Then they changed the civic a couple more times after the '12 revision. Didn't know they made them in Indiana lol. Sister just picked up a '16 and it's a nice car for what it is.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:35 AM   #22
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Guys, Guys.

Okay.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:34 PM   #23
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Car of the Year awards -be it Motortrend, North American COTY, Canadian COTY or any other that I can think of, do not look at reliability (and I lump recalls into reliability) as a criteria. One of the main reasons is because they test the cars for maybe a couple of days weeks to months before the awards are given out. That, usually, isn't enough time for something to go wrong on a car.

But even then ... so what if a car gets recalled? Take it to a dealer or authorized independent shop, they fix it for free. Its an annoyance, but nothing more. Plus in many instances when a car gets recalled there isn't necessarily anything wrong with every individual car sold. Its some cars from a particular batch with some sort of defect that wasn't quite caught in time. But all the cars that might be affected have to get checked out.

Furthermore, I would rather see more recalls than less. Because it is impossible to make every single part on every single assembly in every single car perfect. You can get very, very close (and every manufacturer is close to perfect in that regard). But there will always be a few parts that don't get installed properly, or made with some unknown defect, or the engineering team neglected to address some circumstance, or whatever else is behind the recall. So, given that mistakes (in one form or another will always happen) I would rather see automakers recall than not -because if they don't, I'm the one that has to pay to get their mistake fixed.

No, because Kitchener Ontario Canada is in the same country as Oshawa Ontario Canada. Infact, they're less than 2 hours away from each other on the same highway.

They also have a plant in Ontario, an hour or so north of Toronto.

But at any rate, no car made in North America is officially classed as an import within the NAFTA free trade zone. Public perception on the other hand does not follow the same rules.
Your right about the recalls.....better to get things fixed under warranty.And most recalls are created by one of the many many suppliers that deliver parts to various plants. The IQS survey imo is a joke....real quality comes to the forefront 2 ..3 or 4 years down the road. Alot of vehicles feel the same driving around town....but take those same vehicles down the highway at 60 or 70 mph . Thats where you can tell the difffernence in build quality...you can feel it and hear it.