The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray vs...

Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
1CleanC7

C7 vs Jaguar F-Type

Discuss.

The Corvette outperforms the F-type V8 S without a doubt but the Jag looks very good.
1CleanC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I have not seen the new Jag on the street but in the ads it looks both good and as a good choice for a GT cruiser. Living where I do, I from time to time get to see early versions of future car models (read captured test fleet) and the Stingray on the street just looks fierce. Mean and fierce. In other words, it looks like a sports car. Is there a difference between a GT cruiser and a sports car. Only you can answer that question.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I honestly do not think the Jaguar comes anywhere close to looking as good as the C7. Not to mention the fact that it's WAY slower. The base model only has a 340HP V6 and even the top model (F-TYPE V8 S) is still slower even though it has a V8 with more horsepower. The only thing it matches the C7 on is the interior. I wouldn't even consider buying the base model for $69,000 or the top model for $92,000.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CleanC7 View Post
Discuss.

The Corvette outperforms the F-type V8 S without a doubt but the Jag looks very good.
Certainly different design vocabulary as they say. The C7 is sharp and modern, a hardcore looking speed demon. the Jag is softer and "classy" as some might call that smooth look. Honestly marketing to a different clientele. The Jag is for a guy who doesn't mind paying more, so he can drive his Jaguar around. He probably wouldn't get a Chevy no matter how good it looks or the value it represents. Dumb? Yes. But people do it....

EDIT: Also, people are spending more money for a different experience. Jaguar dealers are more upscale, the sales staff different than people who sell mostly cruzes and equinoxs, and as many many corvette owners attest, Chevrolet service is very hit or miss as far as professionalism, and its certainly not the level you'd expect when spending 60+ thousand on a performance vehicle.

Last edited by Hancock; 07-29-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
I like the new c7 looks way better than a jaguar.
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
elegant

Drives: 2006 Z06 Corvette
I love the C7 and will order one shortly. Did not like the F Jaquar until I saw it in person. It rocks in person. Think of it like the fact that one-third of current Corvette owners do not like the looks of the C7 when they have only seen it in pictures and videos, but that number drops to only one in eight not liking the C7 once they have stood next to it.

Again, the C7 is great, had many, many more features that I want, is more powerful than the F Jag etc., but the F Jag also looks wonderful in person.
elegant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
7up
The Rook

Drives: 2014 KTM 450SXF
I like the looks of the Jag but the C7 will run circles around it
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Corvette7Tuning

Drives: 2014 corvette stingray
Good comparison.

F-type is a great car. Not a stellar performer, but IMO looks great!

Corvette is in a league of its own in term of bang for your buck.

www.Corvette7Tuning.com
Corvette7Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
Buildbright

Drives: BMW, Mercedes
Nothing wrong with wanting a different car. The F-Type is beautiful inside and out. The V8 S is faster in a straight line with a much better auto then the C7. The Corvette C7 is the bang for your buck car and has the most tuning potential by a million. I don't get caught in performance numbers or track times. I have seen to many Z06 Corvettes and GTR's getting owned on track days by Miata's.
Buildbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #10
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
I'm not sure where you guys are saying the C7 is faster in a straight line. Car and Driver got a 0-60mph time of 3.6 with the V8 F-Type S using launch control. Still I have no doubt that the C7 (base) would own the Jag on a road course.

2012 ZL1 Coupe (M6) #80 (SOLD)

2007 Ducati 1098 (SOLD)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Track/Race Only )
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
I like both the C7 and the F type. I have not seen a C7 in person, but have seen the F type. It is sey and looks better in person than in pictures. I think the C7 looks better, sexier, meaner...but the advantage you will get with the F type is you won't see as many as you will the C7. There is something said for having a rarer car...speed doesn't matter to me as much anymore. I have owned a Ferrari, speed is relative unless you are tracking the car. each is more than enough for city and HWY driving...

I had a C7 on order and cancelled it...not because I don't love it...I just decided to wait until year 2. Would I order an F type? yes...a C7? Yes or a buy a used Aston Martin in the same price point? Absolutely. They each are great cars and each can be justified differently. I would rather have the Aston more than any of them...you rarely see them and they still are an awesome ride. However, something about the C7 keeps it #1 on the list...
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Buildbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post
I like both the C7 and the F type. I have not seen a C7 in person, but have seen the F type. It is sey and looks better in person than in pictures. I think the C7 looks better, sexier, meaner...but the advantage you will get with the F type is you won't see as many as you will the C7. There is something said for having a rarer car...speed doesn't matter to me as much anymore. I have owned a Ferrari, speed is relative unless you are tracking the car. each is more than enough for city and HWY driving...

I had a C7 on order and cancelled it...not because I don't love it...I just decided to wait until year 2. Would I order an F type? yes...a C7? Yes or a buy a used Aston Martin in the same price point? Absolutely. They each are great cars and each can be justified differently. I would rather have the Aston more than any of them...you rarely see them and they still are an awesome ride. However, something about the C7 keeps it #1 on the list...
I'm having the opposite problem. The more I look at the C7 the more i don't like it. The rear is one the worst things GM has done since the Aztec. Also I hate the fact the car has a million Corvette badges and name plates.

The F-Type is pure sex in person if the coupe comes out I might have to buy one. The V8 S sounds like a complete monster.

That being said I hope later this month when I track the C7 my love of the car will grow.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildbright View Post
I'm having the opposite problem. The more I look at the C7 the more i don't like it. The rear is one the worst things GM has done since the Aztec. Also I hate the fact the car has a million Corvette badges and name plates.

The F-Type is pure sex in person if the coupe comes out I might have to buy one. The V8 S sounds like a complete monster.

That being said I hope later this month when I track the C7 my love of the car will grow.
I love both cars...and the thing that attracts me to the Jag is that you won't see many of them. I agree the Jag is very a sexy car...but I also think the C7 is a more aggressive looking car with sex appeal. Although I have seen the Jag, I have not heard it. My Ferrari had Tubi exhaust and sounded like a beast. My family could hear me enter the neighborhood when I was coming home....so I do like the sound of an aggressive V8.

I may be in the minority, but I like the rear of the stingray. As far as badges go...they are easy to remove. People are going to know what it is regardless, if they don't it doesn't matter.

When all is said and done, buy what you love and if it is a toss up, go with your gut.
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #14
Buildbright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post
I love both cars...and the thing that attracts me to the Jag is that you won't see many of them. I agree the Jag is very a sexy car...but I also think the C7 is a more aggressive looking car with sex appeal. Although I have seen the Jag, I have not heard it. My Ferrari had Tubi exhaust and sounded like a beast. My family could hear me enter the neighborhood when I was coming home....so I do like the sound of an aggressive V8.

I may be in the minority, but I like the rear of the stingray. As far as badges go...they are easy to remove. People are going to know what it is regardless, if they don't it doesn't matter.

When all is said and done, buy what you love and if it is a toss up, go with your gut.
I agree with going with your gut 100%. I know you can remove a majority of the badges. I like a clean look but i just don't understand why domestics badge a car to death, even the rims say corvette lol.

I am hoping the C7's interior wows me because I loved the F-Type.