Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Check engine light. Cylinder number 6 misfire.

I started the car this afternoon only to find it rocking and idling very rough and hard. It was almost shaking when it started. It seemed as if the car was stuttering and the idles were pretty high just warming it up. Right afterwards the check engine light came on.

I was close to a dealership location so I had them scan the error code for me and it turns out cylinder number 6 had misfired. I've had this happen before and we couldn't figure out what the issue was. Anyone have any idea? Could it be the coils going bad? I have a 2011 1lt v6 automatic.

Currently if in start the car the check engine light remains on but the car doesn't have any of the symptoms it originally did. Any help is appreciated. I am going to have the dealer look at it on Monday. They couldn't today because they were about to close as I arrive.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Check engine light. Cylinder number 6 misfire.

Bad gas. Lost two injectors because of it and I had the same thing going on, chevron or shell only and I run a bottle of the chevron injector cleaner with every oil change. Have not had a issue in over a year.

Have them replace the injector and stop getting gas where ever you are currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #3
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I've replaced a few coils on the 3.6L, usually intermittent and hard to duplicate. Bad gas could cause this, but generally the misfire will not stay on one cylinder.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Intermittent connection from the spark plug wire, shorting spark plug wire, spark plug broken I would assume you have checked and or replaced... SO you have to go from there. And maybe some fuel injector cleaner could not hurt.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Thanks for all of the feedback guys.

I took it in last night and got chatting with the service tech there and he basically told me that they cannot replicate it and if they can't replicate it its best not to go on a fishing expedition. They checked the car out and saw that it was running normal with no issues.

He figured it might be a cracked coil and that its just occasionally shifting and causing that once ever 20 XXX kms misfire. He told me that long term there wouldn't be much damage and that I should just monitor it - rather than fork over tons of cash to have them try to solve it.

What sort of chevron injector cleaner are you running? Do you have the product name? Or picture. I am due for an oil change tomorrow so I will toss some in as well!
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #6
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Sorry I lost track of this thread, it's just the basic blue one from them I was running. I had the same thing going on last time but I had my code scanner in the car. The check engine light flashed and the car acted like it was going to stall it was running so hard. It didn't happen twice so it didn't store the code but I got to it while it was in the temporary bank and it was a different injector. They have a more than comfortable fail rate on these cars. Seems woke they are a bit more persnickety on fuel selections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote