Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Billiards6

Drives: 2004 GTO
BEWARE...SIN CITY PERFORMANCE..LAS VEGAS

" SIN CITY PERFORMANCE " BEWARE
Sin City Performance, Henderson (Las Vegas), NV.
I wish I have read reviews before I spent a few thousand dollars there. Here is a short review
of my horror story with them ($$$). I had my LS-1 2004 GTO cammed with ALL the extra goodies.
They set it up for dyno-tune ($500). Then they tell my I need another fuel pump. I put in
another fuel pump ($). Brought it back then they tell my NOT a stock fuel pump but a HD fuel
Pump ($). They never told me a HD fuel pump. So then they put in a HD pump. Dyno-tuned again
($500). Then they tell me I need better injectors ($). Each time I had work done the car dove
WORSE. I kept bringing car back and each time they had it for a week or more. After the HD fuel
pump the car drove worse. I tried to tell them MANY times about new fuel pump. They won't
listen. Then they said I still need to have it re dyno-tuned. This time only $400. ha, ha, ha.
WTF!! Car drove worse again. Brought it back and they had it for about 2 weeks. They never even
worked on it. I picked car up. Then I found out from MANY other performance shop that stock fuel
pump and stock injectors were more then ample for what I had done to my GTO. They ROBBED me
blind. This all happened over many months. For almost 3/4 of a year the car never ran good.
There is much more to this story then what I wrote. But I can't let my utter anger about them
cloud my writting. But they reall got me "but good".
So thats how SIN CITY PERFORMANCE got me for a few thousand bucks. )))smacking forehead(((.
Whoever reads this you have my permission to re-post this on every GTO, GM, LSX's sites, etc.
F.Y.I....I did find a performance shop in Las Vegas that dyno-tuned my car and it runs great.
The Sin City Performance tune was sooooo way off.
Billiards6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
That's why if I need work done I am going up to Utah to JDP Motorsports!
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
Billiards6

Before you go to Utah

Before you go to Utah. Speak with Garth with Leading Edge Performance in Las Vegas. 4750 W. University Ave.....One light south of Flamingo and Decatur. Off of Decatur.....tell Garth Yellow 2004 GTO sent you
Old 08-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiards6 View Post
Before you go to Utah. Speak with Garth with Leading Edge Performance in Las Vegas. 4750 W. University Ave.....One light south of Flamingo and Decatur. Off of Decatur.....tell Garth Yellow 2004 GTO sent you
Why? Is there more to the story than what happened above?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:00 PM   #5
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Man, I've tried emailing never got a response and I tried at least three times and calling and got no where. I want 3.91's put in but it sounded like my less of a performance mod wasn't in their interest.... Kept telling me they do high performance mods such as engine builds, superchargers, and etc... I'm fine with the drive as JDP has answered every single question and I asked a lot.
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
ex-SS-ve

Why did you pay for a complete tune everytime you went back? Thats a one time fee. Anything beyond that should have been on them. At most i have seen a shop charge 60$for a retune for dynotime. Guess thats how the hacks survive.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #7
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
wow around here its $450 1st time $150 for retunes.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:25 PM   #8
Billiards6

Man, I've tried emailing never got a response and I tried at least three times and calling and got no where. I want 3.91's put in but it sounded like my less of a performance mod wasn't in their interest.... Kept telling me they do high performance mods such as engine builds, superchargers, and etc... I'm fine with the drive as JDP has answered every single question and I asked a lot.

I spoke with him today.....try him again.....I don't undestand that...business is business

Garth 702-227-6579
Old 08-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
If you spent all that money and kept going back to SCP, having to put up with a lousy running car... I'm not so sure I'd trust your judgment (no offense, but...). There must be a "happy ending" somewhere in your story. Tell us how you resolved the situation with SCP.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrop01 View Post
Sounds like Leading Edge may be as bad as SCP. It doesn't get much better than JDP, based on reputation. I'm sure it'll be a beautiful ride up to Utah (and especially back).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #11
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
some locals seem to like leading edge but garth is an all out douche bag.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #12
nightdemon

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
to hear you had such a bad experience with SIN CITY PERFORMANCE, But its great to hear the GTO is back running strong. I bought a 1999 F-Body a year ago off craigslist which had a hurt transmission, headlight motors were dead,fm/am antenna was also dead, window motors dead, rear main seal was leaking, brakes were shot and the electric cut out motor was missing needless to say driving it back home with 1 gear and an exhaust dump was pretty obnoxious, i knew the car was beat on pretty excessively due to the fact the car came with drag radials on it and 2 more sets of drag radials on spare rims. I called Garth over at LEADING EDGE PERFORMANCE who gladly answered my call and talked to me about my options on getting the transmission fixed or replaced. We talked for an hour and came up with the best plan was to pay a little more and get a RPM transmission instead of rebuilding the transmission every couple month since i plan to be hard on the car He was very helpful with every problem i knew i had and we went over the options to get it all fixed i was relieved that him and his tech would take on all the issues i had instead of me taking it to multiple shops to address and fix the issues the car had. I dropped off the car knowing that these guys were gonna replace the transmission with 1 that i know would take some abuse and when the motor gets more power i won't have to upgrade the transmission and can focus on other weak links in the car, the headlights, antenna,windows and even the electric cut out all were in the working order they should be in, they replaced the brakes and even changed the fluids for me so i could get the car on the road with no leaks. Im not gonna lie the transmission is awesome couldn't imagine going to another shop these guys Treated me like family. Ive worked in the service industry for 10 plus years and have dealt with all types of personalities, Garth at LEADING EDGE PERFORMANCE is as straight up as they come and tells you straight up what options are best for what you're trying to do he takes pride in his work and never fails to go above and beyond for his customers no matter how hard the task is and he always backs up his work.
He will always have my business.
nightdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #13
Billiards6

so the final out-come
Had a new stock fuel pump put in.....he re-dyno-tuned the car..I was told that Sin City Performance jerry-rigged the tune to make up for a terrible dyno-tune...this is the first time the car is running good.....all I can say is..
... WOW ....this car is freakin' fast. What pick up in ALL gears....actually throws you back in seat.

really bad that I was such a fool with SCP....all that wasted $$$
Old 08-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #14
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I would take my car to JDP before anyone else in that region. Jordan knows his crap