Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #99
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I wouldn't have the patients for all that. I'm impressed.

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #100
Lanzz

Drives: 2019 MB E450, 2019 Miata RF
I think once they tear it down, and put in on the frame rack, you'll see supplements which get you must closer to a total loss. myold88 has this right - I don't think the ultra high strength steel in the rocker panel cannot be sectioned, it must be replaced, and this will jack up the cost significantly if not already in the estimate... My bet is you'll see a total here once torn down.
Lanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #101
TheBandit18

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzz View Post
I think once they tear it down, and put in on the frame rack, you'll see supplements which get you must closer to a total loss. myold88 has this right - I don't think the ultra high strength steel in the rocker panel cannot be sectioned, it must be replaced, and this will jack up the cost significantly if not already in the estimate... My bet is you'll see a total here once torn down.
I sure hope so as of right now they said they got the bumpers off and door off and already cut the quarter panel off. ill be going in tomorrow morning to take pictures of the whole thing.
TheBandit18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #102
TheBandit18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl View Post
I wouldn't have the patients for all that. I'm impressed.
I don't sleep to well at night my mind is racing what all is going to happen and all that and I'm really stressing over the whole thing.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #103
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
^^^^ " The adjuster is going to try and lowball you" ??
REALLY !! ... Sorry, but that's not how it works.
REALLY? It happened to me a while back, and had it not been for my having a video of the drunk puking and bleeding on my front step as we awaited the police and the ambulance I would have had to accept what he was offering. Once he took a look at the video tape his offer went up quite a bit.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #104
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
REALLY? It happened to me a while back, and had it not been for my having a video of the drunk puking and bleeding on my front step as we awaited the police and the ambulance I would have had to accept what he was offering. Once he took a look at the video tape his offer went up quite a bit.

kind of hard to lowball repairs, now a injury claim is another story.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #105
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i smell a new 2014 ZL1 vert in the works for you guys. sorry about that good thing you not hurt. cars can be replaced.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #106
TheBandit18

I'm getting the adjusters number tomorrow to talk to him about it all and what he thinks since the body shop doesn't like telling me stuff unless I come up and ask
Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #107
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit18 View Post
I'm getting the adjusters number tomorrow to talk to him about it all and what he thinks since the body shop doesn't like telling me stuff unless I come up and ask
Mmmmm, not sure why they won't tell you what is happening until you meet with them. They really should be your partner in this.
If the car isn't totaled you'll want to make sure that that they will do everything that needs to be repaired for the amount the insurance company is paying. You should not be held responsible for a dime.
Make sure: they will guarantee the work to be "like new" or to your satisfaction; they warantee/guarantee the work they do including paint.
When it's done bring someone else with you to pick it up to help you inspect it.
Make sure you get everything of any value out of the car while its being repaired- glove box, console, trunk, back seat.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #108
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Let's hope it's not totaled or you might wind up buying one of them ugly 14's you stoped to laugh at.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #109
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
What was he adjusting ? Surely NOT the actual damage to your car.
Apples & oranges- Liability / physical damage. Two different things.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #110
TheBandit18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Mmmmm, not sure why they won't tell you what is happening until you meet with them. They really should be your partner in this.
If the car isn't totaled you'll want to make sure that that they will do everything that needs to be repaired for the amount the insurance company is paying. You should not be held responsible for a dime.
Make sure: they will guarantee the work to be "like new" or to your satisfaction; they warantee/guarantee the work they do including paint.
When it's done bring someone else with you to pick it up to help you inspect it.
Make sure you get everything of any value out of the car while its being repaired- glove box, console, trunk, back seat.
I might even go as far as taking it somewhere so they can look at the suspension stuff and tell me if its good or not.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #111
TheBandit18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Let's hope it's not totaled or you might wind up buying one of them ugly 14's you stoped to laugh at.
If its totaled ill be buying a 13 or older. I have never said anything about the 14s I don't mind them I would get use to them
Old 08-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #112
QUICKSS

Drives: 2013 2SS
I know of a few body shops that will miss some things on the inital inspection. They want to make sure its not totaled. Then they will start the repairs and ask for more money from the adjuster later. At that point it would have been totaled from the start. Insurance feels they already have invested all the repair money, so they pay the additional requested amout. I fould this out the hard way.
QUICKSS is offline   Reply With Quote