The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-16-2024, 07:56 AM   #813
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Funny in week 18 vs the Giants AJ Brown fumbles and it counts as a fumble but almost the same play in the Bills game 7 weeks earlier in overtime is not a fumble.
Man you really can’t let that go. In fact you have bitched about the refs all year in this thread. If you were an athlete you’d be a pretty bad one because you can’t forget mistakes and move past them/get better from them.

Congrats on beating the Steelers and Mason Rudolph. You’re not getting past the ravens and you might even lose to the Chiefs even though you beat them earlier this year. Bills have been a bunch of chokers in the playoffs the past couple years. A 13 second field goal drive and a blowout by the Bengals at your stadium are what the Bills are in the postseason. If the AFC wasn’t so weak this year your team would again not even sniff an AFC championship game.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:18 AM   #814

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Steeler vs Bills game...

I can't stand this quarterback sliding after a run bs. I do like Allen, but he is a big dude, runs hard, runs a lot, takes hits, and is hard to bring down. Yet when he "slides" and gets a hit, he snivels like a little weasel to get a penalty flag. This rule sucks.

If QBs want this rule in place, they should be made to "slide" every time, or if they don't slide its a penalty on them. The defense shouldn't have to guess what the qb will do and get screwed over by not tackling to stop a run.

Steelers got a raw deal. Allen and qbs shouldn't get the benefit of "going both ways"...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:29 AM   #815
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Man you really can’t let that go. In fact you have bitched about the refs all year in this thread. If you were an athlete you’d be a pretty bad one because you can’t forget mistakes and move past them/get better from them.

Congrats on beating the Steelers and Mason Rudolph. You’re not getting past the ravens and you might even lose to the Chiefs even though you beat them earlier this year. Bills have been a bunch of chokers in the playoffs the past couple years. A 13 second field goal drive and a blowout by the Bengals at your stadium are what the Bills are in the postseason. If the AFC wasn’t so weak this year your team would again not even sniff an AFC championship game.
AFC weak?

The only NFC team that would have a chance against the remaining AFC teams is the 49ers.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:47 AM   #816
m6-lt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
AFC weak?

The only NFC team that would have a chance against the remaining AFC teams is the 49ers.
Pains me to say this but I thought the cowboys could beat any afc team but the Ravens. They just happened to do the thing they always do which is flop in the playoffs which was amazing. I wouldn’t count the Lions as not a threat. Their offense is elite. If their defense can force a couple stops they could possibly beat any AFC team aside from the Ravens.

The main reason I called the AFC weak is Joe Burrow being out, the Browns not having their qb either (yes his stats weren’t great but they were winning at a high clip with him) and the chiefs offense had a down year. As much as I would hate the see the chiefs progress in the playoffs it wouldn’t shock me at all if they beat the Bills next week and it wouldn’t shock me if they beat the Ravens too. The tried and true formula for winning a Super Bowl in the NFL is having a franchise qb and an elite defense. That’s what the chiefs have…hoping their offense’s ineptitude keeps them from getting to another Super Bowl.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 01-16-2024, 09:30 AM   #817
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

As a fan which is short for fanatic you can dwell on anything you want

The Bills team even acknowledges that game(Eagles) was the turning point.

As an athlete you need to keep your head in the game and need to let things go.

Winning 7 beer league hockey championships in 12 years and 8 goaltender of the year awards I guess I knew how to let things go when I played
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:34 AM   #818
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Pains me to say this but I thought the cowboys could beat any afc team but the Ravens. They just happened to do the thing they always do which is flop in the playoffs which was amazing. I wouldn’t count the Lions as not a threat. Their offense is elite. If their defense can force a couple stops they could possibly beat any AFC team aside from the Ravens.

The main reason I called the AFC weak is Joe Burrow being out, the Browns not having their qb either (yes his stats weren’t great but they were winning at a high clip with him) and the chiefs offense had a down year. As much as I would hate the see the chiefs progress in the playoffs it wouldn’t shock me at all if they beat the Bills next week and it wouldn’t shock me if they beat the Ravens too. The tried and true formula for winning a Super Bowl in the NFL is having a franchise qb and an elite defense. That’s what the chiefs have…hoping their offense’s ineptitude keeps them from getting to another Super Bowl.
They really laid a beating on the Bills

They didn`t even score a TD until the second and third stringers were in the game.

They look pretty good in garbage time though
Old 01-16-2024, 09:42 AM   #819
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Steeler vs Bills game...

I can't stand this quarterback sliding after a run bs. I do like Allen, but he is a big dude, runs hard, runs a lot, takes hits, and is hard to bring down. Yet when he "slides" and gets a hit, he snivels like a little weasel to get a penalty flag. This rule sucks.

If QBs want this rule in place, they should be made to "slide" every time, or if they don't slide its a penalty on them. The defense shouldn't have to guess what the qb will do and get screwed over by not tackling to stop a run.

Steelers got a raw deal. Allen and qbs shouldn't get the benefit of "going both ways"...lol
I think the Bills got flagged more than any other team for hitting a sliding QB.

I say nail the SOB and take the yards and the fine to send a message.

On JA17`s 52 yard TD run watch how many Steelers gave up running on the replay.

One more thing Miles Jack is the king of the cheap shot.

Watch him smeer Diggs from behind on Shakirs TD catch and romp.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:42 AM   #820
m6-lt1

Quote:
I guess you have a point but at some point fans mature and realize their team should just make more plays to win games. Every single one possession football game can come down to if a questionable call went another way the outcome would have changed. It’s up to your team to make more plays than the other team. You can’t rely on the refs to give you EVERY 50/50 call. There will always be a call or two per game that could go one way or the other that your team won’t get. Also you got the 2 seed, you wouldn’t have received the 1 seed regardless of if the Bills won that game so that call literally had no impact on your teams seeding. It just would have given you less anxiety about making the playoffs. You still would have had to win week 18 to seal the division.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
Old 01-16-2024, 09:46 AM   #821
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

The 13 second field goal drive is inexcusable, but the blowout at the hands of the Bengals was predictable. Von Miller was out. Tre’davious White was out (and is out again) and either Jordan Poyer or Micah Hyde was out or playing injured (can’t remember the exact details). Either way, the secondary was decimated and the pass rush was neutered so a skilled QB like Burrow with decent receivers should’ve had a field day. And they did.

This year White is out again, but Poyer and Hyde are both healthy, Miller is healthy-ish, but not even the biggest part of the pass rush anymore. Ed Oliver is living up to his potential. If Raul Douglas is healthy Sunday, Baker Mayfield is gonna have a long hard day. Even if he’s not I expect the Bills to take this. Baltimore worries me, though.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:18 AM   #822
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

The Bills team even acknowledges that game(Eagles) was the turning point.

As an athlete you need to keep your head in the game and need to let things go.

Winning 7 beer league hockey championships in 12 years and 8 goaltender of the year awards I guess I knew how to let things go when I played
Dude! You were a goalie? So was I! When I was a kid I played in Buffalo’s Front Park league. We played a lot of outdoor games right under the Peace Bridge. We played our indoor games at the barn in Fort Erie.

When I moved to Michigan for college I played on men’s league teams in Flint. Don’t know if you remember Rick Dudley when he was with the Sabres. By the time I got to Flint he was player-coach of the Flint Generals. A lot of times after our league games Rick would bring some of his players out for extra practice and often asked me to hang around if he needed a target…I mean goalie… for them to practice with.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:33 AM   #823
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Still basking in the glow of the historic Cowboys collapse. They had no business losing that game but it's on brand. Removing a coach with 3 consecutive 12 win seasons will also be on brand.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:26 PM   #824
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:

Don't look past the Texans. Lamar Jackson has not been good in the playoffs and he will be facing the best QB in the AFC not named Patrick Mahomes.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 05:07 PM   #825
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Is it next season yet?
Old 01-17-2024, 04:42 AM   #826
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Dude! You were a goalie? So was I! When I was a kid I played in Buffalo’s Front Park league. We played a lot of outdoor games right under the Peace Bridge. We played our indoor games at the barn in Fort Erie.

When I moved to Michigan for college I played on men’s league teams in Flint. Don’t know if you remember Rick Dudley when he was with the Sabres. By the time I got to Flint he was player-coach of the Flint Generals. A lot of times after our league games Rick would bring some of his players out for extra practice and often asked me to hang around if he needed a target…I mean goalie… for them to practice with.
Very cool.

They replaced the old barn in 1996 with the Fort Erie Leisureplex a twin pad with about 2000 seats for the JR B team.

I have played a few tournaments there and some pick up hockey with the guys from work.

Rick was a really hard nosed player and they generally make great coaches and exec`s in hockey