Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #127
gt2serious
Dan Hall / SS-IN-TX

Drives: SW/2SS/RS/11-11-09 It's all mine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTengineer View Post
whoa gt2serious, that looks HOT, I really like those vents behind the front wheel well. Are you gonna put on the grandsport fender stripes??
Not putting the Stripes on this one (Factory Constraint) and not shure if I would for the $$. Little over $1100 for just the vinyl stripes and "GS" on the headrests. I sell new 'Vettes for discount prices but can't get down to Camaro monies.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #128
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
Whats the facepalm for?

You Vette lovers gotta get over yo'selfs. I've owned a 63, 69, 82. They were great looking cars, but what a bag of bolts to keep on the road. I've spent more time under them than in them. Rented a Hertz ZHZ vert for a week and was impressed, they finally got it together, but the sun does not rise and set on a Corvette's ass by any means.

I get way more smiles per $ with my 2SS than any Vette I have owned
The fact that the base Vette owns the Camaro SS in about every department except having more seats and is a world class performer that can take on a Ferrari on any given day earns a facepalm. Downplaying the Corvette because you love the Camaro is asinine. If you live in a 'GM' world then sun very well does rise and shine on the Corvettees ass. If you live in a world open to any cars then the Corvette isn't the first ass the sun touches but it's way up on the list.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #129
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
No, not crazy at all. I suspect the $42k Vette is not a 2010. Also, they are totally 2 different cars in every aspect except the engine...so I say go for the Camaro.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #130
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
I think I'd rather have a nice camaro than be a lower end corvette, it's kinda like that porsche from the late eighties, people could say ooh look I have a porsche, few years later it was dubbed poor mans porsche. I don't think the cheapest of any line would go over that well down the line
Good point. I have actually spotted the base Vettes around in traffic and actually caught myself thinking that very thing (which I know I shouldn't but did). Shame on me...
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #131
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I actually favor the 2SS/RS to the bottom end vette.

I love the vette too... but they havent changed the body signifigantly in a very long time. So you are just another vette in a sea of many. Now.... the concept vette in Transformers 2..... I would take that over a 2SS/RS anyday.

and.........I dont need 700HP like most of you guys. 426 + a CAI and headers and I am set.
Dude, there is going to be over 100k camaros produced in model year 2010. Get over the "we are exclusive" bs. That's almost 80% of all C6's ever built.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #132
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
I think I'd rather have a nice camaro than be a lower end corvette, it's kinda like that porsche from the late eighties, people could say ooh look I have a porsche, few years later it was dubbed poor mans porsche. I don't think the cheapest of any line would go over that well down the line
Holy crap. Get real dude. A Corvette is a Corvette. In 10 years people are still going to be calling the camaro a mullet mobile. You guys need to get over yourselves. The simple fact you are making this argument is just crazy. Any C6 Vette is a better car than any GEN 5 Camaro. Get over it.
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #133
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Did the OP buy a car yet?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #134
TiffanyKG

Drives: 2001 Honda Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I actually favor the 2SS/RS to the bottom end vette.

I love the vette too... but they havent changed the body signifigantly in a very long time. So you are just another vette in a sea of many. Now.... the concept vette in Transformers 2..... I would take that over a 2SS/RS anyday.

and.........I dont need 700HP like most of you guys. 426 + a CAI and headers and I am set.
that vette is pretty much the shit! we have a 71 stingray, almost 40 years later, and it's still sleek as hell!

i'd love to pull up in that concept tho. dunno if i could ever afford it... i don't even wanna know what it would run! yikes.
TiffanyKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #135
C6Z06dude

Drives: 2009 C63 AMG,06 Evo,07 VW GLI,
Looks wise I think I rather have a Camaro SS rs with some hood stripes rather than a plain C6 vette which blends too well in traffic.

I just sold my red C6 Z06 but it was a different history it is flashier than the regular C6. So once again, I think I probably rather take the Camaro.
Previous car> 08 Z06 with cams, heads,headers and other minor stuff
C6Z06dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #136
priz23
On 2nd 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS -Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
Holy crap. Get real dude. A Corvette is a Corvette. In 10 years people are still going to be calling the camaro a mullet mobile. You guys need to get over yourselves. The simple fact you are making this argument is just crazy. Any C6 Vette is a better car than any GEN 5 Camaro. Get over it.
Look in your web browser really quick......okay, what's the site name. That might be way you're seeing some biased opinions. Put it all on paper, and of course the vette wins. The Camaro may be called the mullet mobile, but at least that means you still have hair (although it needs to be cut!). Vette=mid life crisis and balding. I have the neighbor to prove it! 20 years and counting and I'll be visiting the dealership to purchase my vette. For now, need the child seats in the back of the Camaro for my two kids.
priz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #137
remjay

Drives: 94 Celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by priz23 View Post
Look in your web browser really quick......okay, what's the site name. That might be way you're seeing some biased opinions. Put it all on paper, and of course the vette wins. The Camaro may be called the mullet mobile, but at least that means you still have hair (although it needs to be cut!). Vette=mid life crisis and balding. I have the neighbor to prove it! 20 years and counting and I'll be visiting the dealership to purchase my vette. For now, need the child seats in the back of the Camaro for my two kids.
haha..calling the vette a mid life crisis car, but then mention wanting the camaro for it's back seats for kids? Besides, I've seen a lot of "mid life" members posting shots of their new camaros; anything wrong with that? not at all, but you are sorely mistaking if you think all these new camaros are going to just a bunch of 20-something yr olds.
remjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #138
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by remjay View Post
but you are sorely mistaking if you think all these new camaros are going to just a bunch of 20-something yr olds.
QFTT!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #139
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by remjay View Post
haha..calling the vette a mid life crisis car, but then mention wanting the camaro for it's back seats for kids? Besides, I've seen a lot of "mid life" members posting shots of their new camaros; anything wrong with that? not at all, but you are sorely mistaking if you think all these new camaros are going to just a bunch of 20-something yr olds.
Re-read the thread. Tread brought up the stereotype issue by saying, "In 10 years people are still going to be calling the Camaro the mulletmobile." The point was, EVERY 'high-visibility' car has a stereotype attached - and yes, the Vette's is that it's the midlifemobile.

And you're "sorely mistaking" if you think every Camaro owner has a mullet.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #140
SubSolar

Drives: 2009 Corvette, 1987 Buick GN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Did the OP buy a car yet?
Yeah, I ended up getting a new C6 for $42k. Will get a Camaro in a year or two to rotate daily driving duties. Not sure if it will be SS or Z/28 yet.
SubSolar is offline   Reply With Quote