Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #883
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
I've got new for you, the ZL1 spent exactly 0 seconds at 2500 RPM in the motortrend head to head. Were talking about the race track here, remember?

I'll make sure to not get into a figure 8 race with either one of those figure 8 terrors.
Cranky today? Heavy flow day? Or are you just a touch sensitive?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:31 PM   #884
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
I don't remember seeing any tach numbers in the head to head, and really didn't see any rpm advantage. The R stayed in a lower gear so to keep revs up, and the zl1 stayed in a higher gear because it had the torque to keep it going. Just different ways to use the power your given. Just need to know how to drive them.
Crank up the sound. The ZL1 shifted more often. Both kept the RPM up in their respective powerband. The ZL1 most certainly was not driven at 2500 RPM.

I agree, they each do things their own way. Having a broader powerband is advantageous on the racetrack....but on the street, most don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Cranky today? Heavy flow day? Or are you just a touch sensitive?
Not I. Just simple responses.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #885
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
And you really do think the GT350R is running around the track at 8000 RPMs. One thing I notice about you Mustang guys is you constantly exaggerate and twist words into something else. Either that or you just have terrible comprehension.
Quote:
I've got new for you, the ZL1 spent exactly 0 seconds at 2500 RPM in the motortrend head to head. Were talking about the race track here, remember?
Which engine would you want to own on its 40th track day? After the warranty expires?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #886
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Crank up the sound. The ZL1 shifted more often. Both kept the RPM up in their respective powerband. The ZL1 most certainly was not driven at 2500 RPM.

I agree, they each do things their own way. Having a broader powerband is advantageous on the racetrack....but on the street, most don't care.

Not I. Just simple responses.
What I don't understand is why you're soo intent on defending the GT350R's track performance when it lost, convincingly. And I thought you guys were all about the experience of driving the Shelby. I thought it was more of how the car made you feel and how it sounds and the enjoyment of driving it. Track performance shouldn't matter to you if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Which engine would you want to own on its 40th track day? After the warranty expires?
??
Old 06-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #887
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Hands down, the Voodoo.

Quote:
What I don't understand is why you're soo intent on defending the GT350R's track performance when it lost, convincingly. And I thought you guys were all about the experience of driving the Shelby. I thought it was more of how the car made you feel and how it sounds and the enjoyment of driving it. Track performance shouldn't matter to you if that's the case.

??
I like to point out the good of BOTH vehicles while you like to degrade the GT350R. It's quite obvious who has a motive here and who doesn't.

The driving experience is one aspect, as is it's track prowess. You continue to belittle the GT350R for losing by a mere 0.39 seconds without acknowledging that it has better braking, better cornering, better "feel" and is short a shitload of power and torque.

I won't argue with you on this anymore....it's becoming quite cyclical. I get it, you hate the GT350R, you hate it's owners for paying admin, you hate the dealers for marking it up, you hate Ford for creating such a slow 1/4 mile terror.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #888
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hands down, the Voodoo.

I like to point out the good of BOTH vehicles while you like to degrade the GT350R. It's quite obvious who has a motive here and who doesn't.

The driving experience is one aspect, as is it's track prowess. You continue to belittle the GT350R for losing by a mere 0.39 seconds without acknowledging that it has better braking, better cornering, better "feel" and is short a shitload of power and torque.

I won't argue with you on this anymore....it's becoming quite cyclical. I get it, you hate the GT350R, you hate it's owners for paying admin, you hate the dealers for marking it up, you hate Ford for creating such a slow 1/4 mile terror.
If I went over to your forum, you guys would treat me just as harshly. I don't hate the Shelby, I just don't have much respect for it. So I don't really appreciate it. And I don't have to which is why I am on this site and not some other site. I made it more than clear that I don't have respect for the Shelby. If that burns you then that is your problem. And I still find it quite amusing that you guys keep saying that the track times don't matter yet every chance you get you're trying to defend how and why it did soo poorly. The latest is that you guys are talking about the tires and how much that could have affected the times.

If you want people to be unbiased then you're on the wrong forum.

And I pointed out the good of the Mustang. It just wasn't good enough at what it is good for. And it lacked soo much in other areas that it could not compensate and keep up with a more well built and all around car.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #889
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
If I went over to your forum, you guys would treat me just as harshly. I don't hate the Shelby, I just don't have much respect for it. So I don't really appreciate it. And I don't have to which is why I am on this site and not some other site. I made it more than clear that I don't have respect for the Shelby. If that burns you then that is your problem. And I still find it quite amusing that you guys keep saying that the track times don't matter yet every chance you get you're trying to defend how and why it did soo poorly. The latest is that you guys are talking about the tires and how much that could have affected the times.

If you want people to be unbiased then you're on the wrong forum.
If you to belittle the GT350R as you have here, you would be fairly quickly banned. Notice that I not once have said anything derogatory towards the Zl1 or it's owners.

I'm OK with being biased. I'm a bit biased myself. I find it ridiculous to demean others for the choice....or other vehicles in general. It shows a high level of insecurity to do so.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #890
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
If you to belittle the GT350R as you have here, you would be fairly quickly banned. Notice that I not once have said anything derogatory towards the Zl1 or it's owners.

I'm OK with being biased. I'm a bit biased myself. I find it ridiculous to demean others for the choice....or other vehicles in general. It shows a high level of insecurity to do so.
And that is why I am here. I don't demean others except when they're paying huge markups after they criticized the Dodge guys for the same exact thing when the Hellcat came out. Other than that I don't say anything bad about the people who buy these cars. I simply feel that the car itself is pathetic. And don't you guys talk trash about imports every chance you get? You guys bash them left and right. But you don't want it being done to you? And weren't you the same one belittling me telling me what I can't afford to pay? LOL, I did get a kick out of it because what you said was more funny than anything. But don't be a hypocrite. And at least I have one of the cars we're discussing. You have a GT...so what makes you an expert on either of these cars?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #891
hotlap

Quote:
Hands down, the Voodoo.
Owning a well seasoned VooDoo would scare me. I'd had no concern for the LT4.

Quoting the Highs, Lows and Verdict side bar of the Mustang beats Corvette C&D
Quote:
...sell yours before it vibrates itself to pieces
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...y-gt350-page-3

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 06-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #892
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
And that is why I am here. I don't demean others except when they're paying huge markups after they criticized the Dodge guys for the same exact thing when the Hellcat came out. Other than that I don't say anything bad about the people who buy these cars. I simply feel that the car itself is pathetic. And don't you guys talk trash about imports every chance you get? You guys bash them left and right. But you don't want it being done to you? And weren't you the same one belittling me telling me what I can't afford to pay? LOL, I did get a kick out of it because what you said was more funny than anything. But don't be a hypocrite. And at least I have one of the cars we're discussing. You have a GT...so what makes you an expert on either of these cars?
The more you talk, the more you prove my point. Let's just move on.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #893
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I don't get it.. The shift points between the two cars are basically at same mph through the first 4 gears.. How is the powerband better in a car that makes less power across the rev range then? How does the Shelby require less shifting?
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #894
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
The more you talk, the more you prove my point. Let's just move on.
Why are you even here? You have done nothing but challenge everything everyone says that isn't in favor of the Shelby. Even when it is factual data. You have a BS excuse for everything. You exaggerate everything. And you're a hypocrite. You can't just admit that the Shelby is no match for the ZL1 in anything except for MT's subjective thoughts. Yet you have not brought even one logical or irrefutable argument to the table. So again, why are you even here?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #895
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I don't get it.. The shift points between the two cars are basically at same mph through the first 4 gears.. How is the powerband better in a car that makes less power across the rev range then? How does the Shelby require less shifting?
He doesn't know what he is talking about and he just wants to try to say something. Regardless of his irrational argument about the power band of the Shelby, it still lost on the track. So what good is bringing it up if it couldn't help the car win? It's like saying "oh the Shelby can rev to 8250"...ok, well did it win on the track or lose horribly? He is out of his mind.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #896
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
It's powerband isn't better. It's just at a higher rpm. This graph was made before the LT4 but illustrates this well using the LS7 and LT1.

The LS7 operates 1,500 rpm lower so pick points 1,500 rpm apart and compare. Example: compare Voodoo at 5,500 to LS7 at 4,000 rpm. Voodoo makes more power, LS7 more torque. If Voodoo loses speed it will struggle.

LS and LT engines happily do their thing at low RPMs. You need to rev the shit out of the Voodoo. That is what it was designed to do but I wouldn't expect long life
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -