Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Question for the Garage Queens

So after putting 60,000 miles on my Camaro in the last 2 years(100 miles a day just getting to work and back), I might have an opportunity to cut that down to less than 50 miles a week. Found a house 3 miles from work that I'm looking into purchasing. So I'll be cutting out 97 miles per day and 2 hours of driving and dealing with traffic, and will probably just ride my bike to work, weather permitting. My question is, how do you guys with Garage queens go without driving your Camaros? I've always just loved driving, even simply driving around with my friends with no destination in mind, so keeping the Camaro sitting in the garage is going to be tough for me. But I guess on the bright side, I'll have time to work on some mods and such for her.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
It is easy in the Great White North. Salt and snow and more salt and snow. So happy that she is tucked away nice and safe!
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Absence grows the heart stronger.
Driving it is like a treat when we get too!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
beetlei

Drives: 2013 2SS / RS
Feels brand new every time I get into her. The car, I mean the car.
beetlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
Here its salt and snow untill march. No brainer, leave her tucked away. In the summer, if you ride to work. At night just go for a cruise man. I do it all the time. No destination, just hit some car gathering spots and the such. Pick up the GF and hit Sonic or something. Use it for night time running around. Usually just cruising, there will be others out that always want a "spirited" drive
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Driving it when you want to is way better than having to drive it when you don't want to...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Keeping the excitement warm. And always look like brand new
Old 12-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCk View Post
So after putting 60,000 miles on my Camaro in the last 2 years(100 miles a day just getting to work and back), I might have an opportunity to cut that down to less than 50 miles a week. Found a house 3 miles from work that I'm looking into purchasing. So I'll be cutting out 97 miles per day and 2 hours of driving and dealing with traffic, and will probably just ride my bike to work, weather permitting. My question is, how do you guys with Garage queens go without driving your Camaros? I've always just loved driving, even simply driving around with my friends with no destination in mind, so keeping the Camaro sitting in the garage is going to be tough for me. But I guess on the bright side, I'll have time to work on some mods and such for her.
I have two my 2001 Z/28 that I drive a few times a year, and my 2010 that is not a garage queen that has not left the garage in 2 months

Priorities change but when car show season starts in early 2014 I will have the great feeling to know what every weekend my car will always be clean.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I know for me since i track baby,and drive really hard,i like to give her a break.She has been in the garage all week since i tracked her last Sat,but am driving baby tomorrow But to answer your question how do we go without driving all the time,it's tough,as i want to be in her...GIGGITTY everyday.I do know when i open the garage,and see her sitting there she puts a smile on my face
Old 12-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Well I can totally understand those that have to deal with snow, spent a few winters at my counsins house in New York. Luckily that's not too much of an issue here in Georgia. It will definitely be nice to drive when I want and not have to deal with the traffic on my way to work. I'll have to figure out some new driving spots and haangouts though, everything I'm used to will be 50miles away.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Start Modding!!!
Mine has covered 31k over 4 years. I work on her at leisure, no rushing. With a big CAM i simply love waiting at the lights, choppy idles, feels like a washing machine. You cant do that with a daily driver. And as others say, a few days without driving, i feel like a kid again...
GET-TORQ custom CAM 223/243 LSA113, Full LS3 conversion, 3200 stall Multi-Disk TC from Circle-D, B&M Supercooler to cool that tranny down....1 7/8" Kooks Headers and High flowCats. MACH XL Catbacks. Eibach springs, R2C Performance CAI, powdercoated calipers, Footwell lighting in tune with dome lights, tints, ABL Lighting, ACS T3 ports and ACS Eagle T3 triple LED lighting kit. Heritage grill, Hex vents, ZL1 rockers, ZL1 Diffuser, Quad tips...the list keeps getting longer - whats next??

markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
mdrobtx

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Victory Red
I agree with the above post. It's a treat when I do drive it.

I was lucky and got to enjoy the two below for many years. That makes it easier to only drive this one once a month or so.

1968 Coupe and 1967 Vert

mdrobtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I agree with the many of the above posts. Unfortunately, I am in the group that is basically forced not to drive for several months out of the year because of the weather. But it gives me plenty of leisurely time during the winter to tear stuff apart and do my mods right the first time without being rushed. And as mentioned, when Spring-Time rolls around, I feel like a kid again taking my car out for the first time!!! Plus, I get a lot of compliments like, "Wow, you're car still looks like new"!!! I've had her since June 2009......coming up on 8,000 miles now.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
A few points from my perspective;

1. You have wonderful piece of mind when the weather is crap, holiday traffic is horrendous, parking lots jams and door dings are by the minute and not a worry ever.
2. The car is always in pristine condition for that night out to dinner,movies, and ready to go, etc.
3. My car literally smells new still being a 2010, never sees, rain, snow,dirt, etc.
4. Yeah i agree that it is more of a novelty when you do drive and the neighbors hear it roar to life because it always rolls out looking amazing and clean.
5. The care taken by living in the garage will pay dividends in the long run as it will not endure the elements.

my .02

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote