Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #43
Racecarstuff
Toothless The Dragon SS

Drives: 2014 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I wouldn't say lucky... Its a mass produced, economy priced car.

Nice, but nothing special
Tell that to th millions of people riding the buss. They would beat some a$$ for a camaro.
Racecarstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #44
Racecarstuff
Toothless The Dragon SS

Drives: 2014 Black SS
Sometimes I forget how negative of a community we are...
Racecarstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #45
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecarstuff View Post
Sometimes I forget how negative of a community we are...
Negative and positive - is everywhere. Choose your focus, feed the wolf you want to live.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #46
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Well yes, the Camaro is priced to be within reach of many people's budgets. However, if, like me, you should want one to keep really nice, as in "not a daily driver," then that means that this purchase is in in "addition" to your daily driver banger. So, for me, it's a $30,000 toy. And while the car may be common in comparison to Ferrari, I still twist my neck when I see one coming or driving near me. They aren't all over the place, ESPECIALLY the V-8s. Most of the one's I see are V6s. AND, on top of that, MOST are not kept in the condition that I keep mine in. Many owners have that "it's just a Camaro" attitude, and quite honestly they let the car turn to shit. Therefore, mine and others like it are indeed rarer due to the fact that we keep them in showroom condition.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #47
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I wouldn't say lucky... Its a mass produced, economy priced car.

Nice, but nothing special
No... these are the mass produced economy cars... A base Camaro new is $10k over the cost of these.

Chevrolet Sonic LS Sedan ($16,020) ...
Fiat 500 Pop ($15,990) ...
Hyundai Accent SE ($15,580) ...
Smart Fortwo ($15,400) ...
Nissan Versa Note ($15,095) ...
Kia Rio Sedan ($15,015) ...
Ford Fiesta S Sedan ($15,005) ...
Chevrolet Spark ($13,875)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #48
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Camaro isn't cheap. The vast majority of the populace can't afford a largely impractical 30-50k vehicle. Just sounds arrogant and out of touch. Almost like some politician clamoring on about how they were so poor they couldn't afford to make payments on all of their houses.

I fully appreciate how fortunate I am, and even debate at times that there's someone somewhere looking out for me. I also realize it could all be gone in a heartbeat. All it takes is an accident or a freak health issue to change things completely.
Attached Images

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #49
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
Well yes, the Camaro is priced to be within reach of many people's budgets. However, if, like me, you should want one to keep really nice, as in "not a daily driver," then that means that this purchase is in in "addition" to your daily driver banger. So, for me, it's a $30,000 toy. And while the car may be common in comparison to Ferrari, I still twist my neck when I see one coming or driving near me. They aren't all over the place, ESPECIALLY the V-8s. Most of the one's I see are V6s. AND, on top of that, MOST are not kept in the condition that I keep mine in. Many owners have that "it's just a Camaro" attitude, and quite honestly they let the car turn to shit. Therefore, mine and others like it are indeed rarer due to the fact that we keep them in showroom condition.
I've got a V6, will have a V8, but this car is treated better than "it's just a Camaro"! We are all here for same reason. we love this ride!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #50
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Camaro isn't cheap. The vast majority of the populace can't afford a largely impractical 30-50k vehicle. Just sounds arrogant and out of touch. Almost like some politician clamoring on about how they were so poor they couldn't afford to make payments on all of their houses.

I fully appreciate how fortunate I am, and even debate at times that there's someone somewhere looking out for me. I also realize it could all be gone in a heartbeat. All it takes is an accident or a freak health issue to change things completely.

Nice Rides!!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #51
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
luck doesn't really have anything to do with it. work, save, be responsible, stay disciplined, and set goals. do that and you can have anything you want.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #52
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
luck doesn't really have anything to do with it. work, save, be responsible, stay disciplined, and set goals. do that and you can have anything you want.
I agree 100%

That is why these cars are not just 'cars' to me.

I sold my 1995 Trans AM in 2009 to pay for the out-of-pocket costs for a surgery that pretty much saved my life. Since then, I worked my ass off, got my credit repaired, and saved up with the goal of buying a Gen 5 Camaro. I don't make a ton of money, so to be able to buy one of these cars was a really big deal to me.

I finally got my 2010 SS in August 2016. The day I drove it home was one of the happiest days of my life.

My Camaro is so much more than just another car to me.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #53
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post

Very nice Vert, navy blue is one of the rarest Camaro colors. I tried talking my BIL into his choice of a 2014, between 2 reds and the navy. He of course went boring red, like everybody else. So cliche, if it's a sports car it has to be red. He would have went with the blue because he dug the blue & black interior, if it didn't run an extra 1800.00, his max on his 2SS was 46,000
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #54
The Wanderer

Drives: Blaze Red 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Exactly.....
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #55
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
I have a V6 and I can assure you that I probably keep mine in the same if not better condition than yours.

Unlike some here who think it's just a car, especially the V6 as you put it, I treat mine like a classic. To be able to buy a brand new 5th gen in its last year of production was a dream come true. I feel very lucky to have been able to do that. There is nothing like buying a brand new car off the lot.

It may be only a V6, but the amount of compliments I have received on my car is amazing. And, I don't plan on upgrading someday either. There is always something or somebody faster.

The new 6th gen SS's make the 5th gen V8 owners, especially L99 owners, about as slow to them as we are from the V8 models. Sure, it would be nice to have more low end torque, but that 30+ mpg is nice too. The 5th gen V6 offered a perfect blend of performance, style and value. I'm glad I was able to take advantage of it before they were no longer in production.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #56
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I have a V6 and I can assure you that I probably keep mine in the same if not better condition than yours.

Unlike some here who think it's just a car, especially the V6 as you put it, I treat mine like a classic. To be able to buy a brand new 5th gen in its last year of production was a dream come true. I feel very lucky to have been able to do that. There is nothing like buying a brand new car off the lot.

It may be only a V6, but the amount of compliments I have received on my car is amazing. And, I don't plan on upgrading someday either. There is always something or somebody faster.

The new 6th gen SS's make the 5th gen V8 owners, especially L99 owners, about as slow to them as we are from the V8 models. Sure, it would be nice to have more low end torque, but that 30+ mpg is nice too. The 5th gen V6 offered a perfect blend of performance, style and value. I'm glad I was able to take advantage of it before they were no longer in production.
Yeah, I didn't mean the to knock the V6s, it came out the wrong way when I wrote it. I guess I was thinking more about which ones I see on a daily basis. I've seen many V6s that are killer looking. Sorry for the unintended insult.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote