Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue203 View Post
Im sure it was a good event. All im saying is if they would let the public actually See the damn car, they probably would have alot more sold right now. Honestly, how many of you guys have actually seen one in person? I just cant see spending $45k on a car i never even sat in or test drove.
The Camaro will be production-constrained for months, if not the entire 2016 model year. They don't need to have thousands of extra orders at the start of production. That just leads to longer wait times. And I can't think of how GM could have thousands of test-drive cars available at dealerships to let everyone sit in & drive the car before ordering begins.

And who's seen it? Well, just about everyone that came out to CamaroFest saw it. They had a couple coupes, plus a convertible. You could sit in it, ask the GM people questions ... it was great. They've probably had one or two at every major motor racing event since mid May, same with big car shows. On top of that, right now, GM is doing a pretty cool social media program (Find New Roads Trip) thats letting a ton of people all around the US drive the 2016 Camaro. There's a handful at SEMA in Las Vegas right now. All told, theres probably a few million people in the US have seen the 6th gen Camaro in person by now & its growing by the day.

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of other opportunities.

And one thing that you probably don't realize about the Belle Isle reveal is that GM got the undivided attention of every single Camaro enthusiast and media outlet in North America for a couple days by doing a special reveal. At an autoshow, they would have had to fight for attention against every other car that got shown there. And for the Camaro fans that show up, there would have been very little opportunity to actually ask anyone for information about the car. Then theres the fact that they actually let the press drive the car the day after ... something that would have been exceedingly difficult had they done the reveal in New York or at any other autoshow.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Yup, Chevy can redesign there pickup trucks and 4 door sedans twice in one year, but it takes them 2 years to get a car people actually want into a dealership!
What truck or sedan was redesigned twice in a year?

And the 6th gen was unveiled in May. Dealerships are going to be getting cars by the end of this year. Thats 6 to 7 months, which is one of the quickest launches that I've ever seen. Where are you getting 2 years from?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #31
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 11-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #32
Rogue203

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

And the 6th gen was unveiled in May. Dealerships are going to be getting cars by the end of this year. Thats 6 to 7 months, which is one of the quickest launches that I've ever seen. Where are you getting 2 years from?
2014 Silverado and Malibu
Doesnt matter...argument I will never win. This started because I wanted info on when the ZL1 or 1LE were scheduled to be available.
Rogue203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #33
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
This started because I wanted info on when the ZL1 or 1LE were scheduled to be available.
Bullshit. This started because you were complaining about how "chevy dropped the ball" and didn't announce it when you think they should, and they announced it differently than you think they should.

The very first reply to you answered your ZL1/1LE question.

As for the "winning the argument" bs you still have yet to present a valid argument.

So, drop the troll attitude, and try using your big boy words to present some resemblance of a well thought out statement, and I'm sure you'll get much more friendly and relevant responses.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #34
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Yup, Chevy can redesign there pickup trucks and 4 door sedans twice in one year, but it takes them 2 years to get a car people actually want into a dealership!
Considering Chevrolet's trucks and sedans regularly destroy Camaro in sales every month, I'd say you're wrong there.

Quote:
Doesnt matter...argument I will never win. This started because I wanted info on when the ZL1 or 1LE were scheduled to be available.
Silverado was all-new for MY2014 and refreshed for MY2016. T1XX model is due around 2018.

Malibu was all-new for MY2013 and refreshed for MY2014. E2SC model is being launched for 2016.

Neither were redesigned twice in a year.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #35
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
They didn't re-design those twice in one year.

As for ZL1 and 1LE. No one knows. There isn't a schedule. They aren't even announced yet. All we have to go on is spy shots. They could be an Iroc and a cookie monster edition for all we know. Who knows if it'll still be 1LE and ZL1.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #36
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 11-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #37
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
sooner than later......? Sometime next year. The ball wasn't dropped......I'd say their balls have dropped and now chevy is just waiting for a predetermined time for the announcement.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428596

Old 11-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #38
CA 2016 SS

Drives: 2016 SS MRC NPP
Quote:
as anyone heard any talk about the performance versions of the Gen6? I see they are testing the ZL1....maybe? Havnt heard a word about anything else. Chevy really dropped the ball on the Camaro. There wont be any around here( Connecticut)until January to even test drive. They revealed the COPO at SEMA....Like I give a crap!!!
Wouldn't you consider the SS a "performance" version? 455hp, 0-60 in 4.0 sec.? It wasn't too long ago that 300hp-350hp was considered a lot of horsepower in a sports car. Personally, I'm happy that we don't have to wait for a "performance" version to get a car that outperforms most of what's out there.
CA 2016 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #39
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA 2016 SS View Post
Wouldn't you consider the SS a "performance" version? 455hp, 0-60 in 4.0 sec.? It wasn't too long ago that 300hp-350hp was considered a lot of horsepower in a sports car. Personally, I'm happy that we don't have to wait for a "performance" version to get a car that outperforms most of what's out there.
GM made the SS a none performance version years ago with the intro of COPO's, ZL1's and Z/28's. Sure it performs, but it isn't the highest end offering.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #40
CA 2016 SS

Drives: 2016 SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
GM made the SS a none performance version years ago with the intro of COPO's, ZL1's and Z/28's. Sure it performs, but it isn't the highest end offering.
I know, I just think it's funny that the SS hasn't even hit the lots yet and people are already wanting a higher performance version. We should be happy about the performance of the stock SS instead of blasting GM for not offering something better right away! Plus, I'm sure GM doesn't want to hurt the sales of the new SS by releasing a ZL1 or Z28 too soon.
CA 2016 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #41
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
Gen6 release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Apparently, the whole world doesn't revolve around the northeast
just like all bad stuff migrates east from Cali? obtw, i don't really like how GM released the Gen6 either, no way in hell am i gonna order a car without first planking my butt in it for a test drive
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #42
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
The Camaro will be production-constrained for months, if not the entire 2016 model year. They don't need to have thousands of extra orders at the start of production. That just leads to longer wait times. And I can't think of how GM could have thousands of test-drive cars available at dealerships to let everyone sit in & drive the car before ordering begins.

And who's seen it? Well, just about everyone that came out to CamaroFest saw it. They had a couple coupes, plus a convertible. You could sit in it, ask the GM people questions ... it was great. They've probably had one or two at every major motor racing event since mid May, same with big car shows. On top of that, right now, GM is doing a pretty cool social media program (Find New Roads Trip) thats letting a ton of people all around the US drive the 2016 Camaro. There's a handful at SEMA in Las Vegas right now. All told, theres probably a few million people in the US have seen the 6th gen Camaro in person by now & its growing by the day.

I'm sure I've missed a bunch of other opportunities.

And one thing that you probably don't realize about the Belle Isle reveal is that GM got the undivided attention of every single Camaro enthusiast and media outlet in North America for a couple days by doing a special reveal. At an autoshow, they would have had to fight for attention against every other car that got shown there. And for the Camaro fans that show up, there would have been very little opportunity to actually ask anyone for information about the car. Then theres the fact that they actually let the press drive the car the day after ... something that would have been exceedingly difficult had they done the reveal in New York or at any other autoshow.
Quote:

Oh God in heaven, stop with your logical fact based posting. To quote the kid in the Subaru commercial........"you're killing me"

Quote:
Ummmmmmm Malibu was selling like Sh&t and the Silverado was going against a pretty hefty competitor that went all aluminium. GM will respond quickly when it needs to. Camaro wasn't a need to.