The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Civilization VI is out in 3 days!

So many games these days are not really that good. One game that has been consistently great over the years is Civilization.

Three more days until just one...more....turn...

Old 10-17-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Three more days until just one...more....turn...
This!

Lol soo true! Too many times have I lied to myself spouting this very phrase. Never works. I love the Civ franchise, way too many hours into Civ 5. Beyond Earth was meh for me. Had some good qualities but mostly I just wasn't a fan. I'm looking forward to this and can't wait to start uttering "just...one....more......turn......"
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:44 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
This!

Lol soo true! Too many times have I lied to myself spouting this very phrase. Never works. I love the Civ franchise, way too many hours into Civ 5. Beyond Earth was meh for me. Had some good qualities but mostly I just wasn't a fan. I'm looking forward to this and can't wait to start uttering "just...one....more......turn......"
Ditto

I haven't even 'finished' Civ V yet. Still have a few civs left to play as in the brave new world expansion. I like to play each civ at least once but also prefer playing on epic, which means that it can take a couple weeks to do each game.

Anyways, now that Civ VI has been out for a while ... anyone have it? How does it compare to past games?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The last Civ I played was II or III. Loved it, but I never got into the newer versions. How is VI?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #5
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Loved the video!!! Thanks Steve. It sounded like Sean Bean doing the commentary.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

If you haven't gotten the game yet, get it. I've been playing it a lot these last few months.

Sean Bean does some Intro speaches as well as Wonder and tech/culture voiceovers
Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

I really like the game. Districts are interesting and between that and how the tech trees work now...many things have been simplified. From a game design standpoint, so much is "balanced" now.

I miss some things about older versions, yet when you get down to it...it's still as compelling to play as any game of Civ I've played in the past.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #8
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Cool thanks.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
LSxWittles

I'll agree with Steve on this. There are things that are missing from the game but after playing a few games (have done 4 different Civ campaigns), I've really been enjoying the game. My only gripe (besides no workshop support yet) would be the way the religious warfare system works. Not a game breaker just seems unbalanced is all. Also the Sean Bean voice overs are brilliant. If you are on the fence about getting the game then I suggest purchasing. Just my opinion
Old 01-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #10
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
I'll agree with Steve on this. There are things that are missing from the game but after playing a few games (have done 4 different Civ campaigns), I've really been enjoying the game. My only gripe (besides no workshop support yet) would be the way the religious warfare system works. Not a game breaker just seems unbalanced is all. Also the Sean Bean voice overs are brilliant. If you are on the fence about getting the game then I suggest purchasing. Just my opinion
Sean Bean is fine, however having Leonard Nimoy do the Voiceover for IV was amazing.

Yeah, I turn off the religious victory. Even though I do that, I still end up converting every city eventually for massive gold bonus'. Create Apostles, use all but one charge...and keep them around for defense.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #11
LSxWittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Sean Bean is fine, however having Leonard Nimoy do the Voiceover for IV was amazing.

Yeah, I turn off the religious victory. Even though I do that, I still end up converting every city eventually for massive gold bonus'. Create Apostles, use all but one charge...and keep them around for defense.
I completely forgot about Nimoy for IV. The very first game I played I lost to a religious victory, and it happened rather quickly. Caught me by surprise. Have also been turning off Religious victory since. I learned the hard way how to combat the system lol.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #12
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

https://youtu.be/75oun5gvDAU?t=27s