The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
BlaiseVenga

Drives: None
First Time Vette Owner

In the spring I am going to be purchasing my first Vette, and will be purchasing the 2014 c7 of course! However, I will be using this as my daily driver. I'm set on the 2LT. What other options would you advise on getting?
BlaiseVenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
jefftriman

Drives: 2014 CGM Z51, 64 Lemans, 65 GTO
I you are a driver, I would recommend the Z51 package with Magnetic selective ride. If speed and handling are not of interest then just the standard Stingray with Navigation.
jefftriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
It's really up to you and which options appeal to you the most. I would agree that the Z51 package is a must for most people. I'd also definitely recommend the performance exhaust to make it sound like a true sports car. After that it's your call.

I was originally planning on getting a 1LT Z51 but recently changed my mind to the 2LT Z51. It adds a lot of the bells and whistles that I know I'll love.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Jay_Levine

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I am having a tough time deciding on whether to go with the z51. I am not looking to race. 75% of my driving will be local. I hear that the z51 will be a harder ride. That's why you get the mag on top of it. As a point of reference, I am coming from a Lexus ISC350 and before that I had Lexus SC430 and Mercedes 500SL. My current plan was the LT3 convertible with performance exhaust.

I welcome all comments. I just wish I could order already. I just spoke to the General Manager. He says I get the next order they get.
Jay_Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Levine View Post
I am having a tough time deciding on whether to go with the z51. I am not looking to race. 75% of my driving will be local. I hear that the z51 will be a harder ride. That's why you get the mag on top of it. As a point of reference, I am coming from a Lexus ISC350 and before that I had Lexus SC430 and Mercedes 500SL. My current plan was the LT3 convertible with performance exhaust.

I welcome all comments. I just wish I could order already. I just spoke to the General Manager. He says I get the next order they get.
Go with what makes you happy!

I opted for 3LT/Z51 for the dual track/street usage!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
RichmondC7

Drives: C5
Keep this in mind

Many of our forum are performance enthusiasts that are willing to trade some creature comforts - ride comfort - to get the Z51 toys. The Z51 option is a wonderful package for a relatively small price - $2800 and counting.

The std package in LT2 or LT# with automatic is more common than this forum might indicate.

The choice of LT3 vs LT2 trim is about budget and color. The only thing the $8000+ LT3 buys you is more leather on the dash and associate upper trim. It is very minimal in Red or Gray but very nice in the other colors because you get the entire package of dash, pillars, roof etc.

Also keep in mind that Chevy in the wisdom reserved the best looking wheels for the Z51 package - as extra cost items of course.

The swing in price is around $20k or a great car with LT2 upgrades and "all the bells and whistles." However, the Z51 package is now in restraint which means that they are not building cars with that option at this time. Choosing the Z51 option could put you at the end of a long line. If you are not buying from a high volume Corvette dealer - one with a high allocation...think 6 months or more for a Z51 car ordered now. By then the 2015's will be visible.
RichmondC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
3LT also changes the leather to Napa leather which is of much higher quality.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
OP I am like you, never owned a vette, and back a month ago could order anything I wanted. I am using the car as my DD and wanted the nicest ride possible. I've owned many M series BMW's and have the "Track" experience out of my system. I opted for the "base" car and could not be happier. I just drove it 1200 miles home and was planning to stop at a hotel overnight. The ride and feel was so nice I went straight on thru. The z51 is nice but the base car should not be considered "less" if you are looking for DD. I replaced the wheels and tires to z51 size, so I got the look I wanted:

Last edited by Glen e; 10-28-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
3LT also changes the leather to Napa leather which is of much higher quality.
I read on the C7 full brochure that 3LT's Napa leather is specific on the seat inserts only. The remainder is still Mulan leather including on the 3LT's instrument panel, door panel, and armrests. I think 2LT is the sweet spot for interior trim if you must have all those extra amenities.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote