The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old Today, 10:17 AM   #2087
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I Know This Post Is Worthless Without Pics, But...

Saw a Lucid in the wild yesterday, which almost never happens. Based on the wheels it was either a Touring or Grand Touring and the funny thing was my wife, who is generally oblivious to cars and has no idea Lucid even exists, saw it first and pointed it out because of how cool she thought it was.

Here's my analogy which I hope comes true...

When they outlawed incandescent light bulbs many, me included, were pissed. The replacement, that spiral fluorescent disaster, sucked out loud. Subsequent iterations still sucked, but progressively less. And now we have LED bulbs which are like ten million times better than incandescent bulbs and only a dyed-in-the-wool Luddite would still choose a bulb with a filament.

Based on the Lucid, which I would gladly drive except on long trips, we are clearly well past the spiral fluorescent phase of EVs.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #2088
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Based on the Lucid, which I would gladly drive except on long trips, we are clearly well past the spiral fluorescent phase of EVs.
Great, how long before we get to full maturity, the general purpose 60W equivalent 12 pack for $10 made in China?
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #2089
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Saw a Lucid in the wild yesterday, which almost never happens. Based on the wheels it was either a Touring or Grand Touring and the funny thing was my wife, who is generally oblivious to cars and has no idea Lucid even exists, saw it first and pointed it out because of how cool she thought it was.

Here's my analogy which I hope comes true...

When they outlawed incandescent light bulbs many, me included, were pissed. The replacement, that spiral fluorescent disaster, sucked out loud. Subsequent iterations still sucked, but progressively less. And now we have LED bulbs which are like ten million times better than incandescent bulbs and only a dyed-in-the-wool Luddite would still choose a bulb with a filament.

ICE is the new CFL. Why does a dang lightbulb need to be so complicated and have so many parts when there's LED.

Or perhaps eliminating the incandescent was a secret ulterior motive organized by the deep state so the grid could accept more EV's.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #2090
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Newest Kid on the Block…

Cadillac released details on the Cadillac Optiq. Here’s Car and Driver’s take on it…

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a6...q-ev-revealed/

And the obligatory stock photo. Looks like a baby Lyriq, with the extreme (in my opinion) rear quarter treatment toned down a bit. Also has a tailgate emblem that illuminates when you approach with the key (which I believe will be your phone).
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #2091
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Cadillac released details on the Cadillac Optiq. Here’s Car and Driver’s take on it…

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a6...q-ev-revealed/

And the obligatory stock photo. Looks like a baby Lyriq, with the extreme (in my opinion) rear quarter treatment toned down a bit. Also has a tailgate emblem that illuminates when you approach with the key (which I believe will be your phone).
I just can't over the fact that it can only do 150 kw at fast chargers.

That's quickly becoming trailing in any class.

Maybe acceptable for the Bolt replacement, but for luxury brand? Unacceptable.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #2092
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post

Yeah, but it can charge 19.2kW at 80 amps from a home panel. That's pretty dang good compared to most cars that can only charge at 11-11.5kW off a 50 amp circuit
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:37 PM   #2093
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Yeah, but it can charge 19.2kW at 80 amps from a home panel. That's pretty dang good compared to most cars that can only charge at 11-11.5kW.
That's true. Home charging is among the leaders in speed.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30 PM   #2094
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post

I agree, but…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Yeah, but it can charge 19.2kW at 80 amps from a home panel. That's pretty dang good compared to most cars that can only charge at 11-11.5kW off a 50 amp circuit
…this is where most people will do most of their charging.

Still, a luxury brand should be capable of both.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote