The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Hoodscoop

Drives: 2000 CAMARO SS
another newb

Hey - just getting started here. Hope this one grows quickly. Maybe getting in early will help me get to know people easier/quicker.

Anything good going on?

Welcome to all other newbies from a newb.

Somebody pick on me or something. Let's get something started. Tell my why your car is better than mine.

Seeya.

SLP 3.73 Axle, Auburn Diff., AAM Cover, SLP Pulleys, SLP MAF, SLP ATM, SLP CAI, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, Polished Dual/Dual Exhaust, QTEC, NOS, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, Castrol Lubricants

10-Spoke 2001 SLP Prototype Chrome Wheels, SS Key Faubs, Dash Plaque, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat, SLP Chrome Badge, Portfolio, Birth Certificate, Hurst T-Handle, SLP Leather Knob

2005 E/Street Prepared Regional Champion - Indiana Northwest Region SCCA
Hoodscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
spun07SS
RiceEateR

Drives: 2dr tahoe-lifted,headers/duals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodscoop
Hey - just getting started here. Hope this one grows quickly. Maybe getting in early will help me get to know people easier/quicker.

Anything good going on?

Somebody pick on me or something. Let's get something started. Tell my why your car is better than mine.

Seeya.
hello to you! -newb here as well(I guess we all are)

and my car is better than yours BECAUSE it is a honda civic!

(j/k)
spun07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
Hoodscoop

What color is it? Spraying any nitrous? What kind of muffler (s) are you using?

SLP 3.73 Axle, Auburn Diff., AAM Cover, SLP Pulleys, SLP MAF, SLP ATM, SLP CAI, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, Polished Dual/Dual Exhaust, QTEC, NOS, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, Castrol Lubricants

10-Spoke 2001 SLP Prototype Chrome Wheels, SS Key Faubs, Dash Plaque, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat, SLP Chrome Badge, Portfolio, Birth Certificate, Hurst T-Handle, SLP Leather Knob

Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
spun07SS
RiceEateR

Drives: 2dr tahoe-lifted,headers/duals
lol.

it is mainly blue but the body kit is white still, and the over-sized trunk wing is green.

of course I'm spraying NoZ yO 1000 shot

oh yea and my muffler is a big fart can

spun07SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #5
Hoodscoop

Righteous dude.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
Sideswipe

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:

Anything good going on?

Seeya.
Heya hood scoop,

I've got a 2000 Camaro SS too. Here's a list of my equiptment.

Modifications
Power: Thunder Racing 224/224/112 cam, Comp Cams springs and pushrods, LS6 intake, SLP lid w/ K&N filter, SSRA, Hypertech 160 thermostat, BMR throttle body bypass, Pacestter race style long tube headers, TSP off-road y-pipe, GMMG exhaust and Newtech dyno tune

Transmision / Driveline: Summit low profile tranny cooler, Vigilante 2800 torque converter, 3.73 gears and TA rear end girdle w/ stud kit

Suspension: BMR strut tower brace, sub-frame connectors, adjustable pan hard rod, throttle body by pass, Spohn lower control arms, Global West coil-over kit (450lbs front 160lbs rear) and Koni single adjustable shocks

Wheels: Torque Thrust II 17x9 and 17x11

Brakes: WD Cross drilled/slotted rotors and Axis metallis brake pads

Interior: Corbeau TRS seats and Rear seat delete kit

Exterior: Black Halo 6000K H.I.D.

Audio: Pioneer XM 9300, Alpine Type S front, Kicker RS6/RS4 rear, Image Dynamics IDQ10, Phoenix Gold Tantrums 400 and 600 amps and 1 farad cap
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Hoodscoop

Nice car - that one has to be fast - run it on the track? How do you like the KONIs?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
Sideswipe

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
the last time I ran it at the track was when it was stock lol, we'll see a little later on. I have a set of dart 205 heads I'm putting on too. The konis are delicious! soft in the rear to plant the tires and set stiffer up front...great combination. Worth every penny.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
natedog2008

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 stg.2
Exclamation Subaru it could only be a legacy!!!!

Quote:

Anything good going on?

Seeya.
First i really want to get the new camaro they need to come out with it NOW!!! but right now im running a 2005 subaru legacy 2.5 gt stage 2 kit 18 lb of turbo up and down pipe huge cold air intake K&N FILTRATION SYSTEMS. Working really hard to get a carbon fiber hood for it, same as the stock but carbon. and finally i am looking at a gallia japan made body kit but its 800 plus shipping and shizzzz ya know its hard to find stuff for this car since the body style recently changed but im trying ^__^ yea so anyway,
1/2- 11.6
0-60: 4.2
0-100:6.8
0-120:8.7
0-160:dont know to afraid to go that fast.
its very fast and the turbo lag is almost completely depleted and yes i modified it so that i can still use its automatic w tip-tronic ability's total cost of everything $2,623 not to bad for a 375 hp vehicle ^__^ goodbye mr. V8 Mustang that i couldnt beat stock lol. yea thats my car (who else has hoda civic's????????)
natedog2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #10
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog2008
First i really want to get the new camaro they need to come out with it NOW!!! but right now im running a 2005 subaru legacy 2.5 gt stage 2 kit 18 lb of turbo up and down pipe huge cold air intake K&N FILTRATION SYSTEMS. Working really hard to get a carbon fiber hood for it, same as the stock but carbon. and finally i am looking at a gallia japan made body kit but its 800 plus shipping and shizzzz ya know its hard to find stuff for this car since the body style recently changed but im trying ^__^ yea so anyway,
1/2- 11.6
0-60: 4.2
0-100:6.8
0-120:8.7
0-160:dont know to afraid to go that fast.
its very fast and the turbo lag is almost completely depleted and yes i modified it so that i can still use its automatic w tip-tronic ability's total cost of everything $2,623 not to bad for a 375 hp vehicle ^__^ goodbye mr. V8 Mustang that i couldnt beat stock lol. yea thats my car (who else has hoda civic's????????)
Holy @#$%, your car must run a 5.8 in the 1/4!!!
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #11
Hoodscoop

All cars from Wisconsin are slow.

Just kidding. Sounds nasty fast. Speaking of sound - does it have a fart-can muffler? Bet it roars.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
natedog2008

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 stg.2
Lightbulb legacy cont... and Camaro ZR-1 Type-H

Quote:
All cars from Wisconsin are slow.

Just kidding. Sounds nasty fast. Speaking of sound - does it have a fart-can muffler? Bet it roars.
Actually my dad used to have a camaro z28 1997 had a few mods in it 0-60 in 5.4 wich is the legacy stock there about the same because of the gay lag in the sub and as far as sound HELL NO i hate that raquet the loud tin can sound is stupid no go to your subaru dealarship and check it out dual exaust i have a cat back for mine and well to begin with it has the same idle purr as the camaro z28 how i have no idea it is a bit lighter sounding but still a rumble and from outside it sound very similar the blub blub blub sound is still there how they did this with a luxuary rice burner is beyond me but its nice and guess what ...... the new camaro is nicer lol. hey did you guys hear about the mustang gt-h ha they should have this as a new slogan ready for 2009 and 2010 only you can drive this car burn the engine out and destroy everything you can on a car yes do it now with the all new 2009 chevorlet camaro zr1-H a hertz legend 615 horses for you to trash ^__^ lol essentaily thats what happend in the 70's with the old mustang but wouldnt it be cool to have a zr1-H the high end huge engine for a rental for 200 or 300 a day i would hell definitly ride it all around the drag strips and stuff lol fun fun in the autoban. hey sorry about the rambel i just have little spurts of interesting things and not so intersting things to talk about but this would be an interesting topic
CAMARO ZR-1 TYPE-H (H stands for HERTZ if you didnt know) lol.
nate
natedog2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
Ant32894
Youjellybra?

Drives: 95 3.4l V6
Necro!