Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #127
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Thanks I'll look into them
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #128
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Questions Peter... How was the car running before tracy got it. I know it had turbo and pump problems. But before that happened what numbers didn't make and how did it feel like.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
1) I always had oil in the charge pipes and intake manifold
2) the turbo side always blew out smoke of the exhaust( it's a rear mount)
3) the car ran ok
4) and it was making like 330-340 to te wheels
Old 09-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #129
Peter-5

So here is an update on Tracy's work... I'm going to give the good and the bad

Good
1) I did get the right turbo that he said he gave me
2) the work he did like redoing the catch can, crank case, relocating the scavage pump, adding a sump tank, adding a pipe from the turbo to waste gate, and all the smaller thinks actually came out good... BELIEVE IT OR NOT

BAD
originally I sent my car to him for 1 main reason and that was to get the scavage pump working because it was popping a fuse and oil was leaking out of the turbo and went through the charge pipes. Blah blah I told him that I could have gotten that pump replaced under warranty (he says he does not remember me saying this) anyway he gets the pump "working" so I said ok no need to get a new pump. Long story short I pick the car up drive it home that same day and pop there goes the fuse and smoke and oil and everything goes to hell and Im back at sqaure 1...

So then I told him why did it break and was scream and all he could do was blame everyone else but him self (THIS GUY IS NEVER WRONG) he sent he recommeded that I replace the pump in the future... I didn't know the future was going to be a couple hours after I pick up the car. So he says the pump broke and I need to replace it.... NOOOOO WAYYYYY. Then he goes on and says shit like matt could have sabatoged the car and he kept blaming everyone else for his mistake.

Also my charge pipe going up and down the side of the car is bent, my rear bumber where the turbo side melted because when he welded the new pipes he didn't line up the exhaust tip..... And there is a leaking on his "custom built sump tank"

So basically if you get work done with him and everything goes smooth he will say he's the best but if he doesn't fix something and you confront him about it he gets all offensive.

Would I ever go back to him... Most likely not, it's just upsetting because when I told him he should have replace the pump in the first place he kept saying I'd go over the budget and then I told him I said I could have it warrantied and he said I never said that... Ok

He's a nice guy but never blames his self and he says I'm siding with the haters...
Old 09-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #130
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
I thought the 2010 and 2011 were the same??
I thought so to, they said the 11 is easier idk how mate they just didn't need the business im not sure lol
Old 09-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #131
Kiernans88
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO TAMPA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS IBM M6
I only live a few miles from the joke of a shop "RX". Need some local assistance? Lol

FSP Custom Grind Comp Cam - K&N CAI - 1 3/4" BBK Full Length Headers - BBK High Flow Cats - Kooks 3" Street Screamer Catback - VMax TB - Barton Short Throw - BMR Suspension/Bushings - Eibach Pro-Kit Springs -Tuned by Florida Speed and Power (FSP)
Kiernans88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #132
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Which one do you recommend the most?
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #133
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
So here is an update on Tracy's work... I'm going to give the good and the bad

Good
1) I did get the right turbo that he said he gave me
2) the work he did like redoing the catch can, crank case, relocating the scavage pump, adding a sump tank, adding a pipe from the turbo to waste gate, and all the smaller thinks actually came out good... BELIEVE IT OR NOT

BAD
originally I sent my car to him for 1 main reason and that was to get the scavage pump working because it was popping a fuse and oil was leaking out of the turbo and went through the charge pipes. Blah blah I told him that I could have gotten that pump replaced under warranty (he says he does not remember me saying this) anyway he gets the pump "working" so I said ok no need to get a new pump. Long story short I pick the car up drive it home that same day and pop there goes the fuse and smoke and oil and everything goes to hell and Im back at sqaure 1...

So then I told him why did it break and was scream and all he could do was blame everyone else but him self (THIS GUY IS NEVER WRONG) he sent he recommeded that I replace the pump in the future... I didn't know the future was going to be a couple hours after I pick up the car. So he says the pump broke and I need to replace it.... NOOOOO WAYYYYY. Then he goes on and says shit like matt could have sabatoged the car and he kept blaming everyone else for his mistake.

Also my charge pipe going up and down the side of the car is bent, my rear bumber where the turbo side melted because when he welded the new pipes he didn't line up the exhaust tip..... And there is a leaking on his "custom built sump tank"

So basically if you get work done with him and everything goes smooth he will say he's the best but if he doesn't fix something and you confront him about it he gets all offensive.

Would I ever go back to him... Most likely not, it's just upsetting because when I told him he should have replace the pump in the first place he kept saying I'd go over the budget and then I told him I said I could have it warrantied and he said I never said that... Ok

He's a nice guy but never blames his self and he says I'm siding with the haters...
Bad work, excuses, and the oh so famous "haters" line. Yupp, seen and heard all that before.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #134
Peter-5

So I've decided I'm going to fix the car and sell it. What I'm getting depends on how much i get for my car. My choices are a zl1 or a Shelby. Yea I know a stang :/ but hey there good cars or if I get enough a gtr we'll see. Thanks for all the advice guys
Old 09-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #135
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
This didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.

Good luck Pete!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #136
Peter-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
This didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.

Good luck Pete!
Yea the turbo is just to much of a hassle. When I got it i didn't know what I was getting my self into with all of the risk. Now I'm just going to buy a pre built fast car so I don't have to do much to it. It's the easiest way IMO.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #137
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
If you paid by credit card I would dispute payment . Take pics open and shut case.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #138
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter-5 View Post
Yea the turbo is just to much of a hassle. When I got it i didn't know what I was getting my self into with all of the risk. Now I'm just going to buy a pre built fast car so I don't have to do much to it. It's the easiest way IMO.
Yes and no. You could buy an SS and do a tried and true FI kit and be done with it as well.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #139
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
buy mine, its tried and true and proven reliable... you wont get more for your money....
Old 09-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #140
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I know what you are feeling but getting a car and building it with a good kit is truly a satisfying thing. I have done quite a few and I have loved every one. For the right price a nice 11 vert RS with IPF sc could be yours .