The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #1
BLZBUB

Drives: 2014 Z51 Red
Major Electrical Gremlin 2014

HI All,

My 2014 Z51 Coupe (Auto,3LT) has experienced 3 episodes that begin with stabilitrac warning light, followed by many others, loss of dash gauges, loss of Air Conditioning, cruise control and items such as door locks. Shutting down and restarting does not clear the problem, although the chassis items seem to perform better, the AC and Cruise does not return.
First failure required about 15 minute cooldown before would restart, and produced 12 pages of codes basically covering every module. Codes were cleared and printout provided to dealer. Computer modules under rear tray were 150 degrees per infrared thermometer. 1 week later nothing found.
Issue recurred while driving car home from dealer....at less than 25 mph. computer modules didn't "feel" as hot as first episode, and Vehicle towed to dealer. Now, after 17 days at the dealer, there is still no solution.
Needless to say, my patience is exhausted, and I am preparing to pursue the Lemon Law resolution process.

Purpose of my post:
Heads up to the group in hopes someone has an idea for diagnosis.
Thoughts on best approach to lemon law process. (the vehicle has met the requirements to file. Only thing left is to send a certified letter to GM and give them 1 final shot).
Hoping for GM to speak up.

Thanks for reading. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by BLZBUB; 07-14-2015 at 04:33 PM.
BLZBUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #2
BLZBUB

Update for the Boards...
I have initiated a complaint with GMs Customer Service Center. That resulted in the car being moved to another dealership for a fresh set of eyes. That was 4 days ago, and Ive heard nothing. I'm really disappointed in the communication here, and with GM's customer Service in general. At present, the vehicle has been out of service and at the dealer for 27 days....and the summer passes me by.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Rayo

Drives: 14'Stingray/13'LandRover/12' Harley
same thing here

Hello,

Hey, any news?

Same situation here but I havent taken my car to the dealer yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBUB View Post
Update for the Boards...
I have initiated a complaint with GMs Customer Service Center. That resulted in the car being moved to another dealership for a fresh set of eyes. That was 4 days ago, and Ive heard nothing. I'm really disappointed in the communication here, and with GM's customer Service in general. At present, the vehicle has been out of service and at the dealer for 27 days....and the summer passes me by.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
BLZBUB

Just got the car back today! After moving it to another dealer, and 250 miles of testing, the problem proved to be the Electronic Brake Control Module. Its been replaced, and no issues yet, but I plan to some road testing this weekend. Ill repost an update in a few days.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Glad to hear you have your car back in working order, and with plenty of nice weather left to enjoy it in!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #6
BLZBUB

update on electrical gremlins

Final update...

Second dealer localized and repaired the issue by replacing a bad Electronic Braking control module. Cars been doing fine since. Im working with GM Customer Service in regards to reasonable compensation for loss of use of the vehicle for 5 weeks.

So far, so good!

Tags
electrical, lemon, service