Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-28-2024, 08:02 PM   #1
Pancamo

Drives: 20 1SS 1LE
Reverse Camera Low Frame Rate

As the title states, my reverse camera has been randomly a notably lower frame rate than it was when I got the car. From what felt like a consistent 60FPS to around 20. Was occasional, now its constant.

I'm not sure if this is the camera itself that's faulty or something else. I can't find any information online of other people with a Chevy or specifically 6th Gen Camaros having this same issue, just complaints of resolution.

Anyone familiar with this problem from GM or Camaro? Know if this is a problem with the unit or a gremlin? I think I've found the part number for the camera online #85536893 but can't find much other information about it either.

'20 1LE 1SS M6 19k mi. I do have aftermarket tail lights but I don't remember if the wiring harness to those connects to the harness for the camera. If anyone has any insight or information to a potential fix that'd be great.
Pancamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 12:48 AM   #2
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
could be an indication of a failing camera. Also might have a layer of dirt on the lens which the camera then needs to drop the frame rate in order to allow enough light in for the sensor to operate. Think the sensors used are pretty low quality so even a very slightly darker image might force a frame rate drop
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote