The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-26-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
Stingray Exhaust

I am thinking about an Aftermarket system. My car came equipped with NPP exhaust. My question is are the aftermarket systems really worth the money they cost? I want the car to be loud. But do they get the car that much louder than stock with the exhaust valves open. It's hard to tell from the videos online. Anyone with a system installed who can speak to the difference?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
Flytrade

Drives: 2015 C7
I have the same exhaust, and I'm looking forward to the replies you get to your question.
However, I'm wondering if there is a way to keep our exhaust, but just make it louder? I was thinking of taking the car to a muffler shop to see if they have any suggestions.
If that did not work, I would then like to have a list of aftermarket mufflers that will fit, and go to their web site and see if they have sound clips. I have a Borla system on my Mustang, and really like it - so I'm leaning to their exhaust system for the C7.
Flytrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #3
1FASTC7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray
I know headers and a mid pipe will work but I'm also not trying to void the motor warranty. I have had borlas as well on previous cars and do like their products. However at 3k+ for their system, what am I really getting other than the tips?
1FASTC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
thrilled

Drives: 1LT
I installed B&B prt,to my non NPP.It sounds really good.And when I stomp on it,it's definitely attention getting.Might be something on YouTube .
thrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
I had the CORSA exhaust added to my C7 (non-NPP) Z51 about 2 weeks ago. I could not be happier! It sounds amazing and is exactly what I was looking for. I opted for the Sport Version with the BLACK tips. Looks and sounds phenomenal.....MOST DEFINITELY LOUDER & DEEPER THAN THE FACTORY NPP OPTION.

You will not be disappointed I have had Borla and B&B in the past on other cars (Porsche's), but the Corsa is my favorite so far.

Here is a link to Corsa's website http://www.corsaperformance.com/Sound.aspx#

Search on YouTube as well and you can see other video's and my comments.

One feature/benefit that I got from installing the Corsa system was both increased HP and Torque. HONESTLY, I saw it in person as I was standing there for all 6 runs. As part of the install, I had 3 dyno runs done prior to install and 3 runs after. The average increase was 11, 12 and 14 (average of 12) hp and torque. Finally, the Corsa is not nearly as expensive either. Like I said, couldn't be happier!!

Last edited by mowilson329; 04-30-2015 at 12:20 PM.
mowilson329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #6
Joe Stingray
Master of All Things

Drives: 2019 Stingray 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTC7 View Post
I am thinking about an Aftermarket system. My car came equipped with NPP exhaust. My question is are the aftermarket systems really worth the money they cost? I want the car to be loud. But do they get the car that much louder than stock with the exhaust valves open. It's hard to tell from the videos online. Anyone with a system installed who can speak to the difference?
First question I would have to you is....is you C7 going to be just a fun driver? or going on long road trips?

anyway....I have the NNP exhaust.....and I drive mine EVERY day. HOWEVER, what you can do, like so many us do, in within the Infotainment Center, there is a selection within the vehicle section called "Sound Management", in it you can select how the NNP exhaust system will respond. You can either select AUTO, which will change the tone of the exhaust (open or close it) based on the RPM and driving mode you are in (ECO, TOUR, SPORT, TRACK). OR you can "PIN" or select the exhaust in a specific mode, in which case it stays in the configuration regardless of what driving mode you are in. THUS, to have it the loudest/growliest, you pin or select TRACK mode. In that mode the only time it will be quiet is when the car shifts into 4 cylinder mode when cruising at a constant steady speed....and it takes all of 3 milliseconds to switch to 8 cylinder mode and the ROAR is back on!!

so seeing as how you have paid for the NNP....give it a shot. ALSO, there have been plenty of guys that add headers and a mid-pipe and that increased the tone as well. So do it in steps, and you will get what you want, and not end up paying for stuff you don't need, and will have more cash for other mods.
Joe Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:00 AM   #7
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
I'd wait until the stock exhaust needs replaced or you just wasted a bunch of money on the performance exhaust.

I have my sound management OFF and it's plenty loud for me.

I don't know if the C7's performance exhaust has a fuse or not, but on my ZL1 I pulled the fuse so the exhaust was always open.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #8
Joe Stingray
Master of All Things

Drives: 2019 Stingray 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
I'd wait until the stock exhaust needs replaced or you just wasted a bunch of money on the performance exhaust.

I have my sound management OFF and it's plenty loud for me.

I don't know if the C7's performance exhaust has a fuse or not, but on my ZL1 I pulled the fuse so the exhaust was always open.

YES it does have a fuse.

and the sound management system in the infotainment system is little different between the '14 and '15. in the '15 you can pin the exhaust to TRACK which will keep it OPEN all the time. and there is no OFF selection....which is the same thing as TRACK mode in the '15
Joe Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote