Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #169
tahoeacr

Drives: 69 camaro's,'14 1ls slvr 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
I would choose the 1LE a million times over.

Apart from the major items listed by GM, there are so many little things they tweaked on the 1LE such as the 1LE specific fuel pump control module, ZL1 fuel pump, pick-ups, and crossover tubes, 1LE specific ABS lateral accelerometer, 1LE specific ABS algorithm and so on. It feels like a different car compared to SS. All these little tweaks add up to equal a beast of a machine.
With the 1LE ZL1 fuel pumps, when you are out of gas, your out of gas. There is no key on to build enough fuel pressure to get over the overpass. The salesman got to walk to the gas station while I checked out the car
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:11 AM   #170
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorLED View Post
Updated LAP TIME for 1LE 2:58:34

The SS was a dog in comparison: 11+ seconds slower than the 1LE....Bam! That Just Happened

Chevrolet Camaro SS 3:09.50

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virgin...l_raceway.html
Those lap times were with an early SS. With the 2012+ receiving the suspension updates and electric power steering in the 2013+ I bet the difference is much smaller now. With the same set of wheels/tires the difference is probably negligible.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:34 AM   #171
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
No. I would never have purchased a Camaro hardtop, especially living where we have the best weather in the U.S. Even lowered with HD sway bars and cradle bushings my ride quality is better, smoother and quieter than a 1LE. The convertible with the top down gets more looks and looks better IMO than the coupe. Also, I don't want to be shifting all the time.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:36 AM   #172
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
No. I would never have purchased a Camaro hardtop, especially living where we have the best weather in the U.S. Even lowered with HD sway bars and cradle bushings my ride quality is better, smoother and quieter than a 1LE. The convertible with the top down gets more looks and looks better IMO than the coupe. Also, I don't want to be shifting all the time.
1le>ss>v6>automatic convertible

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:03 AM   #173
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
1le>ss>v6>automatic convertible
You meant an SS auto convertible is > than 6spd, overpriced hardtop ZL1
Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #174
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
I see caliper covers...enough said. Some people like show more than go. To each their own.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #175
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
No regrets whatsoever, partially because I was only going to buy this car if I could get it at the right price, and that meant buying from stock before my $3K GM top off earnings expired. No 1LE's available anywhere that were equipped remotely how I wanted.

I am also not much of a speed demon/corner carver, so the handling enhancements would have been lost on me. The regular SS impresses me a lot in this regard anyway, and it's a huge step up from the '08 Mustang GT convertible that I traded.

So anyway, for me, it would effectively have been a $7K approx price bump. Definitely not worth it. Another black mark for me on the 1LE was tire wear/replacement cost.

But if there had been a local 1SS ILE I might have been tempted to go outside my price range, because I will admit that it looks stunning. Kind of glad there weren't any around
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #176
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
If I were rich I would regret not getting a ZL1. for me the 2SS is the sweet spot!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #177
CamaroTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Lethal Racing is way more than just a power adder shop it's a full service tuner shop. Whatever you want they can do. My car has full suspension. coil overs, bushings, and sways. I'm into road racing and spend a lot of time on road courses. The only thing at this point until the supercharger goes on that I wish I had that the 1LE has is the gearing. But once boost is in that won't be an issue any more.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Sounds like youre building yourself a nice ride! Are you still running stock staggered rim/tire setup? What size sways did you go with?

The dusk edition was the model that got me looking at 2013 Camaros, then I found out about the 1LE and had to have one in Blue Ray Met.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #178
SS PANTHER

Quote:
I see caliper covers...enough said. Some people like show more than go. To each their own.
I see another idiot...enough said? Your right to each there own, which, I expressed in my original post, but, then you have some ignorant clowns like yourself and ZL1 Spoked come in to degrade my car. What did I say in my first post that hurt your feelings?
I have seen convertibles beating 1LE's at the autocross. My car is faster than a stock 1LE. Depends on the driver. The fastest cars in the world, drags or F1 run autos. I love the top down experience and would never trade it for a hardtop. Brembos painted.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #179
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Sounds like youre building yourself a nice ride! Are you still running stock staggered rim/tire setup? What size sways did you go with?

The dusk edition was the model that got me looking at 2013 Camaros, then I found out about the 1LE and had to have one in Blue Ray Met.
Went down to staggered 20s with 275s on the front and 315s on the rear for the traction I need. And yes I had a 13 1LE I was going to buy. But once I saw the dusk I had to have it. The blue ray metallic is awesome good choice on the car man.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #180
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
I sort of regret it after I learned about the 1LE option post purchase but I love my car to death and enjoy driving it everyday. Also I have too many current and upcoming mods going into her that it wouldn't be worth it to trade her in. In the end just get what fits your lifestyle and what you want. Only you will be driving it
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #181
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
My suspension is better than yours.
So I can't upgrade my suspension?
The 1le lap times are better.
So, they have the same 1/4.
But my wheels and tires are so much better than yours.
So you're telling me I can't get some better?
My hood wrap is so awesome and my spoiler.
So I can't put that same stuff on my car?

That's what this thread turned into.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #182
CamaroTom

Quote:
I see another idiot...enough said? Your right to each there own, which, I expressed in my original post, but, then you have some ignorant clowns like yourself and ZL1 Spoked come in to degrade my car. What did I say in my first post that hurt your feelings?
I have seen convertibles beating 1LE's at the autocross. My car is faster than a stock 1LE. Depends on the driver. The fastest cars in the world, drags or F1 run autos. I love the top down experience and would never trade it for a hardtop. Brembos painted.
You Mad?

Someone shopping for a SS convertible is not even close to being in the market for a 1LE. Two different buyers. GM doesn't make the 1LE or Z28 in convertible form and GM doesn't include PTM on the ZL1 convertibles for a reason.