The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > New Member Intro Lounge

Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Can't wait to make the switch...

Hi everyone. I've been a german car guy for years now (I have owned 3 versions of the M3 and currently have a MB C63 coupe) but the new C7 will be my next purchase

Up until the C7, I wasn't a huge Corvette fan... I absolutely appreciated the car for its performance and ability (they are monsters at the track where I frequent) but the interior and exterior (although it was much improved in the C6) held me back. Not to mention it only had 2 seats and I have 3 kids . The C7 has changed all of this (not the seat issue but I've convinced my wife not to care ) and I am very excited to own one. My father owned a 1978 silver/grey Vette and that car was his pride and joy. I remember spending hours and hours under that car working on it, changing oil, detailing it... it was the car that started my passion for cars at the young age of 8.

I look forward to being part of this community!!

Heath
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Welcome to Corvette7!

I think the C7 with its new exotic exterior design and upgraded interior will be drawing many more folks from the luxury European sports car enthusiast group, just as it's done with you.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...

Indeed the new C7 will have new followers/believers/owners all in one. I share the same sentiment since I also had my share of euro models, an M3 and E55 AMG... although I switched to first getting a Camaro SS and a Boss 302, the new Stingray is the next goal. It's unbelievably gorgeous and visually stunning in person. Here it is again at the last day of the Chicago auto show. This is not just another Corvette, it's a total revolutionary change... a new novel, not just another chapter.

Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Welcome!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Thanks everyone!
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote