Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-28-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
CA to Repeal Exhaust Law!

This just in...

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2019...paign=eNews3.5
Old 03-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Nice. Now if only they'd quite being so strict about long tube headers for all you Californian Camaro owners.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
SS 310H55A

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Nice. Now if only they'd quite being so strict about long tube headers for all you Californian Camaro owners.

That’ll never happen if CARB is around. Long tubes eliminate pollution control devices that are illegal to remove in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
This is awesome news, a step in the right direction!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
NO REPEAL. Just read the thing.

Just changes from a citation to a fix it ticket. No change to DB.
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:59 PM   #6
SS 310H55A

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
NO REPEAL. Just read the thing.

Just changes from a citation to a fix it ticket. No change to DB.

The repeal is for the bill that allows cops to issue you a citation instead of a fix it ticket. You’re crazy if you think California will increase the permissible DB level for vehicles less than 6000lbs.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #7
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
“AB 390 would re-institute law enforcement’s discretion to issue “fix-it” tickets.”

It really comes down to a ‘discretionary dick’ law as to whether the officer WANTS to write a fix it ticket or not. But still a step over the draconian, you’re gonna pay big, law. Little victories...
Old 03-28-2019, 07:40 PM   #8
rshelar

This whole thing is different than something obvious like a light out. Until they issue DB meters to all patrol cops, I’m not going to accept any type of ticket based on a guess. Are these people now acoustic experts? How about watching out for old ladies doing 10 MPH who can’t see over the dash. Now that would be helpful!

Old 03-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #9
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
This whole thing is different than something obvious like a light out. Until they issue DB meters to all patrol cops, I’m not going to accept any type of ticket based on a guess. Are these people now acoustic experts? How about watching out for old ladies doing 10 MPH who can’t see over the dash. Now that would be helpful!

I don't see too many old lady's driving 10 mph who can't see over the dash. However, I do hear lot of people with super loud exhausts speeding through the neighborhood and down the main boulevard a few streets over.

Most of this noise seems to be attributed to the these 4 banger imports that emit this continous loud farting sound that resonates all through the area.

They are doing this on purpose to a make a lot of noise so I have no problem with this law. They should make it stricter. Also, I wish they start enforcing the tint laws around here too. Too many people driving around with limo tint.

How can the cities say their budgets are broke when they don't even enforce the laws that are on the books?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:40 AM   #10
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
[/B]

I don't see too many old lady's driving 10 mph who can't see over the dash. However, I do hear lot of people with super loud exhausts speeding through the neighborhood and down the main boulevard a few streets over.

Most of this noise seems to be attributed to the these 4 banger imports that emit this continous loud farting sound that resonates all through the area.

They are doing this on purpose to a make a lot of noise so I have no problem with this law. They should make it stricter. Also, I wish they start enforcing the tint laws around here too. Too many people driving around with limo tint.

How can the cities say their budgets are broke when they don't even enforce the laws that are on the books?
If its anything like WA state, they will enforce it when there is something to gain. Monetary or otherwise. They use these laws as a way to generate revenue when they feel like it but more so as a reason, if wanted, to pull you over and search for something more.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:42 AM   #11
rshelar

Fo sho. Cops are always looking to make that big “bust of the day”. They have to have “cause” to pull you over here in CA. A cop buddy told me that their favorite thing is a light out on the plate. Even newer vehicles won’t throw an indicator for this. Hmmmm

Old 03-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #12
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Old 03-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #13
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Kalifornia: Sanctuary cities GOOD, Healthy exhaust note BAD

Hilarity ensues...

Cue the circus music!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #14
V8only

Drives: 2012 camaro 45th 2ss/rs Centri SC
horrible mis-understanding with this law. The "db" requirement is the exact same as it's always been, that has not changed. The ONLY thing that changed with the law is that it's no longer a fix it ticket. Now you're allowed to leave the exhaust on and you just pay the fine, again and again lol.

If it wasn't for all these v6 guys, honda's and stock v8's straight piping their cars, we wouldn't be having these issues. Straight pipes are ruining it for those serious about modding their cars in california. Law enforcement and the public are sick and tired of hearing these ear splitting exhausts on these cars driving by.
-66 mustang fuel injected resto-mod
V8only is offline   Reply With Quote