Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #1
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Ebay member macjac6778 accuse me of stealing lol!!

Ok so I bought a brand new set of Hotchkis 19110 1" lowering springs from eBay member macjac6778 for $175 shipped. Thought it was a great dea, right? Well when I receive the box only 3 springs are in the box. So I message him and he says "I never even looked in the box before I shipped them, let me look in my garage and get back to you". He gets back to me and says, no luck he couldn't find it and to go ahead and send them back and he will refund my $175 plus $25 for shipping because that's what he paid. Well I ship them back to the tune of $71 because fedex, who he told me to use, made me re-box it in their box because the old one was pretty trashed, which it was. Anyways it was like $14 for the box and $54 to ship. So he gets it back and then messages me and says that I kept one of the springs he says there is a 9lb difference from his box weight to mine. Actually my box weighed 25.6lbs and his was an even 30lbs. I mean really, I stole one spring then took a gamble and paid $71 shipping plus the $175 for the springs just to take 1 spring....for free like if I needed just one spring I couldn't just go and buy one?? No I must use eBay for my master scheme of taking someone on a con lol. Anyways he offered me like $131 for a partial refund and no refund on shipping.

Anyways what is wrong with people and why must I go thru the eBay buyer protection program for crap like this?!

Rant over, just wanted to share what happens in my little world
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Scheme or did someone get to your package before you?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
Scheme or did someone get to your package before you?
I'm sure it went somewhere but he assumes that I'm trying to scam him which chaps my hide. I told him that maybe it came out during shipping the first time to me. All I know is it showed up taped up and only 3 springs.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #4
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Could have filed a claim on the damaged package with missing contents right away- now it's a clusterfark
The weight difference between his shipment and yours shows the spring was lost after he shipped. So yes, he should be pissed. If I was in his position I wouldn't refund at all, as he did what he said he would and you mishandled dealing with it. Sorry, but it's true.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
climb-101

Drives: 2010 2ss
if he did a bad job packing the springs and one one came out then that's on him. I have had packages that have been handled poorly and the shipping company has tryed taping them up.

I always double box stuff now when I ship, I don't want any reasons for the other person to have a reason to be unhappy. I'm sure all 4 were there when it left but prob got lost in shipping and showed up with 3
climb-101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Could have filed a claim on the damaged package with missing contents right away- now it's a clusterfark
The weight difference between his shipment and yours shows the spring was lost after he shipped. So yes, he should be pissed. If I was in his position I wouldn't refund at all, as he did what he said he would and you mishandled dealing with it. Sorry, but it's true.
Lol. The package came taped up and sealed. Not damaged. Where I got screwed was not opening a claim, instead I listened to the guy and shipped it back outside of eBay. I spoke with eBay today and told them the situation and they said not to accept any partial refunds. They assured me that I would get a complete refund plus the added shipping I had to pay out of pocket. I in no way mishandled this. He completely misjudged me and never thought to think that it may have been lost before it got to me. He should of opened a claim with FedEx immediately as I contacted him within hours of receiving it. Instead he said let me look in the garage and waited 3 days before actually checking.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
Shawno72

Look at this. He claimed his package weighed 30lbs, a number that you enter in yourself when shipping thru eBay, he continues to say that each spring weighs 8-9lbs a piece making the package weigh 32-36lbs and says my package weighs 21lbs but my label says 25.6lbs. He clearly is up to something. My box was shipped directly from the fedex office where his was done on his computer at home.

This is a copy of my return label
Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
Shawno72

Notice how in the statement above he claims that he checked and made sure all 4 springs were in the box but here is the first message he sent after I told him that there was only 3 springs. My my how his story changed!