Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
always at least attempt to move to the right. I had a officer turn his lights on going over a narrow bridge. Idk how he would think he is going to get passed me but I at least made it look like I was trying to move out of the way. Also sometimes these officers cause big accidents when this happens. They should really be more careful when they try to get by people.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:52 PM   #16
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
View ticket was from detector. I'm going to go to court for these, or try to at least. See what I can have thrown out/reduced if anything. Maybe he won't show and I'll get lucky
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #17
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
That cop would have a field day here in Louisiana. So many people hang things from the rear view mirror, especially bead necklaces! Good idea about going to court to try and get some things worked out. Good luck!!!
Old 08-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #18
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Same happened to me on the highway, didnt see cop coming through traffic on the shoulder, he pulled up right nxt to me with windows down making a "weird hand motion" kind of like a get out the way! motion lol..

But I didnt get any tickets, he probably had to go do something.. I have a feeling if you didnt stop at the pizza shop he probably wouldnt of found you again to mess with you.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #19
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
So, i got stopped, kinda, today.

I saw a cop with his lights on a few bus lengths back when stopped at a traffic light. Light turned green, so I continued as normal. I saw him pull up behind another car that was behind me, and as I rounded the curve, I didn't see him follow. I went to turn left into a pizza shop (i had inched forward and was over the line at this point), and he pulled up behind me and went to go around on my left, almost cutting me off. He rolled down his window, briefly stopped next to me, and gave me this weird hand motion, then sped down the road past me. I pulled into the pizza shop to pickup my lunch, and when i came back out, he was in front of me with his lights on.

I got written for tints and radar detector (obstruction of view), which I can understand. Now, the third ticket was "Failure to yield to emergency vehicles" (citation 39:4-92). Am I really in the wrong for this? Perfectly okay if I am, just trying to get some outside perspective.

He also tried giving me citations for my rear window louvers, and my exhaust being too loud, but gave me verbal warnings.
You mean to say you don't know you are suppose to pull over to the side of the road when a police car come up behind you with its lights on . Your suppose to do that whether or not you are being pulled over . You got those tickets for not thinking .
Old 08-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #20
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
You mean to say you don't know you are suppose to pull over to the side of the road when a police car come up behind you with its lights on . Your suppose to do that whether or not you are being pulled over . You got those tickets for not thinking .
If you took time to read the thread....He said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
I could have moved to the side of the road, but by the time I saw him, I was already mid-turn. Me moving probably would have caused confusion, and most likely an accident

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #21
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Bet his tint was just as dark, his laptop was an obstruction of view, and the back seat cage is way more obstructing than your louvers. My 2 cents
Old 08-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #22
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
In the cops defense, he sort of has a case since you didn't see him, including when you were starting to turn into him. Just sayin....
Old 08-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #23
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Like i said, i'm accepting of being in the wrong here, but I just felt it kinda over the top that he had to walk around my car and look for things wrong, especially since I wasn't being a dick to him. He was even being a snot about me handing him my reg and insurance in these small paper holders.
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #24
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
What town in NJ did this happen ?

I work for a trucking company. A hot ticket cops are starting to write is obstructed windshield.
Basically you can't put anything in the path of your windshield wipers.
It's a bull crap ticket but I am sure you can strike up a deal in court.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #25
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
What town in NJ did this happen ?

I work for a trucking company. A hot ticket cops are starting to write is obstructed windshield.
Basically you can't put anything in the path of your windshield wipers.
It's a bull crap ticket but I am sure you can strike up a deal in court.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #26
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
The hot sign was on at the donut shop
Old 08-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #27
kdalters
Nittany Lion in Hogville

Drives: 2012 Camaro conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Same happened to me on the highway, didnt see cop coming through traffic on the shoulder, he pulled up right nxt to me with windows down making a "weird hand motion" kind of like a get out the way! motion lol..

But I didnt get any tickets, he probably had to go do something.. I have a feeling if you didnt stop at the pizza shop he probably wouldnt of found you again to mess with you.
The "HOT" sign must have been on at Krispy Keene......
kdalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #28
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Pay more attention next time on what's going on around you while you drive....when you see the lights more the hell over...how hard is that...if the cop had time to pull up next to you and roll down his window and give you a hand jester....you had time to pull over in the first place.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote