Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #71
Dwille

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Barring unforseen scheduling issues we will be at the Police Academy on June 1st. Look for us in a white 2014 1LE running Fstreet (stock class).
Dwille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #72
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The best time to question your classification is during Tech or before you start running. The CamaroCross is all about having fun. We do our best to make sure that we deliver on that.

Here are the classes.

C1 -- Stock V6: Any street licensed V6 5th Gen Camaro. We want to see more V-6's this year! CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.
C2 -- Stock V8: Any street licensed V8 5th Gen Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine, brake, or suspension modifications. No under 200 treadwear tires or drag radials.
C3 -- Modified: Any naturally aspirated street licensed 5th Gen Camaro (no nitrous).
C4 -- Super Modified: Any force inducted street licensed IRS 5th Gen Camaro. Unlimited mods. Includes 1LE, ZL1 and 2014 Z/28.
C5 -- Shop Car: Any Generation shop owned or non-street licensed car. Unlimited mods.

http://www.camaro5fest.net/camarocross/

A normally aspirated V6 should have been in C3.
Thank you for the clarification. Being that this was my first Fest and AutoX event, I didn't know how everything worked so I didn't know to check. I will know from now on.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #73
2010 yellow 2ss/rs

Drives: 2011 inferno orange 2ss/rs
I must say I was very disappointed that V6 Camaros where given the trophies in the stock v8 class, I mean what's the point in having a class if your going to ignore your own rules. And no I didn't do the autocross but I was there for the results. Laughable!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #74
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 yellow 2ss/rs View Post
I must say I was very disappointed that V6 Camaros where given the trophies in the stock v8 class, I mean what's the point in having a class if your going to ignore your own rules. And no I didn't do the autocross but I was there for the results. Laughable!
Modified V6s are no joke. Modified V6 cars are moved into V8 classes depending on their level of build.

Last edited by JusticePete; 05-10-2014 at 08:37 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #75
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
Quote:

If you drove it, you would know.

www.h-towncamaroclub.com

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #76
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #77
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Then don't lose to a V6? Driver mod?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #78
drew.davis83

Drives: 2011 ss stock
i was going to be quiet about it but think about me andrew lambert that has a true bone stock 1ss and i got 4th place behind v6 cars and they like i said i dont want to be a sore loser about it but since it was broght up i was a little pissed about it as well i also had the 2nd fastest prelim time behind a v6 it was not fair to the v8 due to the track set up the v6 were faster on the track and a v6 with mods is faster than a bone stock ss on a track like that any day i loved the event but the v6 mods should have been in the c3 class they would have taken the top spots in c1,c2,and c3 that looks like ringer cars to someone new to the events but like i said it was still fun no hard feelings just in disagreement

Last edited by drew.davis83; 05-12-2014 at 12:47 AM.
drew.davis83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #79
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
This V6 was in C4, did I win no... Did I have fun, hell yes. Didn't come to the fest to get a trophy, came to the fest to have fun and meet other people. This was not a sanctioned event and it was to have fun and compete against yourself. My best time of the day was 25.6. I had more in it with a driver mod and possibly playing with the tire pressures. also depending on what time of day your ran.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #80
2010 yellow 2ss/rs

Drives: 2011 inferno orange 2ss/rs
I guess your missing the point. I don't care about the mods, if anything that would make it worse. I had a V6 before the 8 and am well aware of what they can do and how they can be modified. In fact done right the V6 will take the stock V8. My point is simple, ("stock V8's") are just that not modified. to run a stock V6 or modified V6 in a V8 class is unfair to all envolved period.
Maybe they should have just had a modified V6 class. Problem solved.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #81
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Quote:
I guess your missing the point. I don't care about the mods, if anything that would make it worse. I had a V6 before the 8 and am well aware of what they can do and how they can be modified. In fact done right the V6 will take the stock V8. My point is simple, ("stock V8's") are just that not modified. to run a stock V6 or modified V6 in a V8 class is unfair to all envolved period.
Maybe they should have just had a modified V6 class. Problem solved.
Stock V6 was it's own class (C1). Modded V6 except for FI were C2. If you had FI you went super. No matter what the engine. Bottomline if you review the times of this year's Fest...driver skills reigned higher than car parts in 90% of the competitors. I watched Jordan drive a stock V6 and instantly beat 75% of the drivers. I jumped in a Stingray and posted the same time as my V6...24.4. Ray (who took 1st in C2) top time (on a fun run at the end of the day) posted 23.8 if I recall. His mods were CAI and suspension on a V6. I am sure any number of the experienced drivers jumped in a stock V8 they would post similar times. A driver's skills are the most important mods.

Need better funding for the trophies for the 3-4 entries out of 60-80 drivers that fit the bill. Period. As a modified V6 driver, I asked, and our crew of volunteers looked at the numbers and it just wasn't in the budget to offer it. And we needed to put the modded V6 somewhere.

We lost our sponsor this year. We will try to do better but again, I don't know that many modded V6's showing up each year warrants the $$$ especially without a sponsor.

I am happy to hear the fun factor. That was one of our two primary goals.

Keep the feedback coming. We are planning next year's starting tonight.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #82
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew.davis83 View Post
i was going to be quiet about it but think about me andrew lambert that has a true bone stock 1ss and i got 4th place behind v6 cars and they like i said i dont want to be a sore loser about it but since it was broght up i was a little pissed about it as well i also had the 2nd fastest prelim time behind a v6 it was not fair to the v8 due to the track set up the v6 were faster on the track and a v6 with mods is faster than a bone stock ss on a track like that any day i loved the event but the v6 mods should have been in the c3 class they would have taken the top spots in c1,c2,and c3 that looks like ringer cars to someone new to the events but like i said it was still fun no hard feelings just in disagreement
I will offer this proposal for change.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #83
drew.davis83

I had a blast don't want to make people think otherwise but the way I read the classes c3 was any modded na car so why is this a change I seems that it is the way it should have been just confused and trying to understand i am not mad or complaining
Old 05-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #84
drew.davis83

Modded v6 fit the criteria for c3 not c2