Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #57
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
I like the people who say meh the 1LE is nothing special no big deal ok ever drive one on a track ? not talking about red light to red light or on the highway i talking RACE TRACK prob not
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
tslsa28

Drives: 1991 with 383 and Mini Ram
RonnieG, you said we have until June 27th to place an order. Is that for a 2013?
tslsa28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #59
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslsa28 View Post
RonnieG, you said we have until June 27th to place an order. Is that for a 2013?
yep. i figured something was off when dealerships were telling me different things so i called the chevy number on their webpage and twice i called to verify, both times was told that June 27th is deadline for dealerships to order Camaros.

from what i have heard regarding dealerships and ordering Camaros is:
1. somewhere on forums I've seen someone mention that a dealer can no longer special order a 13 now.. BUT they CAN make a regular inventory order on 13's.
2. a dealer rep told me that certain dealerships have privileges in regards to special orders.. something about meeting a quota before being allowed this. (up in the air if this is reliable, but then again its a given noting the source)

I was really intent on getting my car the way i wanted it and came across these bits of information. It will be a headache trying to get these dealers to do what you want.. One dealership tried to lie to me twice before i told them to cut it out telling them i'd gladly call the other dealership or chevy themselves

Last edited by RonnieG; 06-07-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: mistkaes
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #60
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
yep. i figured something was off when dealerships were telling me different things so i called the chevy number on their webpage and twice i called to verify, both times was told that June 27th is deadline for dealerships to order Camaros.

from what i have heard regarding dealerships and ordering Camaros is:
1. somewhere on forums I've seen someone mention that a dealer can no longer special order a 13 now.. BUT they CAN make a regular inventory order on 13's.
2. a dealer rep told me that certain dealerships have privileges in regards to special orders.. something about meeting a quota before being allowed this. (up in the air if this is reliable, but then again its a given noting the source)

I was really intent on getting my car the way i wanted it and came across these bits of information. It will be a headache trying to get these dealers to do what you want.. One dealership tried to lie to me twice before i told them to cut it out telling them i'd gladly call the other dealership or chevy themselves
I totally believe number 2. One of my local dealers was number 1 in the nation for quite some time. When everyone was getting 2 Camaro's during the debut for their "allotment" back in 2010, this #1 dealer had 25 of them on the lot at all times.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #61
redsled

Drives: 2013 ss/1le
life is short so live large (as much as you can)
redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #62
EvilBoost
Evil

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
the roof is an emergency escape hatch lol with the camaros small windows... it allows u to put your hand out the sunroof and pull the finish flag through ur victory lap lol... =) I got a 2ss with sunroof lol 6'0 dont wear a helmet at the drag strip lol

Taking Performance Technology to a New Level
EvilBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #63
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
I have one on my '11 SS and will have one on the '14 I just ordered. I refer to it as my vertical observation/communication port.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #64
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBoost View Post
I got a 2ss with sunroof lol 6'0 dont wear a helmet at the drag strip lol
Going for a Darwin Award, I guess.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #65
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaST-1 View Post
My point of view is very focused on performance and to narrow that even further Road Racing or HPDE performance.

The 1LE answers that question and then the Z/28 next year.

Again this is my opinion and I am just curious what others think. I maybe too narrowly focused.

Why would anyone order a Sun Roof in a 1LE? It is wrong at every level for track use.

1. High weight actually raising the center of gravity
  2. Further reducing head room. At 6'1" I don't really clear the roof now with my helmet on. My helmetrf head is on the headline now.
  3. Most sanctioning bodies would require the removal and replacement with a metal skin anyway if you wanted to progress it into wheel to wheel.
I guess my point of view is how I view the intended use the car. It is not a drag car. It is a fine street car, but if is just being driven around on the street why pay the extra bucks for it. And Nav, what is that about?

I don't mean to bruise anyone's feeling, but I am curious to see if I am the only one who see it this way.
They'd order one because they feel like it or because that's what they had on the lot. It's an "option" for a reason. The 1LE and other trim levels appeal more when options are available. Plain and simple. Why ask why.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #66
Allgrey

Drives: '13 AGM/1SS/1LE/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JambaJuiced View Post

I can say that the 1LE package is what sold me on purchasing the camaro...until then I was literally about to pull the trigger on a Mustang GT with the track pack/recaro seats...

But when I saw the 1LE, heard, and test drove it I was simply amazed...

For me, $3500 extra was a no brainer...granted I could have popped for a standard SS and mod the suspension/wheels/gearing but that is not for me these days...and the costs would have been much greater...

And for the record...no, I am not planning on tracking the car at all...it is a DD for me and I smile everyday I drive it
Ditto, actually the day before I bought mine I was negotiating with a ford dealer for a boss. Also drove the mustang w/track pack. However, the ford salesman was an a-hole. I shouldn't be surprised because I'd been to that dealership about a year prior with the same experience. I guess based on my age they thought I wouldn't qualify for top rates or that he could screw me on my trade.
Allgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #67
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc's1LE View Post
I like the people who say meh the 1LE is nothing special no big deal ok ever drive one on a track ? not talking about red light to red light or on the highway i talking RACE TRACK prob not
Ever driven a camaro with a real suspension?
It really is just improved stock.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #68
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I think the average 1LE owner/buyer is a person who would do a slightly overboard modded suspension for the street that he could occasionally take to the track. Well at least that's me.

When I test drove a stock SS I was quite disappointed. I started looking into buying a used SS then factored in the ragging it would have taken prior to my ownership and thought about how much I would have to add to get the suspension where I wanted it.

Then I looked at the 1LE package and realized that it was maybe a grand away from where it needed to be suspension wise (springs and assorted bushings maybe a sway bar) and thought about how I would get the latest of everything plus the fuel pump, tank pick ups, rear gears, improved transmission gearing, killer wheels and tires, plus strengthened drivetrain parts, nicer interior trim and wheel plus the shifter etc. All for $3500, seriously it can't be beat for less.

Can it's track times be beat with a full coil over suspension? Absolutely, but the expenditure will be way more and then the 1LE will still have a leg up because Coil Overs can be added and someone else will have to mod all the other stuff.

Flat out if you have an existing SS and have modded it roll with what you got. If you are starting from new, it's ridiculous to not buy a 1LE.

If like me you want a street brawler that can hang in the turns and give you a civilized "Race Car" feel the 1LE was a no brainer. I'm going to mod my 1LE but there are a lot of things that I don't have to worry about because I got a 1LE.

Also if I wanted a drag car I wouldn't get a 1LE. Totally different beast.

So in summary. If you don't own one or have driven one enough to know what the car is all about stop hating. The 1LE owners know what they have and what they don't.

Also if you look a the R&T test and the cars that are around it and then the ones below it in track times you can't deny that the car is legit.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #69
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I think the average 1LE owner/buyer is a person who would do a slightly overboard modded suspension for the street that he could occasionally take to the track. Well at least that's me.

When I test drove a stock SS I was quite disappointed. I started looking into buying a used SS then factored in the ragging it would have taken prior to my ownership and thought about how much I would have to add to get the suspension where I wanted it.

Then I looked at the 1LE package and realized that it was maybe a grand away from where it needed to be suspension wise (springs and assorted bushings maybe a sway bar) and thought about how I would get the latest of everything plus the fuel pump, tank pick ups, rear gears, improved transmission gearing, killer wheels and tires, plus strengthened drivetrain parts, nicer interior trim and wheel plus the shifter etc. All for $3500, seriously it can't be beat for less.

Can it's track times be beat with a full coil over suspension? Absolutely, but the expenditure will be way more and then the 1LE will still have a leg up because Coil Overs can be added and someone else will have to mod all the other stuff.

Flat out if you have an existing SS and have modded it roll with what you got. If you are starting from new, it's ridiculous to not buy a 1LE.

If like me you want a street brawler that can hang in the turns and give you a civilized "Race Car" feel the 1LE was a no brainer. I'm going to mod my 1LE but there are a lot of things that I don't have to worry about because I got a 1LE.

Also if I wanted a drag car I wouldn't get a 1LE. Totally different beast.

So in summary. If you don't own one or have driven one enough to know what the car is all about stop hating. The 1LE owners know what they have and what they don't.

Also if you look a the R&T test and the cars that are around it and then the ones below it in track times you can't deny that the car is legit.
Never said anything but.. for stock it is great but that is what it is and stock is mediocre at best.
Nothing is ever good enough stock.

530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #70
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Ever driven a camaro with a real suspension?
It really is just improved stock.

Doesn't it have .95 G+ capabilities? That's pretty serious for a street car!